PDA

View Full Version : Hip Parade Hit Thurso

zebedy
25-May-10, 21:06
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/Hip-Paradecopy.jpg

The Pepsi Challenge
26-May-10, 00:05
Good grief. It's a sad day when you're touting yourself as a runner-up on your posters to attract attention. That said, I hope all concerned rock and pull in a good, healthy sized crowd.

fingalmacool
26-May-10, 00:29
[quote=The Pepsi Challenge;712365]Good grief. It's a sad day when you're touting yourself as a runner-up on your posters to attract attention.

Kettle pot me old china, now granted Little feet were kicking ass 30 years ago, but I seem to remember that you were touting that you were supporting them, so lighten up:confused

Have you had The Pepsic Hallenge:confused

buddyrich
26-May-10, 00:51
Maybe it's the specific use of runner up that he was pointing out. There is something of Jerry Seinfelds "of all the losers, you were the best!" about it which is totally unfair having not heard the band. Might have been better to have Finalists on it. Good they're coming up though. Maybe some day soon I'll have a free evening and get to one of these gigs.

The Pepsi Challenge
26-May-10, 03:06
Which one are you related to, Fing'r?

As Buddy rightly observed, I was indeed referring to the "Runners up" 'bit'. Can certainly have no beef to the mentioning of who they've been supporting - wise move when trying to appeal to as many potential new fans as possible - but the whole we-got-second-prize thang is unnecessary and off-putting.

It's not all bad, though, as there's every likelihood this thread will be top of the page for the next few days or so once the regulars get logged on.

Jeid
26-May-10, 06:24
Come on Pepsi, this is Thurso, any mention of anything to help get people through the door.

Why overreact and have a go? ;)

buddyrich
26-May-10, 19:00
"Well, it's not like it used to be."-Robbie Robertson.

zebedy
28-May-10, 16:40
Played with the Hip lads in Inverness last night. Great band who are really looking forward to see what Thurso is like. Fingers crossed we give em a good night.

chimo
28-May-10, 18:13
The band didn't make the poster, it's was put together by whoever is putting the gig on. They sent their own one up but the other one was already on display, such is life!