PDA

View Full Version : Gran Canarias

Fran
24-May-10, 02:20
Has anyone been here at the start of December, is it very hot at that time of year?
Did anyone use a thompsons hotel here?
Would appreciate any info thankyou

LMS
24-May-10, 09:21
Been to Canaries in January several times. Lanzarote a breezy but Tenerife was fine.

shamrock2007
24-May-10, 13:16
Been to Tenerife in December & January, it was hot but not to hot. About 26 - 28 c. Have never used Thompsons.

burstbucker
24-May-10, 14:00
Be carefull using Thomsons, their web prices can be high one week and a lot lower the next.

Raonaid
24-May-10, 17:57
We went just a couple of days after Christmas and I thought the temperature was just right the breeze kept it from being too warm between 21 and 26 degrees. We went to Fuerteventura and would definitely go back I went swimming in the sea but the hubby did'nt he paddled with the wee one. We booked at the travel agent in Thurso. They were great because we'd been left high and dry by Globespan and they sorted it all out. It was'nt the cheapest but school holiday time never is. Go with travel agent to get a good deal.

Lucy
24-May-10, 20:24
Hi Fran

we're just back from Ibiza and booked with Thomsons. the hotel, food, location etc was all brilliant. we went to local travel agents and asked them to see what they could find for us. we got a deal about 1/2 the brochure price. flew from Gatwick and even with the cost of flights from Inverness we were still cheaper and had only the 2hr drive home instead of 61/2 from Glasgow. i will definately go and see the girls at Arcade travel next time i can afford a holiday.

gav1
24-May-10, 21:06
hi i have been to gran canaria twice at newyear and temp has been around the 20s and was in tenereife last newyear just past and was about 23 it felt really hot as when we left it was -20 lol

givemecandy
24-May-10, 21:18
Did visit there once in late november I remember it being in the middle 20's. However, my mistake was to wander along the mas palomas sand dunes (southern area) without a large amount of cool pop, jings, I nearly keeled over. Beautiful though.:lol:

edayhouse
25-May-10, 09:45
I have been in Tenerife over winter time and it is a lovely temperature.

I agree with others def go to Arcade Travel as after having lots of bad experiences booking online etc they really will help you to sort any problems out and i have also found them to get me cheaper deals than some online hols i have seen.

Enjoy

Fran
25-May-10, 10:23
Thank you all for your helpful replies...i am off to Arcade Travel.