PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

Buttercup
12-Jun-06, 23:24
Anyone know how you're supposed to get rid off rubbish from DIY - old kitchen cupboards etc? Been told that the council won't collect that sort of thing now as you've to take it yourself to dump/recycle centre. But what if you've no transport?:(

Bulldog
12-Jun-06, 23:28
Could always hire a small skip or ask around if any mates could take it for you for a few beers.

melted_wellie
12-Jun-06, 23:40
put it in an open backed truck or trailer,park at bottom of nicolson st, nip into corner shop for pint of milk,and hey presto!! all gone.

ice box
12-Jun-06, 23:41
Anyone know how you're supposed to get rid off rubbish from DIY - old kitchen cupboards etc? Been told that the council won't collect that sort of thing now as you've to take it yourself to dump/recycle centre. But what if you've no transport?:(
The council should take it thats what you pay your taxes for .

Chillie
12-Jun-06, 23:43
Could always hire a small skip or ask around if any mates could take it for you for a few beers.

Typical, give it out to tender for a few beer's, oh yes I forgot Bulldog does support the English lager / beer swilling culture.:mad:

Buttercup, you can phone up the local area service point and ask for an up-lifit , but you must tell them exactly what you have to uplift, if not they will leave the item's not on their list behind, hope this helps.:D

melted_wellie
12-Jun-06, 23:47
yes do as chillie rightly says but add an extra item to the list,something like.."28 inch flat screen colour tv,no plug". And that way your guaranteed they will be runnin down your garden path at 8 in the mornin.

Bulldog
12-Jun-06, 23:50
[quote=Chillie]Typical, give it out to tender for a few beer's, oh yes I forgot Bulldog does support the English lager / beer swilling culture.:mad:

Oh really? I'm not known for being tight - anyone who did me a favour I would be more than willing to buy them a drink although I'm teetotal myself! Get your head round the fact I support a cracking football side, something you seem to be lacking!

melted_wellie
12-Jun-06, 23:53
[quote=Chillie]Typical, give it out to tender for a few beer's, oh yes I forgot Bulldog does support the English lager / beer swilling culture.:mad:

Oh really? I'm not known for being tight - anyone who did me a favour I would be more than willing to buy them a drink although I'm teetotal myself! Get your head round the fact I support a cracking football side, something you seem to be lacking!aye and the cracks will show on thursday night.....come on trinidad and tobago.........

Moira
12-Jun-06, 23:59

Buttercup - it's not clear from your post who told you " the council won't collect that sort of thing now".

As Chillie says - phone your local Service Point :-
Wick - 01955 607719; Thurso - 01847 805500 & ask for a special uplift. I used this service a while back myself. The only embarrassing thing was that when the council truck arrived to uplift my discarded furniture, it had disappeared! Borne off in the darkness of night by goodness knows who - the binmen didn't complain & I never heard back from the Service Point either - I guess this must be something which happens quite regularly! :roll:

ice box
13-Jun-06, 00:01

Oh really? I'm not known for being tight - anyone who did me a favour I would be more than willing to buy them a drink although I'm teetotal myself! Get your head round the fact I support a cracking football side, something you seem to be lacking!What team would that be ?

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:01
[quote=Bulldog]aye and the cracks will show on thursday night.....come on trinidad and tobago.........

T & T played well Saturday, but I'm certain we'll get another three points on Thursday - Again!
How has this thread got onto footy again?
Sorry Buttercup:~(

ice box
13-Jun-06, 00:03
[quote=BeJaye]

T & T played well Saturday, but I'm certain we'll get another three points on Thursday - Again!
How has this thread got onto footy again?
Sorry Buttercup:~(Coz you brought it up .

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:05
[quote=Bulldog]Coz you brought it up .
Try reading the thread again - it was not me - I hate to keep talking about the England and make you all sad -

You gotta be in it to win it:Razz

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 00:05
bulldog......you should get on the lager mate, the tea is takin its toll on ye.

http://www.#################################.com/images2/braindog.jpg

Chillie
13-Jun-06, 00:07

Oh really? I'm not known for being tight - anyone who did me a favour I would be more than willing to buy them a drink although I'm teetotal myself! Get your head round the fact I support a cracking football side, something you seem to be lacking!

Never said you were tight, don't care if you are teetotal (up to you), only thing cracking is you,what biting the nails , ripping the hair out hopeing that Trinadad and Tabago score an own goal to let the English through again[lol]

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 00:10
bulldog......you should get on the lager mate, the tea is takin its toll on ye.

http://www.#################################.com/images2/braindog.jpgwhats the script here?????????

ice box
13-Jun-06, 00:13
[quote=ice box]
Try reading the thread again - it was not me - I hate to keep talking about the England and make you all sad -

You gotta be in it to win it:RazzCould'nt give a dam about England mate but it will be good watching you's out get kicked out though :lol:

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:15
[quote=Bulldog]

Never said you were tight, don't care if you are teetotal (up to you), only thing cracking is you,what biting the nails , ripping the hair out hopeing that Trinadad and Tabago score an own goal to let the English through again[lol]
Chillie I'm not cracking although you lot are cracking me up in fits of laughter! Roll on Thursday - I'll be celebrating with my cup of tea, winding you lot up on here - yet again!
Bring it on!

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 00:17
[quote=Chillie]
Chillie I'm not cracking although you lot are cracking me up in fits of laughter! Roll on Thursday - I'll be celebrating with my cup of tea, winding you lot up on here - yet again!
Bring it on!celebratin with a cup o tea????? new years round yer house must be a riot.

changilass
13-Jun-06, 00:19
[quote=Chillie]
Bring it on!

That's the type of attitude that makes a lot of folk support any team you are playing against

Chillie
13-Jun-06, 00:20
[quote=ice box]
Try reading the thread again - it was not me - I hate to keep talking about the England and make you all sad - You gotta be in it to win it

Now I know where you get the name from:http://www.churchill.com/images/topDog.gif (http://www.churchill.com/dog/noddingdogs.htm?linkType=link1001)

England to win: OH NO

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:21
[quote=Bulldog]

That's the type of attitude that makes a lot of folk support any team you are playing against

And? Your point is?

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:23
[quote=Bulldog]

Now I know where you get the name from:http://www.churchill.com/images/topDog.gif (http://www.churchill.com/dog/noddingdogs.htm?linkType=link1001)

England to win: OH NO

It was a secret, you found me out!

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 00:26

Chillie
13-Jun-06, 00:28
[quote=Chillie]

It was a secret, you found me out!

Too true, and all that is misssing now is the drivile and slevers dripping out of my laptop from your, Oh No [disgust]

pedromcgrory
13-Jun-06, 00:29
if ur in thurso i think theres a skip weekly at riverside beside ellen bridge

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:31
[quote=Bulldog]

Too true, and all that is misssing now is the drivile and slevers dripping out of my laptop from your, Oh No [disgust]

Yep that is true - trying to clean your laptop out with all your drivel!:Razz

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 00:33
if ur in thurso i think theres a skip weekly at riverside beside ellen bridgeemptied every other night by pedro and his kinfolk.

willowbankbear
13-Jun-06, 08:46
[quote=Bulldog]celebratin with a cup o tea????? new years round yer house must be a riot.

Thats classic posting Bejaye[lol] What did ye go & get yerself jailed for?