PDA

View Full Version : my dear friend

wicker8
28-May-10, 22:54
i have just been informed that a dear friend of mine has left the org ,the reason i do not know but it must off been a dam good one as the man is educated and a gentleman we dont seem to come across a lot of that these days so much for the caithness folk time to lift your spirts

Tubthumper
28-May-10, 22:58
Not a good reason, he just got ground down by the paranoid pair and lost the rag. It's time to ignore them, they'll maybe go away and leave us in peace.

wicker8
28-May-10, 23:14
well said your spot on i totally agree

Dadie
28-May-10, 23:15
Hope he looks at these threads and comes back!

S&LHEN
28-May-10, 23:18
You need an extremely thick skin to stay on the org it gets quite personal and hurtful and in mu opinion theres no need for it. :(
I feel truly sorry your friend leaving but maybe for the best the way things seem to be going x

wicker8
28-May-10, 23:23
You need an extremely thick skin to stay on the org it gets quite personal and hurtful and in mu opinion theres no need for it. :(
I feel truly sorry your friend leaving but maybe for the best the way things seem to be going xso true thanks for your nice words

unicorn
28-May-10, 23:24
There are far too many personal insults here these days and with so many young children on the forum, I think people really need to curb their behaviour.
What are these types of posts teaching impressionable youngsters?
We need to think before we type and look at the wider picture and wonder who is going to be reading these threads.
We are supposed to be the adults and lead by example :eek:

Tubthumper
28-May-10, 23:26
Maybe the following would be helpful:
"Think of posting on the org as like being in a boisterous and slightly rough pub on a friday night at 10:30pm.

Think before you speak/ post
Try to consider others feelings, take a wider view
Don't bang on
If you're going to bang on, do something to keep it fresh and interesting
Try and stay off your hobby-horse
Remember there's a good chance someone will try to nip your erse
You can make lots of pals, or lots of folk who think you're a buffoon. They won't hate you, just think you're a clown
Don't be surprised if you get knocked over by someone who's a bit pished
Expect to get your bag nicked (if in Wick)"

unicorn
28-May-10, 23:31
But this is not an over 18 zone it is a family forum and we have kids here as young as 10 that I am aware of.

wicker8
28-May-10, 23:33
yes your right unicorn we do have kids on the org [even old ones ]

Boozeburglar
29-May-10, 00:28
Expect to get your bag nicked (if in Wick)

Huh? Care to expound?

porshiepoo
29-May-10, 08:56
I fear there will be more sane, intelligent orgers taking the same action and leaving this asylum until there is nothing left but the looneys posting on it.

It's so obvious to many of us which posters are the ones who are simply trying to get kicks out of hounding and bullying on here. It's a shame we cannot vote them off.

This forum used to be a great place to come along, catch up and have a civilised conversation or at least take the mick in a friendly manner.
Not any more!

Saveman
29-May-10, 09:20
.......and there is nothing new under the sun......

only me
29-May-10, 10:07
thats a shame i lked john he always had good posts i would not of gave in to that two s

Ajax
29-May-10, 10:19
i to will miss john

Ajax
29-May-10, 10:20
I fear there will be more sane, intelligent orgers taking the same action and leaving this asylum until there is nothing left but the looneys posting on it.

It's so obvious to many of us which posters are the ones who are simply trying to get kicks out of hounding and bullying on here. It's a shame we cannot vote them off.

This forum used to be a great place to come along, catch up and have a civilised conversation or at least take the mick in a friendly manner.
Not any more!i have to agree everyone helped one another now is just utter nonsense

Shabbychic
29-May-10, 13:52
I don't understand why people have to leave because of one or two posters. For every loud nutter there are plenty normal posters. I have found through other forums, that if the culprits are totally ignored, they soon go away.

There are always going to be Keyboard Terrorists, that's just the way of the web. Don't respond or react to them, and they can't hurt you. :)

♪ ♫ Always look on the bright side of life...da dum, da dum, de dum de dum de dum. ♫ ♫

wicker8
29-May-10, 13:58
I don't understand why people have to leave because of one or two posters. For every loud nutter there are plenty normal posters. I have found through other forums, that if the culprits are totally ignored, they soon go away.

There are always going to be Keyboard Terrorists, that's just the way of the web. Don't respond or react to them, and they can't hurt you. :)

♪ ♫ Always look on the bright side of life...da dum, da dum, de dum de dum de dum. ♫ ♫here here well said totally agree

Leanne
29-May-10, 13:59
There's always facebook. You only have to talk to friends then :)

wicker8
29-May-10, 17:12
There's always facebook. You only have to talk to friends then :)thats true leanne very true

Tubthumper
29-May-10, 20:16
Huh? Care to expound?
It was an attempted joke, emphatically NOT an attempt at bullying, certainly not a genuine attempt at having a dig.
I am sure as many bags get nicked in Thurso as in Wick.

ducati
30-May-10, 07:11
I thought it was your headbag :eek:

God, the fall out on Week high street from the sudden appearence of your fisogue. Well it could mildly concern 2 or even 3 people (on a busy Saturday). :lol: