PDA

View Full Version : Council van drivers using mobile phones.

Mik.M.
26-May-10, 21:27
Having been back at work now for a few weeks I cannot help but notice the number of council van drivers using mobiles whilst driving.Are they exempt from the law? Mik.

Kodiak
26-May-10, 22:35
Take the Reg Number and report it to the council first and if necessary the police.

Bazeye
26-May-10, 22:38
Or better still, while youre driving along, film them on your mobile.

sweetpea
26-May-10, 22:44
Having been back at work now for a few weeks I cannot help but notice the number of council van drivers using mobiles whilst driving.Are they exempt from the law? Mik.

I think you know the answer to that...
;)

davie
26-May-10, 22:45
Or better still, while youre driving along, film them on your mobile.

Can you do that in Barrow [lol]..

I quite often meet a Council "Transistor" type van with a blonde woman driver on the A836 and she is invariably really flying plus the phone clamped to her lug.

gillsbay
26-May-10, 23:43
don't think they are any worse than the private motorists/other company vehicle drivers/lorry drivers or even those who just stop at very inconvenient points on the road as it is illegal to drive whilst using a mobile

rogermellie
26-May-10, 23:57
don't think they are any worse than the private motorists/other company vehicle drivers/lorry drivers or even those who just stop at very inconvenient points on the road as it is illegal to drive whilst using a mobile

agreed, but invariably the council worker will be using a work phone paid for by ....

northener
27-May-10, 00:00
It's not half as bad as bus drivers who block the road whilst having a good old gossip with taxi drivers, is it Mik?;):Razz

Mik.M.
27-May-10, 08:55
It's not half as bad as bus drivers who block the road whilst having a good old gossip with taxi drivers, is it Mik?;):Razz
Don`t know what your on about,mate.
ps,how`s "cooking fat"?Mik.

nightspirit
27-May-10, 22:14
Right 1stly get their numbers and report them to the council - it is down right illegal for 1 thing and secondly a bad exapmle . I work for the local council down here where i live and on ocasion hav eto drive a van if any of us get caught doing this we are instantly reported and 9 time out of 10 sacked as this is classed as gross miscinduct. It is edangerous and wether the phone call is businesss related or not there is no escuse . Report them to the council immediatly spotted. But before i get burned for stating this if you are driving plkease pull over and stop safly before calling on your mobiles...

series2A
28-May-10, 17:27
Gillsbay has a point, there seems to be a sudden increase in people flicking on their nearside indicator and simply stopping with no concern to there position in the road, on blind bends, half on and off the road and clamp their phone to their ear.
This only used to be a problem during the tourist season, when seeing a blade of grass slam the brakes on jump out with their cameras.
Funny how you try to get rid of one problem and end up with more.

ducati
28-May-10, 21:05
Gillsbay has a point, there seems to be a sudden increase in people flicking on their nearside indicator and simply stopping with no concern to there position in the road, on blind bends, half on and off the road and clamp their phone to their ear.
This only used to be a problem during the tourist season, when seeing a blade of grass slam the brakes on jump out with their cameras.
Funny how you try to get rid of one problem and end up with more.

Don't worry series2A, you won't be going fast enough to be behind anyone [lol]