PDA

View Full Version : Scam?

Angel Eyes
26-May-10, 21:49
I received an email today seemingly from "Natwest Online Banking" saying they have suspended my online service due to service violation, and to click on the link to access account within 24 hours to have it verified? I dont have an account with them or have ever applied for an account. My mum got the same email obviously this is some kind of scam to get people to put in their bank details, has anyone else received this email?:confused

NorthernValeting
26-May-10, 22:04
Yeah I've had quite a few with HSBC, they always get put to my junk folder so must be a scam somehwere

northener
26-May-10, 22:08
Scam.

There's loads floating about. Never click on the link or attempt to reply. If you do happen to have an account with the bank the scammers are referring to, simply go online via the 'official' website and report the scammers.

Kodiak
26-May-10, 22:26
LOL I get several e-mails like this a Day, Sometimes they say they are Nat West, Royal Bank of Canada, CitiBank, RBS OnLine Banking ETC ETC.

They are just Spam and I just trash them and put a block on their IP.

Angel Eyes
26-May-10, 22:28
thanks, will just delete :lol:

Beat Bug
27-May-10, 00:55
Best not to even open them. Opening them verifies to the spammers that your email is a genuine one

sandyr1
27-May-10, 02:41
These e-mails are all over the World....but people still fall for it....

Metalattakk
27-May-10, 04:23
Best not to even open them. Opening them verifies to the spammers that your email is a genuine one

That's not quite true. By the time the email hasn't been rejected by your mail server (i.e., the domain is valid, and the mailbox actually exists) then they know that you've received it. Before you even open the email, they know all that.

Not that the spammers care too much. They're happy to send their billions of spam mails every day regardless of whether they actually reach a valid, active destination or not.

Leanne
27-May-10, 10:18
If you use hotmail you can 'mark as phishing' and leave it to hotmail to deal with it. I'm sure other online email clients will have the same facility.

horseman
27-May-10, 15:01
Ye Gods an little fishes,---if a body has not enough sence to suss that--!Then you deservive all that comes your way.:mad:

nightspirit
27-May-10, 22:09
These have been floating around for the last 3 years or so just tag thewm as spam in they go right into the B1n file