PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Lights

Corsastu
23-May-10, 20:40
Anyone elses lights been flickering on and off since yesterday?

Ours in Wick are and so are family in Haster!

astro-kid
23-May-10, 20:50
i would watch that carefully maybe the vampires from PORTGOWER are coming . Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!

bullielove
23-May-10, 21:03

I thought it was just us - we have been noticing it flickering since last night

Alice in Blunderland
23-May-10, 21:05
Same in our house in Sarclet. :confused

Venture
23-May-10, 21:06

Yes mine are the same. It stops every now and again. Really annoying.[disgust]

Macwull
23-May-10, 21:06
We've had the same, last night and today. We phoned the hydro and they informed us there have been slight dips in the power and the are currently monitoring it.

shamrock2007
23-May-10, 21:13
Yip ours have been the same since last nite

octane
23-May-10, 22:02
was same here too....i googled it and it sounded pretty serious until I found out others we having same probs.

I phoned Hydro emergency number and they are aware that theres a problem externally of our home. She did say to turn off any critical equipment such as pc's etc and they would phone back with an update once its fixed.

BTW this was last night i phoned....I said they didnt have to phone back...it takes as longs at it takes for them to fix it. Im running surge protectors so hopefully I'll be ok..

NLP
23-May-10, 22:05
I did notice this yesterday but only in the bedroom, not noticed any today

brandy
23-May-10, 22:35
a couple of nights ago i noticed it.. stayed up really late and the lights would dip and flicker every few min. was kinda worried about going to bed as i was thinking.. crud faulty wire somewhere so not safe!

Tinkerbell09
24-May-10, 12:28
Same here, it was only happening in our lobbys, bathrooms and kitchen though, everwhere else was fine.

Even Chance
24-May-10, 13:20
Our house was the same.
You will only see the old style filiment lamps flickering, not the new energy savers or flourescents.
I put a DMM onto the mains and saw it alternating between 250-255 volts AC. It is supposed to be 230VAC nowadays, plus 10% minus 6%. This is why the filament lamps were flickering.
I called Hydro on Saturday evening and they told me to unplug tellys etc, which I had already done beforehand to prevent damage. Lights etc are ok though.
I dont know if it has been rectified as yet.