PDA

View Full Version : Get to the point

Mystical Potato Head
26-May-10, 23:09
Taken from Burnside.
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/GettothePointflickr.jpg

Gronnuck
27-May-10, 08:09
:eek: IMHO a moody picture, perhaps anger and mild depression or, "I want to be alone," or even, "I don't want to go there," wherever there is. Yet in colour it could be firey and exciting, encouraging me to, "Go on get out there!"

OK perhaps I'm talking twaddle; but much of MPH's pictures reflect the art in photography and invite subjective interpretation. Photographs can be so much more than just a snapshot of a place at a particular time.

I think I better take my medicine now.;)

wifie
27-May-10, 10:42
Hmmmm gronnuck! I get moody but I get tranquil from the water and a hint of excitement from the sky! I agree with you tho that MPH is yer man for painting with photographs! :)

dafi
27-May-10, 10:58
I like it.....we should have a B/W thread.

wifie
27-May-10, 11:05
I think we did somewhere :confused

Mystical Potato Head
27-May-10, 23:31
:eek: IMHO a moody picture, perhaps anger and mild depression or, "I want to be alone," or even, "I don't want to go there," wherever there is. Yet in colour it could be firey and exciting, encouraging me to, "Go on get out there!"

OK perhaps I'm talking twaddle; but much of MPH's pictures reflect the art in photography and invite subjective interpretation. Photographs can be so much more than just a snapshot of a place at a particular time.

I think I better take my medicine now.;)

Cheers Gronnuck....art in photography is something that causes a bit of debate but i dont think an image has to be an exact copy of the scene you photographed,its a bit like oil paintings,some do it in almost photographic detail whilst others use pallet knives and large brush strokes to create their paintings,both have their own merits,bet you cant guess which style i used to do oil paintings in. :lol:

dragonfly
29-May-10, 21:47
As Gronnuck says.......very moody and atmospheric