PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable Garden Tools

David Banks
26-May-10, 02:31
Got a rechargeable rotary lawn mower a couple of years ago. At my grandad pace, it could not complete the front and back yards on one charge. Avoiding frustration, I 'learned' to do the grass over two days with an overnight charge in between
Now the charger has quit. Rats!

Got a rechargeable 'whipper-snipper-thingy' aka edge trimmer last year. It doesnt have the guts to do more than a quarter of the required job.

I'm thinking that rechargeable products have a long way to go before I will be "shamed" by the tree-huggers into buying another one.

Anyone else pissed-off, or was I the only 'sucker' ?

buddyrich
26-May-10, 02:43
Petrol all the way. Gets the job done in a reliable, fun and noisy way. And the fumes smell nice.

theone
26-May-10, 06:41
Why would the tree huggers 'shame' you into buying rechargeable tools?

For the same power outputs they are normally always less efficient than mains powered ones.

David Banks
26-May-10, 08:15
These days, "everybody" wants to reduce emissions from mowers and other small motor driven tools - for the sake of the environment which is pretty good here in Nova Scotia.

I guess this is another tale from Gullable's travels.

David Banks
26-May-10, 08:19
I wish the Harley Davidson bunch would 'get the message' - not only do they unnecessarily pollute the atmosphere, but the noise pollution is even worse. These are nothing more than badly designed outsize boy toys in my view!

Boozeburglar
26-May-10, 10:49
Yet the majority of HD riders don't cover a huge mileage on them every year, so I don't think they are all that bad.

The presence of such a cool brand surely encourages more into biking as a whole, and that must be environmentally beneficial as bikes are on average less polluting than cars.

Besides, do you want to approach a group of Harley riders and suggest they are just riding some boys toys? Thinking about it, you might as well they are mainly polite and respectable members of society these days. That is a shame.