PDA

View Full Version : The Postal Service

sandyr1
26-May-10, 14:57
I have been reading about the UK Postal Service(The Royal Mail) being partially privatized, and it is with interest that on our side the news is that our Canada Head Postie, Moya Greene, is on the short list for the CEO's job with the UK!
She sure slashed and burned here....beware!

sandyr1
26-May-10, 16:36
Forgive me.....
I nearly forgot...We must have the worst Postal System.......supposed to be 5 days a week/ not so! And 'stuff' missing. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shabbychic
26-May-10, 16:46
I have the feeling that this will only make things worse for areas like Caithness and Sutherland. Many couriers already exploit us up here, and no doubt the new postal service will hike their prices, as after all, privatisation means profits for shareholders first and foremost. :(

Kodiak
26-May-10, 17:46
I think that the CWU will resist the injection of Private Cash into the Royal Mail. As far as I am concerned the Royal Mail should never be Privatised.

Anfield
27-May-10, 16:05
I have been reading about the UK Postal Service(The Royal Mail) being partially privatized, and it is with interest that on our side the news is that our Canada Head Postie, Moya Greene, is on the short list for the CEO's job with the UK!
She sure slashed and burned here....beware!

Sandy, she got the job.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10175621.stm

Apart form looking like a Hilary Clinton clone, anything else you can tell us about her.