PDA

View Full Version : Looking good naked

crayola
29-May-10, 12:57
I've been driven from the TV by my kids who won't watch Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-look-good-naked). :confused

I wish straight men had as much style as gay men.

Why are most straight men free of good taste and style? :confused

Shabbychic
29-May-10, 13:05

Maybe because they feel there are more important things in life? :)

crayola
29-May-10, 13:14
Maybe because they feel there are more important things in life? :)Yes but that doesn't explain why gay men are more stylish than straight men.

I don't know whether it's true in general but most of the gay men I know are also more in touch with the more important things in life than the straight ones are.

sam
29-May-10, 13:22
maybe its because they are more in touch with their feminine side that some women think they are more stylish......... simples:D

Sara Jevo
29-May-10, 13:31
Yes but that doesn't explain why gay men are more stylish than straight men.

I don't know whether it's true in general but most of the gay men I know are also more in touch with the more important things in life than the straight ones are.

I agree.

Gay guys do seem to take a lot more pride in their appearance, in general.

Go into a city centre and compare the guys in a "straight" bar with those in a gay bar.

Not only do the guys in the gay bar dress more stylishly, they tend to be fitter and oh-so good looking :D

Mind you, the guys in the gay bar are the ones who are "out" and have o hang-ups. There will be closet gays disguised as couch potatoes in the "straight" bar.

northener
29-May-10, 13:32
I've been driven from the TV by my kids who won't watch Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-look-good-naked). :confused

I wish straight men had as much style as gay men.

You've obviously not met me........

crayola
29-May-10, 13:51
maybe its because they are more in touch with their feminine side that some women think they are more stylish......... simplesYes there is indeed that aspect to it, but does that explain it all?

I agree.

Gay guys do seem to take a lot more pride in their appearance, in general.

Go into a city centre and compare the guys in a "straight" bar with those in a gay bar.

Not only do the guys in the gay bar dress more stylishly, they tend to be fitter and oh-so good looking :D

Mind you, the guys in the gay bar are the ones who are "out" and have o hang-ups. There will be closet gays disguised as couch potatoes in the "straight" bar.Oh yes you're so right about bars in Glasgay. From my selfish personal point of view it's a crying shame those guys are gay, but a girl can look and even flirt a little can't she? ;)

Point taken on the tattie slouchers.

You've obviously not met me............yet. But can you sing like Michael Bublé? :cool:

ducati
29-May-10, 14:01
If straight men were stylish and, for instance, were good at interior design and liked films like Mama Mia, how would you know the difference? :eek:

crayola
29-May-10, 14:05
If straight men were stylish and, for instance, were good at interior design and liked films like Mama Mia, how would you know the difference? :eek:They're not and they don't and more's the pity. But you could have picker a better film! :lol:

Shabbychic
29-May-10, 14:06
If straight men were stylish and, for instance, were good at interior design and liked films like Mama Mia, how would you know the difference? :eek:

God forbid. [lol]

crayola
29-May-10, 14:15
God forbid. [lol]That was exactly my reaction. :eek:

I was going to give you good rep for it but since I've just repped you for a different post I have to spread it around first. :(

ducati
29-May-10, 14:17
Thats my point, girls don't like Mama Mia, some gay men do :roll:

pegasus
29-May-10, 15:33

cause most men don't want to come over as struting, poseing peacocks. style is secondarey to the majority of men.
In the main the fashiion industry is not run by hetrosexauls. In the real world most men are not fashionistas!

crayola
29-May-10, 15:37
Thats my point, girls don't like Mama Mia, some gay men do :roll:
Yes indeed, the ones with no taste. :Razz

Sara Jevo
29-May-10, 15:52
It's a funny old world.

Many guys will be conditioned by their perceived expectations of masculinity.

And would their partners be pleased or peeved if their guys shook off their slumber, spruced themselves up and put an effort into becoming more attractive?

Hmmmmmm

crayola
29-May-10, 15:58
Good questions SJ. :)

There are significant groups of exceptions amongst heterosexual men especially in the media, advertising and marketing. David Beckham is one but I find him a real turn off.

Male bankers, accountants and solicitors dress in suits and they may think they're smart but it's just a dreary uniform and the majority of them have no taste or fashion sense at all.

teenybash
29-May-10, 16:26
it's a funny old world.

Many guys will be conditioned by their perceived expectations of masculinity.

And would their partners be pleased if their guys shook off their slumber, spruced themselves up and put an effort into becoming more attractive?

Hmmmmmm

yes.................;)

The Drunken Duck
29-May-10, 17:05
Thought Crayola wanted the "Gene Hunt/Alpha Male" type ??, not one of these purple shirt wearing Jessies who spends more time in the bathroom than his missus ??

Gok Wan is a realistic attempt at what Human Asexuality would look like. Do girls really want someone like that ??, I mean he looks like a twelve year old boy that has found his mums make up bag.

wicker8
29-May-10, 17:09
Thought Crayola wanted the "Gene Hunt/Alpha Male" type ??, not one of these purple shirt wearing Jessies who spends more time in the bathroom than his missus ??

Gok Wan is a realistic attempt at what Human Asexuality would look like. Do girls really want someone like that ??, I mean he looks like a twelve year old boy that has found his mums make up bag.just love it drunken duck

crayola
29-May-10, 17:26

Gok Wan is a realistic attempt at what Human Asexuality would look like. Do girls really want someone like that ??, I mean he looks like a twelve year old boy that has found his mums make up bag.Me want Gene Hunt? Good grief no! :eek:

Not only that but I would have tamed Gene's outward persona far more effectively than Alex Drake ever managed. Mind you, now he's been revealed as an undercover guardian angel maybe I should reconsider my opinion. :confused

In the meantime should I assume you have no style or taste and add you to my 'hopeless' basket? :(

Sara Jevo
29-May-10, 17:45
Now, the only thing that is wrong with a guy like this . . is that he fancies guys like this, too.

Sigh

:(

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3526/3281395487_14e04a8d56.jpg

crayola
29-May-10, 17:51
Hmmm I think he looks more like a poser who fancies himself more than other guys like himself. :confused

Nice seven pack though. :)

The Drunken Duck
29-May-10, 17:57
Me want Gene Hunt? Good grief no! :eek:

Not only that but I would have tamed Gene's outward persona far more effectively than Alex Drake ever managed. Mind you, now he's been revealed as an undercover guardian angel maybe I should reconsider my opinion. :confused

In the meantime should I assume you have no style or taste and add you to my 'hopeless' basket? :(

Never really been hung up on style and taste to be honest. They are as varied as people are, what some people think is style others see as not their cup of tea. I like what I like but bright colours in decor is not my style, just like I would buy Timberland and North Face over Versace and D&G.

Had a few girlfriends who tried to change my fashion sense etc etc but it never worked. I think that if a woman feels the need to change me she wasn't really interested in who I am in the first place.

Sara Jevo
29-May-10, 18:07
Never really been hung up on style and taste to be honest. They are as varied as people are, what some people think is style others see as not their cup of tea. I like what I like but bright colours in decor is not my style, just like I would buy Timberland and North Face over Versace and D&G.

Had a few girlfriends who tried to change my fashion sense etc etc but it never worked. I think that if a woman feels the need to change me she wasn't really interested in who I am in the first place.

Don't marry a man to reform him - that's what reform schools are for.
Mae West (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/maewest164484.html)

The Drunken Duck
29-May-10, 18:13
Don't marry a man to reform him - that's what reform schools are for.
Mae West (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/maewest164484.html)

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same" .. Oscar Wilde.

:D

Dadie
29-May-10, 21:19
*laughing*
My Hubby has clothes he wears that wouldnt even make it in the duster/cloth pile and I love him just the way he is..... besides I get more room in the wardrobe:lol:

3of8
29-May-10, 23:05
Me want Gene Hunt? Good grief no! :eek:

I reckon your kids have got more taste than you. If you have to resort to someone like Gok Wan (I'm sure there's an anagram in there somewhere...) for your fashion and styling ideas, then I'm afraid you're lost to the real world.

Goodbye.

pegasus
29-May-10, 23:09
I reckon your kids have got more taste than you. If you have to resort to someone like Gok Wan (I'm sure there's an anagram in there somewhere...) for your fashion and styling ideas, then I'm afraid you're lost to the real world.

Goodbye.
well siad. some need to get a grip on the real world

crayola
30-May-10, 02:03

Had a few girlfriends who tried to change my fashion sense etc etc but it never worked. I think that if a woman feels the need to change me she wasn't really interested in who I am in the first place.Timberland and North Face will keep you out of my 'hopeless' box. At least you didn't say Tesco, Sainsbury's or George at Asda. :lol:

Whenever I take the kids up to London it's a case of catching my breath before being dragged over to Top Shop on Oxford St where la plupart de la staff are exuberantly and tongue displayingly gay and a good fraction of the custom are likewise exposed. The in-your-face style-conscious vibes are palpable but nowadays the gay blokies in the men's shop are more than a tad too young for me to flirt with. That doesn't stop me mind. ;)

For some reason unknown to me they won't buy Abercrombie and Fitch stuff in London. It has to be paid for in dollars and come direct from NY. They don't listen to their mother but by God they behave like I did at their ages. :o

ducati
30-May-10, 07:14
Timberland and North Face will keep you out of my 'hopeless' box. At least you didn't say Tesco, Sainsbury's or George at Asda. :lol:

Whenever I take the kids up to London it's a case of catching my breath before being dragged over to Top Shop on Oxford St where la plupart de la staff are exuberantly and tongue displayingly gay and a good fraction of the custom are likewise exposed. The in-your-face style-conscious vibes are palpable but nowadays the gay blokies in the men's shop are more than a tad too young for me to flirt with. That doesn't stop me mind.

For some reason unknown to me they won't buy Abercrombie and Fitch stuff in London. It has to be paid for in dollars and come direct from NY. They don't listen to their mother but by God they behave like I did at their ages. :o

Well, I would spend all my money on designer clothes and grooming but I really don't think the Seals and Puffins would really appreciate it that much :eek:

crayola
30-May-10, 14:34
Well, I would spend all my money on designer clothes and grooming but I really don't think the Seals and Puffins would really appreciate it that much :eek:You underestimate the birds at your peril ducati. ;)