PDA

View Full Version : Good Deed For The Day

Kevin Milkins
28-May-10, 15:16
We had a very nice walk out to Holborn Head yesterday afternoon, the weather was fine for walking and a clear view of the Orkney Islands and Dunnet head.

We came across a ewe that was doing a very good impression of a dying flying and judging by the dung under her tail, she had been down a while.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0359.jpg?t=1275055244

Mr's M, went to the rescue and turned it over and held on to it for a few minutes before letting it go, (they become disorientated).

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0360.jpg?t=1275055720

It was such a pleasing site to see it run off and join the rest of the flock and it made me think how long it would have been before the black backs that were circling had made an attempt on her?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0361.jpg?t=1275055969

mrlennie
28-May-10, 15:19
Well done, what happens if you let them go when they are disorientated?

Sandra_B
28-May-10, 15:21
They can go over on their backs again.

Kevin Milkins
28-May-10, 15:21
Well done, what happens if you let them go when they are disorientated?

They can panic and run into a fence, or fall and damage them self.:eek:
:(

sandyr1
28-May-10, 15:26
Had the same thing happen at Sarclet some time ago when checking graves with my Female Cousin, whilst back on holiday....She said that the holding down of a kicking ewe by a man for approx 4/5 minutes could be construed as perhaps bestiality if viewed from s distance...if you know what I mean...wink .....wink!

northener
28-May-10, 15:26
A Welshman interfering with sheeps...who'da guessed it?;):Razz

Kevin Milkins
28-May-10, 15:29
Had the same thing happen at Sarclet some time ago when checking graves with my Female Cousin, whilst back on holiday....She said that the holding down of a kicking ewe by a man for approx 4/5 minutes could be construed as perhaps bestiality if viewed from s distance...if you know what I mean...wink .....wink!

A Welshman interfering with sheeps...who'da guessed it?;):Razz

That's why I insisted Mr's M, went to the rescue. LOL:lol:

Invisible
28-May-10, 16:15
Ok a sheep in need of help, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait! let me get the camera out first then you can save it.

Liz
28-May-10, 18:12
Well done to Mrs M!!:D

We had quite a time last year when out for walks as had to rescue quite a few lambs who had got their heads firmly stuck in fences;one who had got out of the field and became poorly since it couldn't get fed by Mum and snuggle up to stay warm and also rescue a couple of ewes who had fallen on to their backs.
Thankfully, the field we pass is being used to grow tatties and some other crops this year.:lol:

Liz
28-May-10, 18:14
Ok a sheep in need of help, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait! let me get the camera out first then you can save it.

Cheeky! Mrs M was on her way to rescue it whilst Mr M was filming.:D

stewart4364
28-May-10, 18:23
If a sheep goes over on her back she is, unfortunately, not able to right herself. She has to be helped over and back on her feet -- hold on to her, if possible, to allow her to get her bearings and recover from her ordeal. I do not know how they manage to get on their back in the first place and why they cannot right themselves. Maybe some orger can enlighten us with an answer.

Invisible
28-May-10, 18:27
If a sheep goes over on her back she is, unfortunately, not able to right herself. She has to be helped over and back on her feet -- hold on to her, if possible, to allow her to get her bearings and recover from her ordeal. I do not know how they manage to get on their back in the first place and why they cannot right themselves. Maybe some orger can enlighten us with an answer.

Just lying on their side and pushing their legs to get up and then pushing too far

Bazeye
28-May-10, 20:29
We had a very nice walk out to Holborn Head yesterday afternoon, the weather was fine for walking and a clear view of the Orkney Islands and Dunnet head.

We came across a ewe that was doing a very good impression of a dying flying and judging by the dung under her tail, she had been down a while.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0359.jpg?t=1275055244

Mr's M, went to the rescue and turned it over and held on to it for a few minutes before letting it go, (they become disorientated).

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0360.jpg?t=1275055720

It was such a pleasing site to see it run off and join the rest of the flock and it made me think how long it would have been before the black backs that were circling had made an attempt on her?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0361.jpg?t=1275055969
Have a word with your Mrs.She could have wiped its erse first.

Blarney
29-May-10, 00:26
That's why I insisted Mr's M, went to the rescue. LOL:lol:
Ach, tell the truth Kevin, you were petrified that the sheep would recognise you at close quarters[lol]

Dog-eared
29-May-10, 00:57
pic No 2 looks like she was holding the sheep for you.......:lol:

Good one Kev.:) I've seen a few like that myself that I helped up, and one with no eyes.

Margaret M.
29-May-10, 02:42
Nice job, Mrs. M! Major design flaw, sheep are really quite helpless.

northener
29-May-10, 08:32

It always seems to happen in good weather. I believe the sheep decide to grab a few beers and do a bit of sunbathing.

Eight bottles of Black Sheep later they are completely hammered and can't get up. They're not disorientated when they stagger off...they're pished.