PDA

View Full Version : The High Priests of Globalisation - Bilderberg

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 14:30
I notice an MP and a few other higher uppers from UK on the list of the Bilderberg group ever secretive off record conference in Ottawa Canada this past weekend.

+Edward Balls, Economic Secretary to the Treasury

+John Browne, Group Chief Executive - British Petroleum plc.

+Kenneth Clarke, MP

+Anatole Kaletsky, Editor at Large - The Times

+John Kerr of Kinlochard, Deputy Chairman - Royal Dutch Shell plc.

+George Osborne, Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer

+Martin H Wolf, Associate Editor and Economics Commentator, The Financial Times

Shalom
12-Jun-06, 15:08
Shady, underhand deals....where did you read this, please? Was there any more info?

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 15:24
loads more... that you won't find on the BBC of course...

the full list of attendees...

http://www.infowars.com/images2/nwo/bilderberg/bbg_list_page_02.jpghttp://www.infowars.com/images2/nwo/bilderberg/bbg_list_page_03.jpg

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 15:25
more to the list... excuse me for posting the images... important information...

http://www.infowars.com/images2/nwo/bilderberg/bbg_list_page_04.jpghttp://www.infowars.com/images2/nwo/bilderberg/bbg_list_page_05.jpg

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 15:26
last one of the full list.

http://www.infowars.com/images2/nwo/bilderberg/bbg_list_page_06.jpg

kissinger and rockefeller.. no surprises there... but, no blair this year notably.

JAWS
12-Jun-06, 16:05
How very interesting. Have you got any copies of the Telephone Directory for Much Binding in the Marsh?

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 19:53
no but, if I did.. i would find it hundreds times more interesting than the world cup?

JAWS
12-Jun-06, 20:49
World Cup? What have they been Globalising now? :confused

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 21:03
well... let's see.. globalisation, w-o-r-l-d cup... is a psyop... football is a psyop... the point of the thread is to divert attention to important issues rather than some foul football games. just as the World Cup itself is neatly scheduled in with Bilderberg to keep attention at the World Cup and keeping all attention away from the Bilderberg group & their nefarious goings on....i'm trying to do vice versa. as you can see... not alot of people are interested in discussing Bilderberg, maybe some people don't know what it is... so, it's just a starting point. and maybe there are people out there who are interested in opening their eyes and tracking their slavemasters rather than opening a tin and wagging tongues about utter irrelevant crap that's corrupt and fixed anyway?

JAWS
12-Jun-06, 22:00
I'm even more confused now. I never realised that the World Cup was really a cover so I didn't notice what my Slavemasters were up to.
What other Sporting Events do they control in order to divert attention from themselves?

Oh, and seeing you seem to have all the inside info on the Corrupt World Cup, please do tell, who's going to win the stupid thing so we poor down-trodden slaves can trot off to the Bookies and make our fortunes from the Capitalist, Imperialist Pigs.

Help the poor downtrodden masses strike back and make some money from the Rich Bookies.

And can you arrange for "Free beer for all the Workers!" whilst you are at it so we can bankrupt the Brewers and Distillers as well!

Did nobody tell these devious World Dominators that the World Cup didn't start until the day after their Meeting, that wasn't very bright of them was it?
Mind you, they did arrange for the British Grand Prix to be moved forward a month so it happened on the same weekend.

I've not got round to worrying about all the latest groups intent on World domination, I'm still busy looking for "Reds under the Bed."
I have got over finding out that Father Christmas didn't exist, but that was only because my grand-children were cruel enough to tell me. :~(

willowbankbear
12-Jun-06, 22:15
I'm even more confused now. I never realised that the World Cup was really a cover so I didn't notice what my Slavemasters were up to.
What other Sporting Events do they control in order to divert attention from themselves?

Oh, and seeing you seem to have all the inside info on the Corrupt World Cup, please do tell, who's going to win the stupid thing so we poor down-trodden slaves can trot off to the Bookies and make our fortunes from the Capitalist, Imperialist Pigs.

Help the poor downtrodden masses strike back and make some money from the Rich Bookies.

And can you arrange for "Free beer for all the Workers!" whilst you are at it so we can bankrupt the Brewers and Distillers as well!

Did nobody tell these devious World Dominators that the World Cup didn't start until the day after their Meeting, that wasn't very bright of them was it?
Mind you, they did arrange for the British Grand Prix to be moved forward a month so it happened on the same weekend.

I've not got round to worrying about all the latest groups intent on World domination, I'm still busy looking for "Reds under the Bed."
I have got over finding out that Father Christmas didn't exist, but that was only because my grand-children were cruel enough to tell me. :~(

Nice 1 Jaws, pmsl[lol]

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 22:23
and one wouldn't be surprised if you were confused amongst all yer pontificating and patronising sarcasm about absolutely nada.

Can you split some more hairs? World cup is a tiny example of aligned agendas... if you think that the world cup is NOT fixed you're either brainwashed or brain dead. and what a sad life you must lead if you think money makes you "rich"!

Point of the thread is to discuss the bilderberg group and britains part to play in it if anyone would like to?!?

and aye... world dominators.... everyone on that list either controls &/or allows virtually everything you do now or has historically played a hand in manipulating the very shape of your day to day life, so get yer thumb out.

phoenix
12-Jun-06, 22:43
and one wouldn't be surprised if you were confused amongst all yer pontificating and patronising sarcasm about absolutely nada.

Can you split some more hairs? World cup is a tiny example of aligned agendas... if you think that the world cup is NOT fixed you're either brainwashed or brain dead. and what a sad life you must lead if you think money makes you "rich"!

Point of the thread is to discuss the bilderberg group and britains part to play in it if anyone would like to?!?

and aye... world dominators.... everyone on that list either controls &/or allows virtually everything you do now or has historically played a hand in manipulating the very shape of your day to day life, so get yer thumb out.

You been reading David Icke books jswahwah or something similar? I used to read them, ended up giving them away.:} They did my head in and made me worry about things I had absolutely no control over! Okay it makes you aware of the bigger picture and whats going on and you can then make decisions in your day to day life based on that knowledge but at the end of the day you are the one in control not the Bildeberg Group!

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 22:57
so, what your saying is that even tho you sold your david icke books you still believe and live by what he says then?

phoenix
12-Jun-06, 23:39
so, what your saying is that even tho you sold your david icke books you still believe and live by what he says then?

I didnt sell them I gave them away!:} Some of what he says I can go with a lot of what he says is way over my head. I dont live by what he says or believe all that he says, an awful lot of it is way over my head! I only took from it what feels okay the rest I discard!

sjwahwah
12-Jun-06, 23:53
oh, cause ain't that his philosophy? Infinate love is the only truth and everything else is an illusion so none of this crap matters?

well... it matters to me people are gettin' murdered around the globe and that they're murderin' us and my kids too! well.. enslavin' us for their own benefit and slowly murderin' us? so, I guess because I do happen to care about this rather than the world cup crap; I'm not a david icke follower.

are you telling me I should just sit about like a sheep, roll in the clover and everything will be peachy? i think yer attitude would be different if you were on the receiving end of a cruise missile. why wait till it happens? it will be too late then!

if you don't use money, don't work and pay taxes, don't live in a house with all the latest mod cons and don't travel and don't buy any of your food from a store or don't depend on any kind of health care or any services then yes, you're right! THEY don't control you!

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 00:04

You introduced the World Cup. The intention was so obvious I couldn't resist the temptation. You jumped right in.

Your comment, "maybe there are people out there who are interested in opening their eyes and tracking their slave masters rather than opening a tin and wagging tongues about utter irrelevant crap that's corrupt and fixed anyway?" says far more about your views than anything you have said to date.

You are obviously of the opinion that anybody who does not conform to you particular view of World Affairs can be nothing more than a Beer Swilling Moron glued to a Television watching grown men kick an air-filled bladder around a patch of grass. How nice it is to have you explain your opinion of, not only the members of this Forum, but of the intellect of the public in general.

If fretting about the fact that the whole world does not fall over itself to glean every innuendo from the latest Conspiracy Theory concerns you so much then so be it, that is fine by me.
That being said, I find your dismissal of the many members who are not in the least bit interested in the things which fascinate and concern you as being somewhat lacking in some way to be rather condescending towards them.

Apart from the Press Release and a long list of names from organisations and governments from all over the World you have said absolutely nothing to inform people about the group, it’s aims, it’s reason for being or why such a diverse group of people should be of the least bit of concern to anybody who isn’t looking for groups intent on World Domination either under the bed or behind every tree. (I won’t say bush, that would be too tempting for you)

And, just to set your mind at rest, I couldn’t care less about the World Cup, corrupt, fixed or otherwise. Yes I’ll join in a bit of banter over it but, just like Bilderberg, I won’t be losing any sleep over it.
I’m not sure, but I think I heard a noise under the bed. If it’s a Red (shirt worn by the 1966 England World Cup Winners) I’ll try not to mention it, there’s enough about such important things on the Telly at the moment.

phoenix
13-Jun-06, 00:37
oh, cause ain't that his philosophy? Infinate love is the only truth and everything else is an illusion so none of this crap matters?

well... it matters to me people are gettin' murdered around the globe and that they're murderin' us and my kids too! well.. enslavin' us for their own benefit and slowly murderin' us? so, I guess because I do happen to care about this rather than the world cup crap; I'm not a david icke follower.

are you telling me I should just sit about like a sheep, roll in the clover and everything will be peachy? i think yer attitude would be different if you were on the receiving end of a cruise missile. why wait till it happens? it will be too late then!

if you don't use money, don't work and pay taxes, don't live in a house with all the latest mod cons and don't travel and don't buy any of your food from a store or don't depend on any kind of health care or any services then yes, you're right! THEY don't control you!

I really dont care to be honest..........theres nothing I can do about what goes on out there, I have tried in the past much to my own detriment, I have no intentions of going there again. We do happen to live in a material world.........for the time being anyway!:}

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 04:30
no actually... really... am looking for views on this years Bilderberg Conference...as it has been shrouded in secrecy for so long I think it is worth discussing when the people who control everything we ingest, breathe, read, inject, drink and think get together (including people from our own gov) to discuss things off the record inae posh hotel in Canada. I could careless if you lose sleep over it.. obviously.. you're losing sleep oer somthing if your up at this hour! shalom asked for more info and I gave it! if you think I'm forming stereotyped opinions about you or anybody else you're off yer heid! who are you anyways, Mr. Metaphor? simple conclusions for simple minds?!?

world cup... all anyone is mostly talking about (not starting this weekend! two months ago!) which is precisely why I commented on it... there are OTHER events to talk about and do besides watch football and then endlessly speak about it as well?!? anyways your comment...."Beer Swilling Moron glued to a Television watching grown men kick an air-filled bladder around a patch of grass" you said it, I didn't. if I need YOU to explain my intentions or opinions I'll let ya ken. quite frankly, I like a pint AND i like sports of all kinds... but, i see & play sports as a leisure break for the mind & body, hell I've been to hampden once or twice but, it's not the central focus of my mind - it's ONLY leisure! and yea, I even know quite a bit about football certainly more than yourself if you think it's NOT corrupt and fixed at the least?!? Vladimir Romanov & Jambos... lithuanian banks?...bosnian factories?.. and I won't even start on the huns!... middle eastern teams gettin' their feet lashed for no playing well?! sectarianism? indoctrination of children into competiveness for our own selfseated wills and beliefs? away game imported prostitution slavery?!? Large business deals goin' bust cause McConnell wonnae submit to the english pride crap! naw... sick of hearin' how great the world cup & football is mate! and I don't support it in any form; the corruption involved at that level.

and... you jumped in!...you invite yourself to say something cheeky to someone who doesn't conform to YOUR views and now you've spent all evening telling me I don't like people who don't conform to my views....

from the looks of things... you post moot subjects or respond to relevance in provoking sarcasm dashed with your evident dissonance!... if you don't have a word to say about the bilderberg sitch... here's the big v baby!

"""and what a sad life you must lead if you think money makes you "rich"!"""" well... wheres the sarcasm.. waiting patiently whilst you toss & turn?!? and take toss anyway you want. annoyed.. yes! satisfied? anyways.. by your sig.. if your not an animal.. what are you? my... the arrogance suits you just fine then?! tsssss.

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 05:21
I really dont care to be honest..........theres nothing I can do about what goes on out there, I have tried in the past much to my own detriment, I have no intentions of going there again. We do happen to live in a material world.........for the time being anyway!:}
You must care if you've been reading david icke at some point.. you said you gave away (sorry) the books but, now you believe that you make your decisions.. not the bilderbergers... that is ickes philosophy.. precisely. so, you must have taken something away from it and your mind must have been tweakin' to even entertain his information as most people think he's a complete nutter?

of course there is something you can do about it..... if you've got kids.. that's yer driving force! and if you don't yer instincts tell you that indulgence is only satisfying if you are harming no other and helping others?!? the best we can do is inform eachother and not ignore what is really going on and understand and take on board what people are dying for all around the planet and see ourselves & families in the shoes of those who are?!

Shalom
13-Jun-06, 08:46
Thanks for the photos, sjwahwah......do you know a magazine called "This England"? There was a lot of info in that re some of these sinister goings on....I am no longer a subscriber but there were also some good books you could get via the mag. The Bilderberg group is certainly to be taken seriously.....thanks for posting!

fred
13-Jun-06, 09:51
That being said, I find your dismissal of the many members who are not in the least bit interested in the things which fascinate and concern you as being somewhat lacking in some way to be rather condescending towards them.

Well lets face it, someone who subscribes to a thread which doesn't interest them just to take the mickey out of people who are interested is certainly lacking in something.

There are a few facts you can't deny, one is that our world is controlled by a very few unelected people, the very few people who control around 95% of the wealth, the people who own both the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve control the governments and people of both Britain and America. They can make money plentiful, the banks will give loads of credit and everyone lives in the lap of luxury on their credit cards or they can restrict the money supply, the banks start calling in the debts and people start losing their homes.

Our elected governments have no control at all over the money supply, they are at the mercy of a very few very rich people and we don't even know who those people are.

dunderheed
13-Jun-06, 10:27
i'm not being condesending(sp?) here, but if the biderberg group are a secret organisation why then do they produce a list of who is attending their meetings and also why do they release a press statement after their conference.
oh and if they are a secret organisation why do they choose to meet in such public places as hotels?

next you'll be telling us that they are going to set up a new world order along with the masons and the illuminati:Razz

Gleber2
13-Jun-06, 12:23
next you'll be telling us that they are going to set up a new world order along with the masons and the illuminati:Razz

Many true words are spoken in jest!!!

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 12:40
Well lets face it, someone who subscribes to a thread which doesn't interest them just to take the mickey out of people who are interested is certainly lacking in something.

There are a few facts you can't deny, one is that our world is controlled by a very few unelected people, the very few people who control around 95% of the wealth, the people who own both the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve control the governments and people of both Britain and America. They can make money plentiful, the banks will give loads of credit and everyone lives in the lap of luxury on their credit cards or they can restrict the money supply, the banks start calling in the debts and people start losing their homes.

Our elected governments have no control at all over the money supply, they are at the mercy of a very few very rich people and we don't even know who those people are.
The point of my first post on this thread was that giving a list of people who have or have not attended a meeting with nothing more than a press release saying that such a group exists says absolutely nothing.

A Telephone Directory will give you a list of people who live in a certain area but would similarly tell you absolutely nothing about either the area or the people living there.

The rest of the comments were in response to a comment which introduced the World Cup into the thread and the assumption that anybody who anybody who is not wearing out their Worry Beads over Bilderberg is capable of nothing more than watching sport on TV whilst swilling down the contents of a Lager Can.

After my first post I have simply followed the direction into which it's originator took it.

My lack of fanatical concern, as with many other people, over Bilderberg does not mean that I am incapable of occupying my mind with anything which requires an IQ in excess of 10.
The fact that I along with many other people do not assume that any group which includes people from certain Countries is intent on enslaving the World does not mean that I, or they, are Political Imbeciles.

The fact that both you, sjwahwah and some others find such matters of the greatest concern does not mean I must do likewise.
You find the matter extremely worrying, I find the matter highly amusing. You are entitled to treat the matter in the way you view it, please allow me to treat it in mine.

Gleber2
13-Jun-06, 13:40
I wonder why the master of diatribe seems to have lost his teeth????[evil] :lol:

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 14:28
I wonder why the master of diatribe seems to have lost his teeth????[evil] :lol:
I wore my old set out and it would appear that there is currently a shortage of "Teeth with Bite” so the price is rather high.

I have started a Conspiracy Theory which involves the "Powers That Be" being in Secret Negotiations in order to force the price of new “Teeth with Bite” to quadruple over the next three months.
I can then have the fun of watching the Headless Hens rushing round searching furiously for new sets of Hen's Teeth with Bite.

The Headless Hens will create their own shortage which will make my Conspiracy Theory look like a piece of wisdom on my behalf. The Headless Hens will all rush to me and put me in charge of the World. After that the “Powers That Be” will then be confined to the "Dustbin of History" and the World will be Mine, All Mine!.

I will not tell you what I will be doing after that because some chap called Blair (Eric that is, not Tony) has already written the script for my future intentions.

phoenix
13-Jun-06, 15:31
You must care if you've been reading david icke at some point.. you said you gave away (sorry) the books but, now you believe that you make your decisions.. not the bilderbergers... that is ickes philosophy.. precisely. so, you must have taken something away from it and your mind must have been tweakin' to even entertain his information as most people think he's a complete nutter?

of course there is something you can do about it..... if you've got kids.. that's yer driving force! and if you don't yer instincts tell you that indulgence is only satisfying if you are harming no other and helping others?!? the best we can do is inform eachother and not ignore what is really going on and understand and take on board what people are dying for all around the planet and see ourselves & families in the shoes of those who are?!

I did say I took some of what he says on board, and I dont think hes a nutter at all.....there are a lot of nutters out there hes not one of them! Ive tried walking in other peoples shoes jswahwah and they dont fit at all, Ill stick to wearing my own, not that theyre very comfortable a lot of the time, I do and have done and am still doing my bit when I have to and am able to, other than that I try to Go with the Flow.......:)

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 15:34
Thanks for the photos, sjwahwah......do you know a magazine called "This England"? There was a lot of info in that re some of these sinister goings on....I am no longer a subscriber but there were also some good books you could get via the mag. The Bilderberg group is certainly to be taken seriously.....thanks for posting!
never heard of the magazine but, i am waiting for a book called "The Bilderberg Diaries" written by a American Free Press journalist Jim Tucker who has been trailing them for years and years and the book is a collection of documents and photos of past Bilderberg meetings... the only known such records of the meetings and I have heard a few interviews with him, sounds like it could be quite interesting....

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 15:49
i'm not being condesending(sp?) here, but if the biderberg group are a secret organisation why then do they produce a list of who is attending their meetings and also why do they release a press statement after their conference.
oh and if they are a secret organisation why do they choose to meet in such public places as hotels?

well.. then go to The times website and search bilderberg.. you'll find NOTHING.. go to The Financial Times and you'll find NOTHING... interesting considering two of their people were there and THEY do not find it newsworthy that the most powerful people in the world are meeting. go to the BBC and you will find propagandist poo-pooing editorials... go to the independent and you'll get obituaries.

Hotels are not the only places "they" meet and nobody knows where they will meet until a day or two before the meetings and nobody reports on it... find me a mainstream report or press release on it then please.. cause I'd love to read it.

if you want to speak about the masons start a thread cause actually I've got plenty to say on that too.

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 15:54
I wore my old set out and it would appear that there is currently a shortage of "Teeth with Bite” so the price is rather high.

I have started a Conspiracy Theory which involves the "Powers That Be" being in Secret Negotiations in order to force the price of new “Teeth with Bite” to quadruple over the next three months.
I can then have the fun of watching the Headless Hens rushing round searching furiously for new sets of Hen's Teeth with Bite.

The Headless Hens will create their own shortage which will make my Conspiracy Theory look like a piece of wisdom on my behalf. The Headless Hens will all rush to me and put me in charge of the World. After that the “Powers That Be” will then be confined to the "Dustbin of History" and the World will be Mine, All Mine!.

I will not tell you what I will be doing after that because some chap called Blair (Eric that is, not Tony) has already written the script for my future intentions.
Your conspiracy theory is almost as good as my Ribena Conspiracy. anyways... what IS with your fantasy of money taking all your problems away?

If you see similiarities between McKay A-S and the Bilderberg List good for you.

fred
13-Jun-06, 19:33
The point of my first post on this thread was that giving a list of people who have or have not attended a meeting with nothing more than a press release saying that such a group exists says absolutely nothing.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best thing to do, you should try it sometime.

The fact that both you, sjwahwah and some others find such matters of the greatest concern does not mean I must do likewise.
You find the matter extremely worrying, I find the matter highly amusing. You are entitled to treat the matter in the way you view it, please allow me to treat it in mine.

I didn't say I found the matter extremely worrying.

I am prepared to read the thread objectively and consider the evidence before forming any opinions though.

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 19:59
well.. then go to The times website and search bilderberg.. you'll find NOTHING.. go to The Financial Times and you'll find NOTHING... interesting considering two of their people were there and THEY do not find it newsworthy that the most powerful people in the world are meeting. go to the BBC and you will find propagandist poo-pooing editorials... go to the independent and you'll get obituaries.

Hotels are not the only places "they" meet and nobody knows where they will meet until a day or two before the meetings and nobody reports on it... find me a mainstream report or press release on it then please.. cause I'd love to read it.

if you want to speak about the masons start a thread cause actually I've got plenty to say on that too.
Dunderhead, just Google "Bilderberg", there's plenty there to go at. Yet another "Conspiracy of Silence" by the entire Media of every Country in the World. It would appear that there is not a Country or a Media Outlet that is not in on the Conspiracy of Silence.

Your conspiracy theory is almost as good as my Ribena Conspiracy. anyways... what IS with your fantasy of money taking all your problems away?

If you see similiarities between McKay A-S and the Bilderberg List good for you.Who on earth is McKay A-S? I am not intersted in Money solving all my problems I just want to jopin the rest of you in overthrowing the "Powers That Be" to save the World from them.
That way people will then put me and other like minded people in charge of the World.

I just wish to join the rest of all those who think the World would be a better place if things were run the way they would like it to be.

Am I not allowed to have an alternative point of view or am I also part of a secret Conspiracy to keep the Slavemasters in power?

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 20:12
aren't you missing the point. Why does someone need to be in charge?? there you go again... power.. money.. what's with you?

I want to live a free and peaceful existence. We don't need anyone "in charge"... I think people are well capable of guiding themselves through life without someone or a group of someones being in control.

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 20:55
Sometimes saying nothing is the best thing to do, you should try it sometime.

I didn't say I found the matter extremely worrying.

I am prepared to read the thread objectively and consider the evidence before forming any opinions though.I do try silence and on more occasions than you realise. Sometimes people are quite willing to dig their own graves without any outside help.

Some people, however, would prefer that anybody who sees things differently to them should just shut up and go away. Either that or they should be made to disappear and to disappear permanently.

I too am willing to hear both sides of a discussion. In the "Good Old Days when I were a lad", before everybody had TV, the steam radio died around midnight. Most radios had a short-wave band and that was far more un than any of the tripe you get today.
For amusement I used to listen to Voice of America and in order to ge both sides of any discussion I would give equal tome to Radio Moscow.
They were two of the best Comedy Stations ever invented and they had a far better line in Conspiracy Theories about people intent on World domination than any I have heard so far on here. Some of them were actually quiet believable.
I have never quite decided if it was the "Rampaging Reds" or the "Stinking Capitalist Pigs" who were "Yanking (no pun intended) my Chain".

One conclusion I did arrive at was that if either of them wished to expound ridiculous theories then I would feel obliged to assist them in their endeavours.

The implication often given is that, because of their ignorance or lack of knowledge, people cannot see a Conspiracy Theory is quite often erroneous.
More often than not, the reason that people find Conspiracy Theories quite amusing is because they can see straight through them and take them for what they are.

The idea that people's greed is not their fault but is thrust upon them by others says just how little you think of the intelligence of the general population. "I've spent more than I earn, it's the Bank's fault" is fine for people who are ducking their own responsibilities.

Nobody has yet provided one scrap of evidence that Bilderberg are conspiring to do anything by way of World or Financial Domination.

That the whole thing is nothing more than a secret organisation of Anglo Americans, Financiers and Industrialists bent on enslaving everybody is an absolute non-starter.

Unless, that is, the Iranians, the Chinese and many other Countries who have no love of any of the afore mentioned groups are also involved in keeping the whole Devious Conspiracy a secret.

I do look at both sides of the situation and can tell when I am being fed nothing but one sided propaganda.
Now where did I put my short wave radio, I've become quiet nostalgic for some believable Conspiracies, at least nobody ever tried to convince me the Chairman Mao, President Eisenhower and the Prime Minister were trying to rob my little piggy bank.

There is quite enough loaded information contained in the thread to see where certain people are coming from and also where they are aiming for.
Simply saying that those who do not agree with that view point should just be silent is not discussion it is indoctrination.

In view of the fact that the vast majority of people seem to be living in absolute ignorance of the what Bilderberg do, who they are, how is the membership decided, who runs it and many other interesting questions would somebody please like to give a reasonable explanation.
I've heard the glossy propaganda, I almost know it by heart. Now I wish to know some concrete facts and not just wishful speculation.

I'm sure there are many Orgers teetering on the edge of their seats in excited anticipation of the secret, inside info.

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 21:15
aren't you missing the point. Why does someone need to be in charge?? there you go again... power.. money.. what's with you?

I want to live a free and peaceful existence. We don't need anyone "in charge"... I think people are well capable of guiding themselves through life without someone or a group of someones being in control.
If you wish to believe that they are "in control" that is fine, you carry on believing it.

So far you have given no reason, other than the fact that Bilderberg is there, to explain why they are in charge other than an assertion that they are.

You say you do not want anybody to be in control. That is fair comment. Would you like to explain how society would run in that case.
Who would make laws? Who would provide for the needy? Who would stop gangs engaging in mob rule.

Simply to say that something need to be stopped is fine, but what then?
One we have made sure that there is nobody in charge, where do we go from there, or do we just let everybody fend for themselves?

Wishing for something, however reasonable that wish may be, is not going to create the situation. That you want to live a free and peaceful existence is great, I couldn't agree more, but how do you suggest that is achieved because it certainly won’t happen on it’s own.

phoenix
13-Jun-06, 21:27
never heard of the magazine but, i am waiting for a book called "The Bilderberg Diaries" written by a American Free Press journalist Jim Tucker who has been trailing them for years and years and the book is a collection of documents and photos of past Bilderberg meetings... the only known such records of the meetings and I have heard a few interviews with him, sounds like it could be quite interesting....

Has the guy Jim Tucker done a documentary on these "meetings" that the Bildeberg group holds? I recall watching one, it was interesting seeing some familiar faces there, and for some inexplicable reason they were not amused when they were spotted on camera! :roll:

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 22:00
just get on with it already! have you any further opinions on the matter? are you suggesting these people just get together for a backslap and martinis? And why should there ever be any threads discussing anything you don't agree with without you telling us about how much ahead of the game you are than everyone else, cause that's what you've turned the whole thing into... just get on with it then. I really want to hear your take on what is really going on then and what can be done about it!

and aye... i'll tell you a secret just for you jaws... it's called community... community has been redefined this past century and is a misnomer in most cases it is used now.

In a community... people take care of eachother because they genuinely respect each other.. they work together, trade together, socialise together and help each other anyway they possibly can. if there are problems they can be resolved democratically and locally. Nowadays... they think charity is giving people money...charity is love! If you have the ability to love all especially in your community there is no needy because there are people always looking out for you! Now neighbours point and snicker at your rusty car, complain to the council when you paint your house a funny colour, buy imported goods that they could've bought from the corner store cause they'll get it on the cheap & then try to sue you when they've come to your house and slipped on the pavement.

Has anyone ever been blessed with the gift of all the leccy and gas going off for several days? What a beautiful sight... neighbours coming out of their houses to speak with each other, some living next to each other for years but, haven't ever said much more than hello to them... pitching in to share and prepare food for the whole street...looking in on all the elderly neighbours to make sure they are doing allright...all getting together to handwash the whole streets kiddies clothes... lending neighbours linen and sundries.... it is an AMAZING thing to see.. the inherent nature of humans! that's my answer..... in short!

What's with all the need for laws? I wonder what happened to the days of people just using their head? I mean we've got laws that tell us we can not grow cannabis for example... THE most useful plant on the planet.... and the list could go on and on and on about all the daft laws we're ruled by!

sjwahwah
13-Jun-06, 22:02
Has the guy Jim Tucker done a documentary on these "meetings" that the Bildeberg group holds? I recall watching one, it was interesting seeing some familiar faces there, and for some inexplicable reason they were not amused when they were spotted on camera! :roll:

I suppose there is video of people trying to capture the members going in for meetings.. I've only seen photos... but, no, not exactly chuffed when they're getting their photos taken! :-)

fred
13-Jun-06, 22:47
I do try silence and on more occasions than you realise. Sometimes people are quite willing to dig their own graves without any outside help.

Some people, however, would prefer that anybody who sees things differently to them should just shut up and go away. Either that or they should be made to disappear and to disappear permanently.

Disapear in a CIA jet to a secret prison in Rumania? Or is that just another conspiracy theory, the American government has denied it happens often enough so I suppose it must be just the result of overactive imaginations. Apart from the solid evidence (http://www.sundayherald.com/56171) we now have that it is true that is.

How do you see things anyway? As far as I can tell you're comparing peoples fears that a group of influential Europeans and Americans are meeting in secret to conspire against the general public to a situation in the 50s and 60s when a group of influential Europeans and Americans conspired in secret to use propaganda so as to fool the public into thinking that the Soviet Union was a far greater threat than they were in an attempt to brand Socialism unpatriotic and use nationalist feelings to further their capitalist agenda.

JAWS
13-Jun-06, 23:45
just get on with it already! have you any further opinions on the matter? are you suggesting these people just get together for a backslap and martinis? And why should there ever be any threads discussing anything you don't agree with without you telling us about how much ahead of the game you are than everyone else, cause that's what you've turned the whole thing into... just get on with it then. I really want to hear your take on what is really going on then and what can be done about it!

and aye... i'll tell you a secret just for you jaws... it's called community... community has been redefined this past century and is a misnomer in most cases it is used now.

In a community... people take care of eachother because they genuinely respect each other.. they work together, trade together, socialise together and help each other anyway they possibly can. if there are problems they can be resolved democratically and locally. Nowadays... they think charity is giving people money...charity is love! If you have the ability to love all especially in your community there is no needy because there are people always looking out for you! Now neighbours point and snicker at your rusty car, complain to the council when you paint your house a funny colour, buy imported goods that they could've bought from the corner store cause they'll get it on the cheap & then try to sue you when they've come to your house and slipped on the pavement.

Has anyone ever been blessed with the gift of all the leccy and gas going off for several days? What a beautiful sight... neighbours coming out of their houses to speak with each other, some living next to each other for years but, haven't ever said much more than hello to them... pitching in to share and prepare food for the whole street...looking in on all the elderly neighbours to make sure they are doing allright...all getting together to handwash the whole streets kiddies clothes... lending neighbours linen and sundries.... it is an AMAZING thing to see.. the inherent nature of humans! that's my answer..... in short!

What's with all the need for laws? I wonder what happened to the days of people just using their head? I mean we've got laws that tell us we can not grow cannabis for example... THE most useful plant on the planet.... and the list could go on and on and on about all the daft laws we're ruled by!
What a wonderful picture you paint. Just when did all this happen because I certainly don't remember hearing of anybody describing such a wonderful time, no even from my Grandmother who was born about 130 years ago?
There might have been the odd occasion when neighbours all mucked in like that for a short period. It might work in small villages and rural communities but certainly not in anything larger.
The Utopia of days gone by is nothing more than a myth. Yes people could leave their doors unlocked because there was nothing there that anybody would find worth stealing. The Communal Hand washing of clothes was because the only place there was a good supply of hot water was at the local Wash House. Some of them even had baths so you could go there once a week or so for a bath. Areas where there were none of those then it was a tin bath in front of the fire once a week. Boil water in as many pots, pans and kettles as you could and fill the bath with hot water. First father, then mother and then the kids in descending order of age. If you were lucky there was some more water heated up to keep the bath warm when I was your turn. Then the bath was carried out and empted down a drain. Very conservation conscious it was, one lot of hot water did everybody. How would you like to be number six in the same bath water? Ah, the Good Old Days when everything was shared. Oh, and don’t ask how you slept a family of three generations, grandparents, parents and children in a two bedroom house. Yes, just about everything was shared. Happy Days, what happy days. All yours if you want them because I certainly don't want them back, you can keep them.
And don't even ask about the outside loo, especially if there were no drains laid on because flush toilets and septic tanks weren't quite as common outside town as they are now. Ask around the Old Folks and see if I'm exaggerating?

Communes have been tried during the last four decades or so. At one time they were quite the "In Thing" sprouting up all over the place. Has anybody seen one recently? For the less posh they were called "Squats" where you "Dossed Down". For those too young to know what an old man is going on about, just check "Hippy", "Flower Power" and "Turn on, tune in, drop out!" as in “Woodstock”. (An antiquated Pop Movie)

The history of Caithness alone will tell you what happens when things are left to be sorted out at a local level. It works well until the folks from the next local area take offence at something, real or imagined, they consider you have done to take advantage of them.
In Scotland you called them Clan Wars, in England they were simply called Riots.

If you really want to know what happens when there are no laws just read your History. The thug with the largest and most vicious bunch of thugs took what he wanted. Have you never heard of the Border Reivers? The Armstrongs, the Elliots, the Stanleys and the Percys? Look up the origins of the word "Blackmail", there's something fairly local for you to check up on, I believe the original name translates as "Black Rent".
Where I come from there are plenty of Communities where the neighbours look out for one another all the time. That way they know that when you disappear then it’s safe to screw your house. The authorities even give you stickers to put in your windows, they call it “Neighbourhood Watch”.

I'm not ahead of any game because the game is nothing more than a myth. You can always judge how "important" any large occurrence is using a simple rule of thumb. The greater the number of Conspiracy Theories and the more fanciful they are, the bigger the event and the more important the public and the media consider the people who are the subject. The simpler the facts are the greater the "Conspiracy of Silence" and the greater the cover-up.
"There must be a conspiracy because if there wasn't a conspiracy then the conspiracy behind what happened would be out in the open and everybody would know".

Even if I accept your description of how everything could be solved at a local level that still does not explain anything to do with Bilderberg other than the fact that they must be Conspiring to do something otherwise they wouldn't be conspiring to get together.
What reason is given by them for the get-togethers? They must give some explanation surely, they can't just say they accidentally bumped into one another in a Restaurant. That's already been tried by a Football Player and an opposing Team Manager so that one is worn out.

sjwahwah
14-Jun-06, 00:22
so far my "answer" is better than your non-answer and dismissal of something you saw in a film somewheres. and nobody said it was wonderful.. nobodys expecting it to be...

the clues are in the list... why do YOU think the major players of oil companies, mass media, world economists, bankers...etc want to meet with Princess Beatrix (sorry QUEEN) and Kenneth Clarke?

outside compost loo... sharing COLD bath water with four people....living with relatives young and old.. I think I've got a vivid ... maybe sporadic but, present view... if you only knew?! and you had drains and a tub.. great!

which part don't you want? freedom or life of leisure and gadget in trade for some dogged controlled lifestyle?

the best things in life AREN'T free but, they are satisfying.

your speak of clan wars... it's 2006 and it's happening in Iraq & Afghanistan.. same thing.. bigger scale except you have the privledge of being on the pillagers side and watching it on a television screen instead of watching depleted uranium coming in via the picture window!

history? watch out... which interpretation are you speaking of? and here's a rule of thumb... know your enemy.... point of the thread!

JAWS
14-Jun-06, 02:15
Disapear in a CIA jet to a secret prison in Rumania? Or is that just another conspiracy theory, the American government has denied it happens often enough so I suppose it must be just the result of overactive imaginations. Apart from the solid evidence (http://www.sundayherald.com/56171) we now have that it is true that is.

How do you see things anyway? As far as I can tell you're comparing peoples fears that a group of influential Europeans and Americans are meeting in secret to conspire against the general public to a situation in the 50s and 60s when a group of influential Europeans and Americans conspired in secret to use propaganda so as to fool the public into thinking that the Soviet Union was a far greater threat than they were in an attempt to brand Socialism unpatriotic and use nationalist feelings to further their capitalist agenda.Has anybody found one of the flights yet. Everybody knows which planes, when they fly, where they go, how long they stay and even Governments who have no love or respect for the CIA who have every facility, including more efficient Spooks than the CIA will ever be have yet to find even one.
I don't doubt for one minute that such goings on are happening but so far all there has been is a lot of fuss and hot air and little else.

The “Proof” amounts to one Fax from Egypt to it’s London Embassy and intercepted due to the vigilance of one Swiss Intelligence Operative. (It just so happens that the person heading the Council of Europe enquiry is a Swiss)

"The report noted: “The [Egyptian] embassy got the information from its own sources (my bold) that 23 Iraqi and American citizens have actually been interrogated at the military base Mihail Kogalniceanu close to the [Romanian] city of Constanza at the Black Sea. Similar interrogation centres exist in Ukraine, Kosovo, Macedonia and Bulgaria.”
Well we have had a perfect example of how reliable “Intelligence” is in London only yesterday.

And

“The Council of Europe last week published the results of its long-running investigation into rendition and found that 14 European countries, including Britain, had colluded with the CIA. It also suggested that secret prisons were operating in eastern Europe, but did not have conclusive proof.” (my bold)

And the Russians are accusing the Ukraine. Well that is a surprise, especially as they are already leaning very hard on the Ukraine in an attempt to force it back under Russian influence.

One "intercepted" message, one huge enquiry by the Council of Europe admitting that they found no "conclusive proof" and an accusation by one Country against another over which it wishes to gain political influence.
On that "evidence" I wouldn't accuse a child of scrumping apples.
As I said, it most probably is happening. Everybody can give you all the details of every movement that is made, the whole world and it's dog knows about it, but nobody can find one bit of proof. I find it very hard to believe that the CIA has suddenly been overcome by a fit of efficiency, that really is a step too far.

The 1950s and 60s. Where shall I start.?

The Berlin airlift? What a complete set of lies that was. Stalin never stopped the supplies to the Western Sector of Berlin by blocking the roads and stopping the trains using the agreed routes. There never was any need for an Airlift to stop the people of West Berlin from being starved into submission. Never happened, the whole thing was staged in Hollywood and the whole world was fed disinformation by th Capitalist Western Press.

Korea – figment of imagination – the Russians were never there. (Except their own records show that they were there flying Migs, which, incidentally were powered by a copy of the Rolls Royce Engine our own Post War Government kindly presented to Uncle Joe Stalin)

East Germany - Russian Troops never went near the place to put a pro-Soviet Government in place. Nobody was ever killed trying to get over the Berlin Wall. The Wall was errected, Aaccording to the East Germans and the Soviets, to "Stop Westerners fleeing to the east".

Hungary – There were never any Soviet Tanks on the streets of Budapest in 1956 it was nasty Western lies.

Check point Charley and the Berlin Wall? Russian and American Tanks, eyeball to eyeball, guns loaded and engines running and everybody afraid to even blink. And who was going to decide if World War Three started there and then? Some secret plot? Some big political decision? Not on your life. All it needed was for one Crazy Ivan or one Flamboyant Floyd to hiccup at the wrong time and everybody was going to open up. Fortunately things quietened off and, if my memory serves me correctly, those at the sharp end came to an unspoken agreement to slowly sneak away from one another.

Czechoslovakia? The Prague Spring? Russian Tanks on the Streets, Alexander Dubcek “volunteered” to go to the Kremlin with a Russian Military Escort, where, after a cosy chat with the Polit Bureau he returned to Prague saying he had suddenly had a change of heart about any small freedoms he had given the people as he had seen the errors of his ways. (The Russians just happened to have a large number of tanks conveniently near the border should those already there need “assistance”)
Ever hear of a student called Jan Palak, fred? I remember him well sitting in protest in the middle of Wenceslaus Square in the middle of his own private funeral pyre having poured petrol all over himself and lit a match.

Cuba? Never happened. There never were any missiles, Everybody knows that story but how many people know that the world was saved by a lift repair man in Moscow?
Castro, Kennedy, Khrushchev? No, it was all a CIA Scam to make Nikita look bad.

Yes the Russian pretended they had more nuclear armaments than the really had but if you play that game and people believe you then you have only yourself to blame. Driving Military Weapons through Red Square for the May Day Parade (remember that?) driving them round and adding them onto the back of the parade to come through again was a good trick. Did it happen? Well the Russians confirmed they were doing that so why sould I think otherwise?

Everybody knows the Russians never told lies about the West and it was all our nasty propaganda. Anybody remember how they insisted that NATO sunk the Kirsk? And that was after the Cold War ended. Anybody remember the over-wrought Russian Mother giving Gorbachev a real mouthful when a huge lady quietly sidled up beside her and jabbed her with something which suddenly made her go very limp and quiet, and all in front of the TV cameras. Old habits are hard to change. It was so blatant they they had to admit what had been done to her even if they did say it was only to "sedate" her for her own benifit.

Oh yes, I remember the 1950s and the 1960s very well, I remember the tanks rolling in Europe.

Strange how many of the “lies” told about the Soviets are now being confirmed in the Kremlin Filing system.
Ever heard of the Nuclear Doomsday Boat? I’ll tell you about that one as well if you wish. Mind you, even the Polit Bureau thought that was far too crazy an idea even though the Military thought it was a feasible.

Now we get down to some truths. What this thread is really about is Anti-Western propaganda by disgruntled anti-capitalists who regret the passing of their prime backers. They now describe themselves as "Anarchist", "Anti-Globalisation", "Anti-Capitalist". For some reason they have a great love of name changes to give the impression they are lots of separate organisations. In truth they all have the same aims, "Forward Brothers to the Revolution!"

At least everybody now knows what this thread is really about!

sjwahwah
14-Jun-06, 03:08
revolutions don't exactly work out do they?.. the same idiots or other idiots end up in control don't they?

i think it's up to the average joes to get informed and say no to their wars.. no to their backward laws... no to their slaughtering of people in this country and outwith.. no to unjust taxes... no to their prescribed suicide... no to their genetically modified food, no to their useless & harmful technologies, no to their credit schemes..no to dependence on them for our basic needs... no to the general exploitation of "sovereign" nations and their people, their land, their property and their children... and yes to concentrating on a revival of community depending on ourselves and entertaining our real strengths that can be achieved by cooperative action. starting where? looking for the correct information. back to the thread.

do you have any solutions jaws? you seem to know all about history (i was waiting for a piece on vietnam) and how you percieve it... what your told is not all that goes on btw... but, we haven't heard any of your forward plans of present?? or are you quite happy with everything as it is? And, you are quite happy to put your own opinions and assumptions in everybodies mouth.. why don't you put YOUR OWN opinions in your own mouth and come out with a start of a solution rather than moanin about everybody elses!? noone has THE ONE solution... it is cooperation that eventually finds solutions isn't it?

according to your speak there are no truths... where do you stand?

JAWS
14-Jun-06, 03:46
so far my "answer" is better than your non-answer and dismissal of something you saw in a film somewheres. and nobody said it was wonderful.. nobodys expecting it to be...

the clues are in the list... why do YOU think the major players of oil companies, mass media, world economists, bankers...etc want to meet with Princess Beatrix (sorry QUEEN) and Kenneth Clarke?

outside compost loo... sharing COLD bath water with four people....living with relatives young and old.. I think I've got a vivid ... maybe sporadic but, present view... if you only knew?! and you had drains and a tub.. great!

which part don't you want? freedom or life of leisure and gadget in trade for some dogged controlled lifestyle?

the best things in life AREN'T free but, they are satisfying.

your speak of clan wars... it's 2006 and it's happening in Iraq & Afghanistan.. same thing.. bigger scale except you have the privledge of being on the pillagers side and watching it on a television screen instead of watching depleted uranium coming in via the picture window!

history? watch out... which interpretation are you speaking of? and here's a rule of thumb... know your enemy.... point of the thread!
So we are back to Afghanistan and Iraq again. I've already established from fred's post what this thread is really about and you hav just confirmed it. It's a "Capitalist West are enslaving the World Thread" and the rest is just window dressing.

You gave away where your real concern was in a previous post,

yer attitude would be different if you were on the receiving end of a cruise missile
Of all the weapons produced by any Country in the World your concern lay not with mines, not with bombs, not with rockets but with a weapon, the mention of which, screams “American” as if they are the only people with weapons.

Well, despite the slaughter going on in Sudan, guess who has just delivered a huge consignment of Military Vehicles there. The Americans? No, the Chinese.

Last year there was a consignment of 400 military trucks to Burma to a regime that has been involved in the torture, murder and forced eviction of hundreds of thousands of civilians. The Americans? No, China again.

Nepal Security forces have been supplied with 25,000 rifles and 18,000 grenades. At a time when they were using live ammunition against civilians. China again. And I wonder who might be supplying the Maoist Rebels there? You can guarantee it ain’t America.

And the source of these nasty malicious stories about China? The Americans? The Western Media?
No, the accusations are made by that well known pro-American organisation Amnesty International.
Over three million dead in wars in the Congo and not a peep. I can’t just recall the numbers in Sudan but they are certainly horrific.
Strange how some people’s concerns for human life seem to fade away into the background when they do not provide an opportunity to denigrate the Capitalist West.

You asked the question

What's with all the need for laws? I wonder what happened to the days of people just using their head
I gave you examples from the past in this country. You have quite correctly pointed out that even now, in 2006, in Iraq and Afghanistan the same continues.
I notice once again you only point to the conflict involving Britain and America and ignore completely the Tribal (Clan) Wars which are going on in Africa involving far more deaths and horrors.
All you have done is answer you own question about the need for Laws and what happens when people just use their heads.

You painted the picture of no electricity and the wonders of communal washing days, all I did was add the other things which went with it.

And the old film? I don’t need to watch it to know what things were like then. I can just about remember it but the whole of that period was a little hazy if you were really there.

I'm quite happy with the life I have, controlled or not. I gave up believing my every move was controlled by some Gods or other and I'm darn sure I'm not going to let anybody persuade me that they have been replaced by Bilderberg or any other slave masters.

If I am going to believe that there is some force controlling me then I will start swatting up on the Greek Gods, at least they had a sense of humour.

If I bump into Zeus on my wanderings I will tell him he has serious competition and point him in the direction of Bilderberg. He won't need months of advanced warning to organise his baying mob, he'll have them there in a flash.

sjwahwah
14-Jun-06, 04:18
well... more current event lessons from jaws... thanks for telling me things I read about everyday.. refreshing. nobody said anything about westerners.... china.. america.. uk.. all the same people really. i comment on iraq and afghanistan because it is in present sight in this country and frankly, it's also personal.

so, you confirm your quite happy with what's going on then yes? well.. that's great... so, why is it you partake quite defensively on this subject????

rifles and grenades aren't the only weapons... I've got kids the gov is trying to pump vaccines into.. electromagnetic pollution over my head and coming in from every angle... not a loaf of bread in the shop without e numbers... parents on a pharmacy of prescription meds... friends on chemical lobotomy drugs.. and the range of things I don't even know about.....yet!

I'm not trying to convince you of anything... you joined the thread of your own free will... you sound like your still not quite convinced of anything? in fact you sound like you've given up and can't stand that others are still trying to do what they can to stand up for themselves and their childrens futures.

and I've got more humour than you might imagine... laughing now actually... after looking at your profile and seeing your from Clyth.. you might just be bumping into me and my off my heid ideas quite soon! perhaps we could get together and do some neighbourly washing up?;) LOL

fred
14-Jun-06, 08:53
At least everybody now knows what this thread is really about!

I know what it's about, you seem to be very confused.

Are you saying that there really were reds under your bed? The only point I was making was that you keep using the mass paranoia of the Mcarthy era as an example of how fears proved unfounded and now you decide the fears wern't unfounded at all.

What is your point? You don't like poeple being concerned about secret meetings so you label them conspiracy theorists and dismiss anything they say out of hand. You don't like me pointing out that what you say actually supports their argument so you come out with your usual diatribe then declare me anti-capitalist so you can dismiss anything I say out of hand
but you don't seem to have have any argument concerning the subject matter of the thread.

You type line after line arguing that you are old and wrinkly therefore must be right and everyone else has a hidden agenda therefore must be wrong but you say nothing about the place for secrecy in a free and democratic society.

JAWS
14-Jun-06, 11:16
I know what it's about, you seem to be very confused.

Are you saying that there really were reds under your bed? The only point I was making was that you keep using the mass paranoia of the Mcarthy era as an example of how fears proved unfounded and now you decide the fears wern't unfounded at all.

What is your point? You don't like poeple being concerned about secret meetings so you label them conspiracy theorists and dismiss anything they say out of hand. You don't like me pointing out that what you say actually supports their argument so you come out with your usual diatribe then declare me anti-capitalist so you can dismiss anything I say out of hand
but you don't seem to have have any argument concerning the subject matter of the thread.

You type line after line arguing that you are old and wrinkly therefore must be right and everyone else has a hidden agenda therefore must be wrong but you say nothing about the place for secrecy in a free and democratic society.I don't mind people being concerned about secret meetings with Press Releases at all and yes, like you I would dearly love to know what they are up to, it's far better than worrying what some characters in Soaps are up to.
All I have been doing is questioning certain interpretations place upon those Meetings.
I have not even given a hint that such matters should not be discussed, if that were what I would have said so.
I have only once ever suggested that a thread be of concern and that was one where I was concerned that a young girl might become identifyable as a n individual when it woas not in her interest. Even then I left it to the Mods to decide.

You are quite free to discuss whatever you wish as far as I am concerned, but, that being said I therefore have the same right to question and comment.

I have not said that "fears" were or were not unfounded only that the situation was not as one sided as you portray.
Doing so would seem to be an "Offence Against the State".

McCarthy, yes, absolute paranoia. Both Lenin's and and even more so Stalin's purges, yes, absolute paranoia.
How many people did McCarthy sentence to death? How many people did Stalin sentence to death.
Which of them sent people to Forced Labour Camps in the Arctic Wilderness?
Which of them had members of the Political Heirarchy removed from Meetings for immediate execution?

With regard to the subject matter all that has been said so far is that Bilderberg must be conpiring to be the Slave Masters of the World.
The reason? Well we don't know what they are up to so they must be Conspiing to do something.

Fine, exellent point of view, I love the logic.

I don't claim to be right, I simply put a different point of view and, until I am dragged away to the Big Lubianka by the Organs of State or the Mods ban me I shall, when I so desire, continue to do so.

Feel free to expond your view of the world but please do not complain when I offer a different version.
I'm happy to let others decide which version they prefer, they have the freedom to do so. Unless their Slave Masters at Bilderberg control that also.

JAWS
14-Jun-06, 11:25
well... more current event lessons from jaws... thanks for telling me things I read about everyday.. refreshing. nobody said anything about westerners.... china.. america.. uk.. all the same people really. i comment on iraq and afghanistan because it is in present sight in this country and frankly, it's also personal.

so, you confirm your quite happy with what's going on then yes? well.. that's great... so, why is it you partake quite defensively on this subject????

rifles and grenades aren't the only weapons... I've got kids the gov is trying to pump vaccines into.. electromagnetic pollution over my head and coming in from every angle... not a loaf of bread in the shop without e numbers... parents on a pharmacy of prescription meds... friends on chemical lobotomy drugs.. and the range of things I don't even know about.....yet!

I'm not trying to convince you of anything... you joined the thread of your own free will... you sound like your still not quite convinced of anything? in fact you sound like you've given up and can't stand that others are still trying to do what they can to stand up for themselves and their childrens futures.

and I've got more humour than you might imagine... laughing now actually... after looking at your profile and seeing your from Clyth.. you might just be bumping into me and my off my heid ideas quite soon! perhaps we could get together and do some neighbourly washing up?;) LOLNo problems with the washing, I'm game for anything.

With regard to being convinced of anything, well, I am pretty hard to convince. I've listened to far too many one sided stories intended to push me into one particular direction for me not to be a sceptic.
There are alway at least two sides to every argument and even then you are rarely left with even a quarter of the truth.

Given up? You must be joking. Watching the ins and outs of intrigues is far too much fun.

JAWS
14-Jun-06, 13:15
I really must apologise for my lack of attention, I have just realised the route this tread has taken.

It started by trying to convince people that there is a Capitalist Conspiracy to enslave the world and that those who could not see it must be daft.

It arrives at trying to convince people that there no Communist Conspiracy to enslave the world and that those who believed they could see it must be daft.

People who cannot see a Conspiracy are daft, people who can see a Conspiracy are daft.

What can I say? You can be in my Conspiracy if I can be in your Conspiracy. Yippee, now we can all Conspire to believe in Conspiracies, or is that just daft?

Oh dear, it took me two replies and one post to spot that folks, I'm slipping, I would normally have spotted that as soon as I saw it.
Just put it down to a Senior Moment folks. It's my age, you know, my rose tinted glasses are fading! :lol:

fred
14-Jun-06, 18:07
I have not said that "fears" were or were not unfounded only that the situation was not as one sided as you portray.

How did I prtray the situation again? I don't remember.

fred
14-Jun-06, 19:14
It arrives at trying to convince people that there no Communist Conspiracy to enslave the world and that those who believed they could see it must be daft.

It was you who brought Communists into the discussion.

Now either the Communists really were intent on world domination or it was a Capitalist conspiracy, either way your argument falls flat.

JAWS
15-Jun-06, 00:51
I think there is enough detail for people to be able to decide if we are being controlled from the cradle to the grave.

All people have to do is check back through the thread to see who said what and what they are meant to believe is happening or not as the case may be.

Communist, Capitalist, or whatever other passing fad, it's all the same to me. There are a few people who believe either one or another controls our every movement and thought.

In all truth, the vast majority of people are sensible enough to know that whatever name they are known by they are really in control of nothing and people just get on with living their lives and let others carry on tilting at windmills.

If you want to know who really controls the World, have a word with the mice, but don't believe the number 42 because there was a computer glitch so you can't believe every thing you are told.

The truth is really 99 and every day is the first day of spring.

phoenix
15-Jun-06, 09:23
You into numbers too Jaws!!! The Truth is 33 not 99.......If you're a Free Mason though it may mean something totally different!!! We are not in control of anything, only ourselves, there are some though who think they run the show........they dont and never will they are deluded!!! [evil]

fred
15-Jun-06, 09:52
Communist, Capitalist, or whatever other passing fad, it's all the same to me. There are a few people who believe either one or another controls our every movement and thought.

Communist, Capitalist, it's all the same to the ultra rich few who own the central banks, they both do the same job, they both consolidate assets and once consolidated they are easily controlled. Where do you think the Red Army got the money to launch a revolution? After a bloodbath costing the lives of a hundred million Lenin controlled the lives of the people of an empire and the bankers controlled Lenin.

Britain ran out of things to borrow money on as far back as WWI so they created a new asset to use as security, the labour of the future generations, our labour, our fathers labour, our childrens labour they introduced income tax so they could use the future revenue it generated as security to borrow money to fight a war. Out of evert pound we pay in taxes 40p goes to pay the interest on the national debt. What was it you said about "black rent"? What was it you said about being free? Where does that money go to? The richest country in the world is the country deepest in debt, in the country built on freedom the people are slaves to the bankers.

If you read through the New Testament whether you're religeous or not you will soon realise that Jesus was a saint, he preached peace and love, love thine neighbour, love thine enamy, turn the other cheek. He only lost his temper once, he only resorted to violence once, he could love the Roman soldiers who nailed him to a cross but not the money changers in the temple, he knew the nature of the beast, he knew the root of all evil.

squidge
15-Jun-06, 10:27
and yes to concentrating on a revival of community depending on ourselves and entertaining our real strengths that can be achieved by cooperative action. starting where? looking for the correct information. back to the thread.

Starting where? Well sjwahwah Seems to me you should look closer to home to start with and begin a revival in your own community of that mutual dependance, understanding and support. I would suggest working with your neighbours to reach a compromise so that everyone gets their housework done and a goodnights sleep might be a place to start. The only place we CAN start is with ourselves. I suggest you do that first then worry about the global conspiracy.:roll:

pultneytooner
15-Jun-06, 11:40
Starting where? Well sjwahwah Seems to me you should look closer to home to start with and begin a revival in your own community of that mutual dependance, understanding and support. I would suggest working with your neighbours to reach a compromise so that everyone gets their housework done and a goodnights sleep might be a place to start. The only place we CAN start is with ourselves. I suggest you do that first then worry about the global conspiracy.:roll: Didn't david koresh do that?;)
Live alone, die together.

phoenix
15-Jun-06, 13:35
For anyone whos interested! :grin:http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/Antichrist-screening-DI.jpg

JAWS
15-Jun-06, 19:15
Communist, Capitalist, it's all the same to the ultra rich few who own the central banks, they both do the same job, they both consolidate assets and once consolidated they are easily controlled. Where do you think the Red Army got the money to launch a revolution? After a bloodbath costing the lives of a hundred million Lenin controlled the lives of the people of an empire and the bankers controlled Lenin.

Britain ran out of things to borrow money on as far back as WWI so they created a new asset to use as security, the labour of the future generations, our labour, our fathers labour, our childrens labour they introduced income tax so they could use the future revenue it generated as security to borrow money to fight a war. Out of evert pound we pay in taxes 40p goes to pay the interest on the national debt. What was it you said about "black rent"? What was it you said about being free? Where does that money go to? The richest country in the world is the country deepest in debt, in the country built on freedom the people are slaves to the bankers.

If you read through the New Testament whether you're religeous or not you will soon realise that Jesus was a saint, he preached peace and love, love thine neighbour, love thine enamy, turn the other cheek. He only lost his temper once, he only resorted to violence once, he could love the Roman soldiers who nailed him to a cross but not the money changers in the temple, he knew the nature of the beast, he knew the root of all evil.Slaves to the Bankers or Slaves to the Polit Bureau, it's all the same to me.
Well, not quite, the Bankers don't send me to the Gulag to be starved to death doing Slave Labour for “Anti-Banking Activities.”

The Red Army was set up by Lenin after the Revolution by the Bolsheviks in order to overthrow the legitimately elected Russian Government, chosen by the people.
The people had the elected the Mensheviks and Lenin was having none of that so he simply got rid of them and had himself installed. The millions who died were starved to death in the Countryside because their crops were seized by the State to feed the people in the cities.
Anybody found keeping back any corn to plant the following year were declared to be Enemies of the State, had the corn seized and were executed.
There being no corn left to plant the following year caused there to be a massive famine in which the millions of peasants died.

And what on earth would a good Marxist like Lenin be doing having dealings with nasty Capitalist Bankers? Especially when he had all the wealth of the Romanovs he had murdered at his disposal. Wasn’t that what the Revolution was about, grabbing not only Power but all the wealth as well?

And if you care to check Polish History about the Polish Army’s return home from Russia after having seized the Trans-Siberian Railway so they could avoid having to fight their way back home, you will find out exactly why the Romanovs were Butchered.
Once again, another set of archives have been opened up to scrutiny.

Remember, the State Archives are no longer a State Secret and have recently, and for the first time ever, been open to scrutiny. Even the Russians have admitted to being shocked by what they have found.
Has anybody found the correct version of Lenin’s will yet instead of the one forged by Stalin declaring him as Lenin’s Heir?

Yes, the Romans did nail him to the Cross and he forgave them. I wonder if he forgave the Revolutionaries who sold him out for being a Counter Revolutionary Threat for telling them to "Render unto Caesar"?
(Check the Bible properly and also tie it to the history around that time including the Zealots - now there is a label people will find worth checking on)

He committed no offence against the State and was of no great interest ot the Romans but he was a thorn in the side of those wanting to overthrow Rome so they had to set him up by Denouncing Him for their own benefit.
The very same people were later involved in a Revolution against Rome and were Crushed.
The Romans knew how to deal with revolting people!

Britain ran out of things to borrow money on as far back as WWI so they created a new asset to use as security, the labour of the future generations, our labour, our fathers labour, our childrens labour they introduced income tax so they could use the future revenue it generated as security to borrow money to fight a war.

Income Tax, now let me see, how good is my memory when it come to History?

WW1? Did I once hear something about 1812? No, that cant be it. Nice piece of music but not quite WW1.
1900? No, sorry, the Boer War was around that time. Got it, 1914 to 1918, yes that’s it! At last!
Income Tax imposed to enslave our children to pay for WW1.

1812 springs to mind again but I can’t think why. Got it. Old Boney!
Russia, that was the link, pre the Revolution. Revolution, yes that’s it. The French Revolution leading to the rise of Napoleon.
Wait, I must be getting close. That’s it, the Napoleonic Wars, thank heaven for that.
Napoleonic Wars, Income Tax.. At last we are there!!!
Income Tax was introduced in 1798 to pay for the Napoleonic Wars. I know I would get there eventually.

Now do I believe in Crystal Balls and Fortune Tellers or even reading Tea Leaves? Nope, that was the American Revolution wasn’t it, something to do with Boston and Taxation without Representation. Revolution, Tax, what a lot of connections, there must be a Conspiracy somewhere in all this. Perhaps the CIA were behind the Napoleonic Was as well.

1798, that’s it, Income Tax was introduced in 1798 to pay for the Napoleonic Wars. I make that to be over a Century before World War 1. So Income Tax was introduced to pay for a War which wasn't even going to happen until over a hundred years after.
Now that's what I call "Advanced Planning"

Well done fred, when did you say the Time Machine was introduced?

Stick to vague Conspiracy Theories like groups of men huddled in dark corners plotting to take over the World.
That way all you need is a list of names, a location and a vivid imagination.
Historical facts can be recalled and are also there for others to check even if interpretations can sometimes vary. Over a Century though does involve an inordinate stretch not so much of interpretation but more of imagination.

I’m still waiting for somebody to tell me why, if people were stupid to swallow the Conspiracy Theories of the !950/60s they should be expected to swallow Conspiracy Theories now which are even more fanciful than any I have come across.
Roswell and Little Green Men excepted that is, but I suspect even that is more plausible to many people.

Don Quixote Rides Again, thank heaven that most people have more sense to keep looking for Windmills with “World Domination” painted all over them.
I do so love a good Conspiracy, they can keep you entertained for ages provided you don't get dizzy chasing you own tail!

pultneytooner
15-Jun-06, 21:18
In the UK, and as no doubt in other places, the people in charge decide what salaries and benefits they should pay themselves.
Some people in public service can even retire at 50 and get a pension. These pensions are inflation proof unlike most pensions. About 60% of the local taxes we pay in the UK goes to pay pensions for retired public service employees.
There was an uproar and public demonstrations when it was suggested that public service employees retire, not at 60 as they do at present but at 65 like the rest of us. At the same time, I might add, it had been suggested that the rest of us retire at 70.
My state pension is about £5000 and about £2000 of it goes to pay local taxes. That means I pay £1200 of my £5000 to pay the pensions of retired public service workers, some of whom left the UK and retired to Spain 5 years earlier than real workers like myself living in the UK in poverty.

fred
17-Jun-06, 21:18
Slaves to the Bankers or Slaves to the Polit Bureau, it's all the same to me.
Well, not quite, the Bankers don't send me to the Gulag to be starved to death doing Slave Labour for “Anti-Banking Activities.”

Capitalist countries have a history just as bad as the Soviet Union when it comes to human rights. Hitler wasn't Communist, it wasn't Communists jailed Nelson Mandella, Saddam Hussein even executed the left wing of his own Baath party.

We live in a fairly stable society free from many of the abuses common in the rest of the world and enjoy a relatively high standard of living but that isn't down to capitalism, the poorest and most abused people in the world live in capitalist countries. We owe our relative wealth and freedoms to the socialists who fought for them, fought against child labour, fought for decent working hours and conditions, fought for the workers to get their fair shair of the profits and fought for equality and justice, not the Capitalists they were fighting against.

And what on earth would a good Marxist like Lenin be doing having dealings with nasty Capitalist Bankers? Especially when he had all the wealth of the Romanovs he had murdered at his disposal. Wasn’t that what the Revolution was about, grabbing not only Power but all the wealth as well?

The revolution was about oil, as important then as it is now as the worlds navies switched from steam, about oil and one mans attempt at a world monopoly. WWI was all about oil too, nothing to do with the assasination of an Arch Duke. Russia was a very rich country, the people were poor but the country was and still is very rich in natural resources.

It wasn't Lenins revolution, Lenin was in Germany with no way of getting back to Russia across a war torn Europe without a lot of help from some very influential people. Trotski was in America, America had to threaten not to enter the war to get him passage to Russia. Stalin was there all along, he was head of the oil workers union and had been causing trouble for the Dutch and British oil companies for some time. After the revolution the oil fields were nationalised and the rights sold to Standard Oil, owned by John D Rockefeller, other rights, coal, timber, to other American companies.

JAWS
18-Jun-06, 01:46
Fred, the Ba'ath Party had close connections with Nazi Germany and based itself on them. Sadman Hussein based his methods on those of Stalin by denouncing those who did not agree with him as enemies of the party in front of it's gathered leaders. Then having them dragged from the meeting and immediately shot so everybody was aware of what happened to dissenters before asking for a vote in his favour which, naturally, he won without any objections. The simple fact that such a thing could happen without anybody noticing the change shows exactly how alike the two ideologies are. Sadman purged a few of the left wing of his own party and his own family so that proves his right wing credentials? Stalin purged anybody and everybody who he considered to be a threat to his position, be they members of the Polit Bureau, the Armed Forces, his own family and even Leon Trotsky who, if you care to remember was a leader of the Communist Revolution.
Presumably, using the Sadman Hussein argument that would mean Stalin was not a Communist. I suspect that there are many of those in Russia who still revere him who would strongly disagree with that.

The Nazi Holocaust and Communist Purges can hardly be compared with the treatment of Nelson Mandella however unfair that may be considered to be and I think Nelson Mandella would be the first to confirm that. Mandella eventually became President of his Country. I am not aware of anybody returning from the Concentration Camps or the Gulags to do the same. I rather suspect that Mandella would be one of the first to point that out. To me, the most outstanding thing about Nelson Mandella is his complete lack of either spitefulness or vengeance. I have yet to hear him demand a “purge” of those who did not agree with him however much others may think they deserved it.

Yes, you are correct, we do live in a fairly stable society and yes, freedoms have been hard won, I was brought up alongside a Great Aunt who had been an active Suffragette so I need very few lectures along those lines. Those freedoms were brought about by without resorting to Revolution and the Violent Overthrow of Governments, they were brought about exactly because we have a Stable Democracy.
That is why we have a relatively high standard of living, not because of Unfettered Capitalism or because of Rigid Dogmatic State Control but because we make adjustment to make corrections when things start to go wrong. We do not destroy the building just because the roof leaks. First we fix the leak and then we try to make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future.

The Russian Revolution was about oil? That’s a new one, I’ve never heard even the Russians claim that one.
World War 1 was about oil because the Worlds Navies were becoming Oil Powered?
That’s a new one as well. We have been time travelling again. Certainly, even at the start of World War 2 most of the Royal Navy’s Capital Ships were Coal Fired. That’s why we had Coaling Stations at numerous points around the World.
I am well aware that Lenin and Trotsky did not start the Russian Revolution they simply waited until the time was suitable and then subverted it to their own ends by grabbing power from the Government the People had elected. Lenin had previous form for ignoring a democratic vote. He had done the same in1903 at the Social Democratic Labour Party Conference (That’s the then Russian one folks, not the one in Britain now) where he lost a vote over how the party should be run by 28 votes to 23. Lenin was so concerned about democratic principles that he immediately stalked off in a great sulk, split the Party and stalked off in a tantrum to form the Bolshevik Party leaving the remainder to become the Mensheviks.
It is still a method used today, wait until the election has been carried out then, if possible, take over the leadership of the party.

The murder of Ferdinand was only the trip-wire which fired the stating gun for World War 1 which had been building up for over a decade or more. There goes the Time Machine again – WW1 was all about oil to power Navies. The first Royal Navy Warship, HMS Queen Elizabeth was the first ever RN Warship powered by oil. I hardly think that within twelve months she was in danger of suffering a dire shortage of oil.

Fred, you really do well with time warps. It was not World War 1 that caused the need for income tax, that, as I said previously was the Napoleonic Wars.
Now World War 1 and the Russian Revolution was all about oil.
Fred, that was World War 2. Hitler and Stalin had a nice little deal going whereby Russia supplied Hitler with oil and in return Germany supplied Stalin with coal and iron.
When Stalin refused to believe Hitler was going to invade Russia one of the reasons for his stubbornness was that he was convinced Hitler was simply using the troop movements as a ploy to try to force cheaper fuel prices out of the Russians.
In some ways he was quite right, Hitler did want cheaper oil but he wanted to get it free of charge by getting hold of the source.

You really must watch the fixation with everything being about oil. Being totally focussed on one thing can make you miss the obvious.

Now I see where Lenin being up to his neck in Hock to the Bankers comes in. Really fred, the claim of Lenin running to the evil Capitalist Bankers is bad enough but Lenin handing over the whole of Russia’s oil wealth the greedy grasping Capitalist Oil Barons really is too much. The man was a Marxist-Leninist for heavens sake, he was the Leninist part. Are you really trying to tell me that he was really an Enemy of the State and a Traitor to the Cause?
Next you will be telling me Trotsky was a CIA plant intent on enriching the Rockefellers so they could secretly fund the counter-revolutionaries.

The problem with the Soviets is that they spent so long manipulating and re-writing History to suit their own ends that it’s difficult to tell fact from fiction even within the various factions within the system.
As soon as a leader was out of office he was rapidly denounced as evil and corrupt. The only reason Lenin got away with that fate was that Stalin used his will to legitimate his power grab. He could hardly say he was there because that was what Lenin intended and at the same time denounce him, Lenin had to be wonderful and have the foresight to make Stalin his successor for it to look valid.

Not forgetting Child Labour. Two of the “Socialists” who were involved in the abolition of Child Labour were the Tory Prime Minister Sir Robert Peel and Lord Shaftesbury.
On the other hand Both Marx and Engles, whilst denouncing the evils of Capitalism and the fate of the Poor Downtrodden Worker, were quite happy to sponge off Engles’ father who owned many Mills including a Cotton Mill in Eccles, just outside Manchester.
Neither of them were found their moral revulsion so deeply held that the too were not willing to profit from the profits wrung out of the sweat and toil of the workers of a Cotton Mill in Lancashire.

When things go wrong it’s all their fault, when things go right then it wouldn’t have happened without us!
And when History shows otherwise? Ignore it, re-write it, change it, re-interpret it and if you can’t do that then tell it differently and hope people are stupid enough to believe it.
Didn’t Eric Blair write a book about it? Something called “Animal Farm”. Pity is that I have a photograph of the original writing on the wall which everybody agreed to and not the twisted version which mysteriously appeared later.
Even the snarling dogs and the bleating sheep can hide the truth forever.

There is an art behind creating a good Conspiracy Theory and several different reasons for creating them. But it has to be done very well for them to work.

And I am still waiting for a simple answer to a simple question.
If it was stupid to believe the Conspiracy Theories about the Soviet Union in the 1950/60s why should the Conspiracy Theories about groups of people meeting in Hotels?
I'm told I'm stupid for having believed one set of Conspiracies and then told I'm brainless not to accept another.
Which do you want me to be this time fred, believing and stupid or brainless and dismissive?
Whichever it is it will give me a good giggle.

fred
18-Jun-06, 09:57
The murder of Ferdinand was only the trip-wire which fired the stating gun for World War 1 which had been building up for over a decade or more. There goes the Time Machine again – WW1 was all about oil to power Navies. The first Royal Navy Warship, HMS Queen Elizabeth was the first ever RN Warship powered by oil. I hardly think that within twelve months she was in danger of suffering a dire shortage of oil.

It wasn't about shortages it was about control, about ensuring Germany didn't get a reliable supply of cheap oil for their military and industry and compete with Britain in exploiting the countries of the east.

So what did WWI change? The oil producing countries in the Middle East which were controlled by the Turks got carved up between Britain and France, they were the prize being fought for. Nothing to do with worrying about a shortage all about preventing a surplus, about controlling who got oil and who didn't. Since Britain took control of Iraq after WWI the goal has been to limit their oil production, we didn't need it, we didn't want anyone else to have it. First the oil companies deliberately didn't find oil, then Iraq was capped by OPEC, then came sanctions, now we are in direct control again and Iraq is producing less oil than before we invaded.

Things would have been very different if Germany had succeeded in creating a rail link from Berlin to Basra, they would have bypassed the Suez Canal, they would have all the raw materials from the Far East and Africa totally out of control of the British navy, they would have all the oil they wanted.

Look up Berlin Baghdad railway, that's why all those young men died in the trenches, the same reason they are dying in Iraq today, control of Iraqi oil.

And I am still waiting for a simple answer to a simple question.
If it was stupid to believe the Conspiracy Theories about the Soviet Union in the 1950/60s why should the Conspiracy Theories about groups of people meeting in Hotels?
I'm told I'm stupid for having believed one set of Conspiracies and then told I'm brainless not to accept another.
Which do you want me to be this time fred, believing and stupid or brainless and dismissive?
Whichever it is it will give me a good giggle.

I don't care what you believe, you can believe there has never been a conspiracy in the world if you want to, you can believe we invaded Iraq because they had WMD, terrorist links or to bring thm democracy if you want to. I've never said anything about people meeting in hotel rooms, all I'm saying is that a very few people in this world have a vast amount of power, if you want to believe they never talk about how to use that power among themselves, never plan, never conspire, then you just keep on giggling.

JAWS
18-Jun-06, 19:41
It wasn't about shortages it was about control, about ensuring Germany didn't get a reliable supply of cheap oil for their military and industry and compete with Britain in exploiting the countries of the east.

So what did WWI change? The oil producing countries in the Middle East which were controlled by the Turks got carved up between Britain and France, they were the prize being fought for. Nothing to do with worrying about a shortage all about preventing a surplus, about controlling who got oil and who didn't. Since Britain took control of Iraq after WWI the goal has been to limit their oil production, we didn't need it, we didn't want anyone else to have it. First the oil companies deliberately didn't find oil, then Iraq was capped by OPEC, then came sanctions, now we are in direct control again and Iraq is producing less oil than before we invaded.

Things would have been very different if Germany had succeeded in creating a rail link from Berlin to Basra, they would have bypassed the Suez Canal, they would have all the raw materials from the Far East and Africa totally out of control of the British navy, they would have all the oil they wanted.

Look up Berlin Baghdad railway, that's why all those young men died in the trenches, the same reason they are dying in Iraq today, control of Iraqi oil.

I don't care what you believe, you can believe there has never been a conspiracy in the world if you want to, you can believe we invaded Iraq because they had WMD, terrorist links or to bring thm democracy if you want to. I've never said anything about people meeting in hotel rooms, all I'm saying is that a very few people in this world have a vast amount of power, if you want to believe they never talk about how to use that power among themselves, never plan, never conspire, then you just keep on giggling.
Germany wasn't competing with Britain in the Far east to any extent which was of any consequence, that was France.
Germany had African Colonies so a rail link to Basra would not be of great consequence, they would have been more concerned with rail-links in Africa. Besides, Russia was more concerned about who controlled the Balkans because of their ethnic and religious links with the Orthodox Christians there and their problems with the Muslim Ottoman Empire. The rail link would have had to pass through there and the Russians and the Germans were not on the best of terms.
The biggest problem between Britain and Germany at that time had been caused by the Kaiser's Mother.

The Men in Hotel Rooms is what the thread is about. The secretive "Bilderberg Group" meeting in Hotels without the press being present so they can Conspire to organise World Domination.
It must be so because they won't tell us what they talk about and don't announce a rigid agenda in advance.
I am being told that I should have laughed at the ridiculous Conspiracy Theories put out by the Right about the intentions of the USSR concerning World Domination.
Then I am being told that I must take very seriously the Conspiracy Theory of the Left that the Bilderberg Capitalists of the West are intent on World Domination.
Why is it that to believe one makes you foolish but to believe the other makes you wise.

The agreement made by those attending Bilderberg is that they do not speak to the Press during the period that the Meeting is being held and that there will be no official Press Conference.
Afterwards the people attending are perfectly free to speak to the press about what was discussed but should not attribute any comments to any particular person.
The idea behind this is obvious. It stops people posing and posturing and playing to the Gallery. It means people can freely offer honest opinions without the Media being able to praise or vilify them afterwards.
As for the Conspiracy to take over the World, if that were the case why would they invite representatives from Iran, Palestine and Communist China?
“In view of the fact that we are secretly Conspiring to Dominate your Countries please come along so we can tell you how we are going to do it!” Doesn’t sound quite right to me at all but perhaps I’m just to stupid to see the sense in doing that.

Nobody will convince me that the Deputy Secretary General for the China Society for Strategic and Management Research does not report back to the Party.
He would have to be a very brave man indeed to tell the Party Leaders to mind their own businesses because what was discussed was secret, especially when the Editor of a Chinese Newspaper was imprisoned simply for sending an email about the instructions he had received from the Party on how he should report the Anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre.
I also find it difficult to believe that people holding responsible positions with the Palestinians and in Iran would remain very popular for helping plot the destruction of their rulers either.

The whole idea is about as ridiculous as the Two “K”s, Kennedy and Kruschev inviting one another’s top Military Advisors to sit in at the Pentagon and the Kremlin.

sjwahwah
18-Jun-06, 23:16
UK Government quietly announces power to seize private property, uses World cup as distraction

Wales on Sunday | June 18 2006 (http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200wales/tm_objectid=17250705&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=labour-accused-of-burying-bad-news-during-cup-name_page.html)

THE Government was accused yesterday of using the World Cup to 'bury bad news' over measures to seize empty homes.
The Tories claimed the powers would be used to commandeer the homes of the deceased, and that ministers had sneaked out the announcement while the nation's eyes were on the football finals in Germany.
But the Department for Communities and Local Government described both allegations as 'nonsense', stressing the legislation had been passed in 2004.
A spokesman also denied the powers, to be granted to local authorities next month, would be used to seize homes inherited by relatives.
Shadow housing and planning minister Michael Gove said: 'Homeowners will be alarmed at John Prescott's parting gift of new state powers to confiscate people's homes for up to seven years, with little compensation for the owner.
'Given the controversy over Prescott's three homes, Labour's spin machine has scored an own goal by using the World Cup to bury their bad news.
'There is a case for action to put boarded-up and blighted properties back into use and councils need to reduce their empty housing stock.
'But these heavy-handed powers allow bureaucrats to seize private homes in perfect condition just because they have been empty for a short while.
'Seizing homes of the recently deceased is particularly disturbing.
'I doubt that state officials will always recognise the delays that can result from complex wills or appreciate the traumatic ordeal that families face with the task of clearing a home of personal possessions.
'I fear this is a stealthy new form of inheritance tax by the Labour Government.'
But the DCLG said that the powers would only be used where there was no intention of bringing the property back into use. This would be decided by a tribunal, a spokesman added.

fred
18-Jun-06, 23:24
Germany wasn't competing with Britain in the Far east to any extent which was of any consequence, that was France.
Germany had African Colonies so a rail link to Basra would not be of great consequence, they would have been more concerned with rail-links in Africa. Besides, Russia was more concerned about who controlled the Balkans because of their ethnic and religious links with the Orthodox Christians there and their problems with the Muslim Ottoman Empire. The rail link would have had to pass through there and the Russians and the Germans were not on the best of terms.

Of course Germany wern't competing with Britain in the Far East, they couldn't, Britania ruled the waves and controlled the trade routes. A Berlin to Basra rail line would have changed all that and it would only have been a matter of time before Germany moved on India.

The Balkans were under the control of Austro-Hungary and Turkey, till someone started stiring up a nationalist uprising in Serbia that is.

The Men in Hotel Rooms is what the thread is about. The secretive "Bilderberg Group" meeting in Hotels without the press being present so they can Conspire to organise World Domination.
It must be so because they won't tell us what they talk about and don't announce a rigid agenda in advance.
I am being told that I should have laughed at the ridiculous Conspiracy Theories put out by the Right about the intentions of the USSR concerning World Domination.
Then I am being told that I must take very seriously the Conspiracy Theory of the Left that the Bilderberg Capitalists of the West are intent on World Domination.
Why is it that to believe one makes you foolish but to believe the other makes you wise.

I haven't said anything about the Bilderberg Group, I've just pointed out that the world really is controlled by a very small number of people who own the international banking and oil industries, they do conspire among themselves and our lives are very greatly affected by it. They arn't intent on world domination, they've been dominating the world for a long time. I'm sure all those very influential people gathered in one place have a perfectly legitimate official agenda which is no threat to us at all. I also wouldn't mind betting that there are quite a few not so legitimate agendas get discussed behind closed doors at the same time, it creates a perfect opportunity and that's just how the owners of the worlds wealth like to do business.

sjwahwah
18-Jun-06, 23:32
Originally Posted by JAWS

the famous false left right paradigm rides on....

JAWS
19-Jun-06, 06:28
Of course Germany wern't competing with Britain in the Far East, they couldn't, Britania ruled the waves and controlled the trade routes. A Berlin to Basra rail line would have changed all that and it would only have been a matter of time before Germany moved on India.

The Balkans were under the control of Austro-Hungary and Turkey, till someone started stiring up a nationalist uprising in Serbia that is.

I haven't said anything about the Bilderberg Group, I've just pointed out that the world really is controlled by a very small number of people who own the international banking and oil industries, they do conspire among themselves and our lives are very greatly affected by it. They arn't intent on world domination, they've been dominating the world for a long time. I'm sure all those very influential people gathered in one place have a perfectly legitimate official agenda which is no threat to us at all. I also wouldn't mind betting that there are quite a few not so legitimate agendas get discussed behind closed doors at the same time, it creates a perfect opportunity and that's just how the owners of the worlds wealth like to do business.
Once the Dreadnaught Class of Warship was introduced it made all other previous Warships obsolete. Germany launched the new type of Warship at the same rate as Britain. The German Grand Fleet was the equal in size to the British High Seas Fleet and, if anything, was of better design as was proved at the Battle of Jutland when British Warships were found to have a habit of blowing themselves to pieces in the same way that HMS Hood did in World War Two. (Poor design is the authorised version but there was a very good reason why they blew up in such a manner which was nothing to do with design)
That Britain ruled the waves at the time of the First World War is a complete fallacy as even a quick check of History will show.
I am aware that every war ever fought has been about oil but I don't honestly consider it to be of the slightest consequence. No war has ever been fought for one particular reason and usually the reason wars are considered to be about is usually something which comes somewhere at the bottom of the list.

Serbia? Well who might have had an interest in the Orthodox Christian Slavs of Serbia? I wonder who had expansionist intentions in that area? I rather suspect that what happened after the Second World War will show which Country was interested in controlling the Balkans.

I now see where I am mistaken, I'm glad you have corrected my misunderstanding. There is no Conspiracy to take over Control of the World, the Conspiracy by the evil capitalists is to keep Control of the World which they already own. Fine, I love that even more and feel far safer for knowing that.
I don't care who Controls the World provided it isn't any sort of Politician whatever their beliefs.

I never realised until yesterday where the "fixation" of one small group running the World originated. It is exactly the same as the belief in the Anti-Christ. The Muslims have exactly the same belief under a different name.
Somebody will come along and will be allowed to take control of the World. After that comes the annihilation of all those who were stupid enough to become followers and the World will be left to the True Believers who had been warning of the disaster to come.
I never realised just how much people with strong Political Beliefs were the same as those with extreme Religious Beliefs. They both want to convince the World to Worship at their Alter.

At least the Religious Extremists promise me Eternal Salvation. What do the Politicos have to offer which compares with that.
Perhaps we should get rid of the Politicians and let the Religious Extremists Rule the World, they have more to offer in the end!

the famous false left right paradigm rides on....
If those particular labels are of concern to you then I am happy to drop them. The same thing still applies and the same question still applies.
If people were gullible when they believed the stories (I am quite happy to drop the use of the word Conspiracy also) that the Communists were intent on World Domination why should people now be expected to believe the stories that Capitalists, Oil Barons, International Financiers, Global Businesses, or whatever other category you may class them under, are intent on World Domination.

The stories are exactly the same, but the names of the Characters have been changed in order to present it as a different story.
Changing Little Red Riding Hood into Snow White does not create a new Fairy Tale, it’s just exactly the same tale with exactly the same end.
A great deal of fuss with very little bad happening as a result. Personally I think the Wolf got a bad Press from people with an inbuilt hatred of wolves intent on panicking people into exterminating all poor innocent wolves. It just goes to show how even one little girl with an over active imagination can persuade people to panic over nothing.
Fancy expecting people to believe everything was the fault of the Big Bad Wolves sneaking round pretending to be Grandmas. How gullible do they think people are?

fred
19-Jun-06, 10:01
I never realised until yesterday where the "fixation" of one small group running the World originated.

Haven't there always been small groups of people running the world? The royal families who used nationalism, usurers who used money or bishops who used faith. Wouldn't an English prince marry a French princess before marry a commoner of his own nationality? They'd send the peasant off to fight for king and country but themselves owed allegiance only to their own kind.

Take "I'd do it all again" Blair, where is his son now? Is he dodging insurgent bullets in Iraq? No, he's been training on Capitol Hill Washington before studying law at an Ivy League university, you bet he'd do it again. By selling out the people of Britain he's put his descendants among the worlds ruling classes.

Throughout history the people at the top have always grouped together and conspired among themselves against the rest, always put their own wealth and power first, it's no different now than it has always been.

But pith and power, till my last hour,
I’ll mak this declaration,
We’re bought and sold for English gold,
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation.

JAWS
20-Jun-06, 12:25
Haven't there always been small groups of people running the world? The royal families who used nationalism, usurers who used money or bishops who used faith. Wouldn't an English prince marry a French princess before marry a commoner of his own nationality? They'd send the peasant off to fight for king and country but themselves owed allegiance only to their own kind.

Take "I'd do it all again" Blair, where is his son now? Is he dodging insurgent bullets in Iraq? No, he's been training on Capitol Hill Washington before studying law at an Ivy League university, you bet he'd do it again. By selling out the people of Britain he's put his descendants among the worlds ruling classes.

Throughout history the people at the top have always grouped together and conspired among themselves against the rest, always put their own wealth and power first, it's no different now than it has always been.
The World has survived so far so they must have been doing something right.
Dear old Robbie was being a bit two faced there seeing he worked for the Revenue.
If I am being asked to replace one small group with another then I want to know what I am getting before I tear the old system down. I know what I am being told by certain groups that the way things are is wrong.
There is very little detail which is forthcoming about what to replace it with. Who will be in charge? What method will they use to govern? How will they achieve control?
Those who are the most vocal with their complaints are usually doing so because they want like thinking people to be in charge. Convince the people they are being abused, persuade them that they should over throw the current system, then grab power during all the confusion.
Personally I would rather have the Devil I know than some unknown quantity who's methods are totally unknown. Look carefully at what you have already got, assess where it can be improved and take steps to do it. If it goes amiss, back track to the last successful place and try again.
Just destroying something in the hope that something better will turn up is not the sensible way to do things.
The comments about Blair’s son sounds more like envy than a reasonable assessment.
There are quite a few “Men of the People” who like to hide their backgrounds and those of their children to pose and posture as being in touch with the Man/Woman in the Street when they have never had to get their hands dirty.
The only thing some of them know about hard work is what they have learned from books.
As for the ruling class and dodging bullets, was Mountbatten hiding from danger when two of the Destroyers he served on were sunk? Even old “Foot in his Mouth” Prince Philip served on the front line in the Royal Navy during the War. The last King’s brother was killed In an Aircraft Accident at Eagles Rock when he could well have avoided being in the Armed Forces and have been sat with his feet up. (What he was doing, where he was going and all the other guess work does not detract from the fact he was there and was killed.) I have personal knowledge of a Air Vice-Marshals son who was shot down and killed in the Mediterranean.
Pretending that it is only “peasants” who go to war and get killed is good propaganda but all it is in reality is ignoring the facts that do not fit the story being told.

fred
20-Jun-06, 19:26
The World has survived so far so they must have been doing something right.

A lot of people haven't survived, I've just been hearing on the news about two young Americans, their world came to an end, there were another 2500 like them and a hundred times as many Iraqi lives came to an end while oil company profits quadrupled.

How many others have died to protect commercial interests, how many in wars and revolutions, how many from deliberately induced poverty, how many hundreds of millions?

Take a look around, why is Wick harbour empty? Where are the fishing boats what happened to the fish?

The desert is expanding and the ice caps are melting, for man to do so much damage in such a short time is an amazing feat but driven by greed done it he has. That isn't right.

Back in 1993 a little known politician attended a Bilderberg meeting in Athens, a year later he was leader of the Labour Party and three years after that he was Prime Minister but what was the price of his success and who is paying it?

JAWS
21-Jun-06, 00:08
A lot of people haven't survived, I've just been hearing on the news about two young Americans, their world came to an end, there were another 2500 like them and a hundred times as many Iraqi lives came to an end while oil company profits quadrupled.

How many others have died to protect commercial interests, how many in wars and revolutions, how many from deliberately induced poverty, how many hundreds of millions?

Take a look around, why is Wick harbour empty? Where are the fishing boats what happened to the fish?

The desert is expanding and the ice caps are melting, for man to do so much damage in such a short time is an amazing feat but driven by greed done it he has. That isn't right.

Back in 1993 a little known politician attended a Bilderberg meeting in Athens, a year later he was leader of the Labour Party and three years after that he was Prime Minister but what was the price of his success and who is paying it?So now the whole of the Labour Party is in on the Conspiracy as well, the Secret Few keeps growing and growing, next it will be the whole of the voting population of Britain who are involved. Remember who it was who placed Tony Blair in Number 10.

No fish, expanding desert, melting ice-caps and millions starving.
In the last 50 years the World Population has increased from around four billion people to six and a half billion and is increasing by six million more every month.
The World Population, at it's current rate of increase, will double every 40 years and is projected to reach 45 billion by the end of the current Century.

It doesn't take much to work out that shortages and environmental problems are not created by groups of men closeted in Hotels making secret plans but are caused by far too many humans chasing far too few resources.

With respect to the two American Soldier who were tortured to death I will await with interest the results of any enquiries and Courts Marshal carried out by the leaders of the Culprits. Such behaviour is standard practice for Terrorists in the hope that their apologists can inflame public opinion to such an extent that they will cave in and give them what they want. The more horrific they can make it and the more their behaviour is explained away as being the fault of others the better it suits them.
They are quite willing to behave in such a manner whilst complaining bitterly when anybody else puts even one foot wrong.
The more they behave in that manner the greater the reason to aim to prevent them from succeeding.
To run away is only to encourage others to behave in a more outragious manner elsewhere on the grounds that if they have run away once then if we behave even more savagely they will run even quicker next time.

fred
21-Jun-06, 20:25
In the last 50 years the World Population has increased from around four billion people to six and a half billion and is increasing by six million more every month.
The World Population, at it's current rate of increase, will double every 40 years and is projected to reach 45 billion by the end of the current Century.

The rate of increase has been falling since the 1960s.

http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/img/worldgr.gif

It looks to me like population will be steady at just under 10 billion by around 2070.

http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/img/worldpop.gif

It doesn't take much to work out that shortages and environmental problems are not created by groups of men closeted in Hotels making secret plans but are caused by far too many humans chasing far too few resources.

I was in Wick today and I didn't see any shortage of resources, supermarket shelves were all full, lorries full of resources coming and going all the time.

There was a bit on the radio about a shortage of resources but that was in Iraq, apparently they have to queue for days to get petrol.

JAWS
22-Jun-06, 01:43
I was in Wick today and I didn't see any shortage of resources, supermarket shelves were all full, lorries full of resources coming and going all the time.

There was a bit on the radio about a shortage of resources but that was in Iraq, apparently they have to queue for days to get petrol.
Well done fred. I'm glad to hear that the only place in the World with shortages is Iraq. You had better inform the UN so they can stop wasting their time, money and effort on sending aid to Africa and all the other places they send aid to because it is obviously totally unnecessary.
Do I feel guilty about the abundance of resources in Wick? Put it this way, sack cloth and ashes is not my style and just to put things in an equal footing, envy of those who have more than me is not my style either, never has been and never will be.

You are right in correcting the population figures, the ones I quoted were from a "Worst Case" projection. The ones below are taken from the UN's figures which presents "Best Case" projection. Reality so probably somewhere between the two but even the lowest figure means another three billion people in an already overpopulated World and most of that increase will be in areas which already have problems created by over-population.

The number of people living in the world's poorest nations will triple by the year 2050 as world population soars more than nine billion, according to the latest United Nations projections.

The UN population trends report predicts that many richer countries, meanwhile, will see a decline in the size of their populations.

The latest UN figures predict that by 2050 it will be 9.3bn - up from their previous prediction of just under 9bn.

The annual world population growth rate is 1.3% - about 77m people a year. Six countries - India, China, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh and Indonesia - account for half that total.

And with low birth rates in rich countries, only immigration will keep their populations from falling, the report says.

By contrast the number of people living in the 48 least developed countries in the world is expected to triple by the year 2050.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/1194030.stm

A check on the site http://www.worldometers.info/ is also quite enlightening about current World Trends.

fred
22-Jun-06, 09:32
Well done fred. I'm glad to hear that the only place in the World with shortages is Iraq. You had better inform the UN so they can stop wasting their time, money and effort on sending aid to Africa and all the other places they send aid to because it is obviously totally unnecessary.
Do I feel guilty about the abundance of resources in Wick? Put it this way, sack cloth and ashes is not my style and just to put things in an equal footing, envy of those who have more than me is not my style either, never has been and never will be.

There is no shortage of oil in Iraq, Iraq is swimming in the stuff, it's North Sea oil that's running out, it's American oil that peaked years ago. Iraq is the richest country in the Middle East only its people are poor like those countries in Africa where slaves dig diamonds and gold.

It's taking our abundance at the point of a gun we have to feel guilty about.