PDA

View Full Version : Job Rant

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 15:38
Im totally and utterly fed up of applying for jobs and not even getting a reply back... To sit for 3 or four hours filling in details for jobs and hearing nothing back is in my opinion extremely bad mannered and seems to be the way up in Caithness, Does anyone know why? Surly its not hard to type something up on the computer and save it so you can at least send people a reply!!
It gets to me so much as jobs ive applied for in Inverness etc have all send me interviews and replys.
Another thing which gets me is the fact that so called local council wont help with re-housing and have only given us 5 points even though weve been offered employment outside of Caithness very very bad id say Had to say to three companies sorry I cant get moved so I cant take the job.
Other people get handed points on a plate,
Its just not right!!!!

Amy-Winehouse
22-May-10, 16:06
I know there,s nothing more annoying been there know where your coming from !![disgust]

Doreen
22-May-10, 16:39
I totally agree if you go through all the bother to sit for ages filling in an application form and sending it to get no reply is so rude. They would not be worth working for anyway it happens to me quite a lot the job is usally taken before even applying they have to advertise it which is so unfair its dead right its not what you know its who you know

stekar
22-May-10, 16:43
It's not what you know when applying for jobs, it's who you know. And quite a few jobs get advertised even though they've already been filled.

Totally agree with the rudeness of not even getting an acknowledgement. So disheartening.

Hope you do eventually get something.

Agree with the above post, we were posting at the same time!

Bobbin
22-May-10, 18:56
If you're applying for jobs in Inverness when you live in caithness, why is it then the councils fault you cannot get a job? It's about time people took responsibility for themselves and stopped blaming everyone else when everythings not going their way.
Have you thought about how many people are applying for each job that is going and why should a company reply to each individual? What difference would it make receiving a letter to tell you youre not successful?

patsy1
22-May-10, 19:15
I understand that people have to take responsibility for their lives, and l realise that it must be hard to reply to all the people applying, but l understand also where the others are coming from cos its easy to say what difference would it make hearing you have not got the job, WELL, it does cos you just live in hope of the letter, email or phone call that still might come, but by hearing you know for sure where you stand.

Bobbin
22-May-10, 19:21
I think if youve had an interview then you would sit waiting expecting a reply but when its an application there might have been hundreds of other people applying for the same job and you cannot expect an employer to reply to everyone.

Snarfer
22-May-10, 19:31
Maybe consider contacting some of the companies that have not replied and asking for some feedback this may help with future applications and shows that you are keen and can take initiative.

patsy1
22-May-10, 19:42
l think thats a brill idea people should get feed back, thankfully l have not ever been left waiting always been told on the spot, but l can understand people wanting to know so whoever was or is waiting should get on the phone.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 21:17
Excuse me Bobbin but its not the councils fault I dont have a job here but it is the councils fault that I cant get a house near Inverness so I can take the Jobs ive been offered !!
I find it a complete joke that My family are stuck up here with no work, and due to not having anywhere near enough points (need at least 60 I have 5) for another council house, Even though I have given them all the proof they have asked for!! I got told by one of the ladies from the council im really sorry but if you were pregnant etc it would give you more points Ermmmm I wouldnt be able to work then so it would be pointless.
I do blame the council here as they have a very very bad point scoring system and I have appealed and its made no diffrence I cant even rent private with me not working :confused
And as for people not having time to reply if thousands of people apply thats complete and utter rubbish!!
John Gunns Lybster manages to put a wee note in the paper to tell everyone the position has been filled and they thank everyone who has applied its something so simple they do but it means alot to the people that have applied, as its closure and means you move onto your next application as you know then you never got it.
What do you find hard about that Bobbins????? I think you need to open your eyes to whats going on up here instead of saying people should take resposibility, If applying for countless jobs isnt I dont know what it??

I think if youve had an interview then you would sit waiting expecting a reply but when its an application there might have been hundreds of other people applying for the same job and you cannot expect an employer to reply to everyone.

Bobbin
22-May-10, 21:27
Ok, I'm sick of living in Wick too, I'd quite like a job in inverness. What a pity I cannot get the council to rehome me in inverness, how do you go about this anyway? I didnt realise it was up to the council to be at everyones beck and call and put them wherever they want to go.

big kahuna
22-May-10, 21:31
Excuse me Bobbin but its not the councils fault I dont have a job here but it is the councils fault that I cant get a house near Inverness so I can take the Jobs ive been offered !!
I find it a complete joke that My family are stuck up here with no work, and due to not having anywhere near enough points (need at least 60 I have 5) for another council house, Even though I have given them all the proof they have asked for!! I got told by one of the ladies from the council im really sorry but if you were pregnant etc it would give you more points Ermmmm I wouldnt be able to work then so it would be pointless.
I do blame the council here as they have a very very bad point scoring system and I have appealed and its made no diffrence I cant even rent private with me not working :confused
And as for people not having time to reply if thousands of people apply thats complete and utter rubbish!!
John Gunns Lybster manages to put a wee note in the paper to tell everyone the position has been filled and they thank everyone who has applied its something so simple they do but it means alot to the people that have applied, as its closure and means you move onto your next application as you know then you never got it.
What do you find hard about that Bobbins????? I think you need to open your eyes to whats going on up here instead of saying people should take resposibility, If applying for countless jobs isnt I dont know what it??

what a moan you are! why don't you consider renting a house in Inverness yourself, rather than waiting for the council to RE-HOUSE you. i can understand why you don't score many points as you obviously aren't in that much need of a home. if you are in that much demand that companies in Inverness are willing to offer you jobs then i would have thought that you would be able to afford rent.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 21:33
Thank you Each for all your other messages they have ment so much,

Im just really fed up of the way the system is working its all wrong, :~(
I completely sympathise with people that like me sending off hours worth of written applications and getting nothing back, I have also found no-one is happy with just CVs anymore its all 20 page applications they want which makes them not replying even more of a disgrace.

Its quite depressing and it does get you down, its just a shame that hundreds more people have the same problem :(

Im not really sure what the answer to it is as ive tried to completely change my career with new qualifications in hope that it would make a diffrence but it never up here.
But again away ive been offered jobs infact I got one the day I passed But again I had to say im really sorry I cant get moved but I said I would keep looking for houses all the same. I feel like because we have children they are punishing us but then im being told if I have more i ll get more points ???? Excuse me ????:confused

Bobbin
22-May-10, 21:44
Why not just have more children then? It seems to be this thing of the more children you have the more help you get! Maybe its me whos the idiot here.
What's all this points thingy about when the rest of us would have to sell up and buy a house in inverness if we wanted to stay there which would take time and affect the jobs we were applying for too. I just dont get why you think you are so hard done by?

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 21:51
Im a moan am I... Well I wasnt till I saw what was going on up here.
Mmmmm now let me see basic rent in Inverness is £650 thats not including the council tax So thats another £150 a month Electricity about £15 a week on top of that, shopping etc etc
You honestly dont have a clue do you and dont even think about trying to be little me with your comment (( "if you are in that much demand that companies in Inverness are willing to offer you jobs then i would have thought that you would be able to afford rent" )) your completely out of order if you sit and think about everything I have said you will see without massive deposits you cant rent private in or near Inverness the council are ment to be there to help people who are prepared to help themselves specially when it means with time in the job we could then get a mortgage and they could then have there house back.

You shouldnt judge people and situations intil youve experienced situations,Its so easy saying all those things to less fortunate people when you have a company and money,

I hope you send replys to people who apply for your jobs!

what a moan you are! why don't you consider renting a house in Inverness yourself, rather than waiting for the council to RE-HOUSE you. i can understand why you don't score many points as you obviously aren't in that much need of a home. if you are in that much demand that companies in Inverness are willing to offer you jobs then i would have thought that you would be able to afford rent.

PS as it happens i am a contractor in the county who is currently looking to employ personnel. why don't you pm me for my details and then send me your CV so i can consider you for a post?

Bobbin
22-May-10, 21:54
Why do you want to go ther then if it is so expensive? I want to stay in Barbados, i wonder if the council will help me with that?

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:01
You cant see whats happening around you either :roll:
Mmmmm ok you need property to sell in the first place in order to get money Right??
You need a job to get money in order to buy your property Right??

Which means if you cant get a job you cant get money
Not everyone in life was born with a golden spoon in there mouth and not everyone Inherited one So in my opinion its not wrong to want to work for one.
Im not calling you an idiot but dont make thoughtless comments without thinking,
No its not always the way that the more kids you have the more money you have, thats completely wrong thats people making assumptions and looking down from the top.
No I wont be having another child just so I can get another house and if you really think thats the simple answer it would explain why the country is in such a mess.

Why not just have more children then? It seems to be this thing of the more children you have the more help you get! Maybe its me whos the idiot here.
What's all this points thingy about when the rest of us would have to sell up and buy a house in inverness if we wanted to stay there which would take time and affect the jobs we were applying for too. I just dont get why you think you are so hard done by?

Bobbin
22-May-10, 22:04
Ok so youre complaining how expensive inverness is but yet you expect the council to move you down there, yes?

big kahuna
22-May-10, 22:06
Im a moan am I... Well I wasnt till I saw what was going on up here.
Mmmmm now let me see basic rent in Inverness is £650 thats not including the council tax So thats another £150 a month Electricity about £15 a week on top of that, shopping etc etc
You honestly dont have a clue do you and dont even think about trying to be little me with your comment (( "if you are in that much demand that companies in Inverness are willing to offer you jobs then i would have thought that you would be able to afford rent" )) your completely out of order if you sit and think about everything I have said you will see without massive deposits you cant rent private in or near Inverness the council are ment to be there to help people who are prepared to help themselves specially when it means with time in the job we could then get a mortgage and they could then have there house back.

You shouldnt judge people and situations intil youve experienced situations,Its so easy saying all those things to less fortunate people when you have a company and money,

I hope you send replys to people who apply for your jobs!

If Inverness is so expensive then why would you want to move, oops i forgot, you were hoping the council would foot the bill. If you haven't been offered a job that would justify a move then why bring it up here. like i said earlier feel free to send me a pm if you are loking for work

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:07
BECAUSE WE CAN BOTH GET JOBs THERE!!!!! and with a year working we ll be able to get a mortgage ourselves

Why do you want to go ther then if it is so expensive? I want to stay in Barbados, i wonder if the council will help me with that?

Im no adding anymore comment as im so suprised at how small minded your being and I cant believe you cant see the bigger picture.

Im not arguing anymore its a pointless waste of my time specially when Ive lived and seen both sides of the coin.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:13
NO CHANCE - You have spoken to me like a piece of dirt on here and even with how desperatly I want a job you can shove it,
What gives you the right to speak to people like scum OH WOW you have money and this somehow gives you the right to look down on people WRONG!!

I brought it up on here as its a public forum and getting peoples ideas is an important part of living and means being able to re-evaluating things.
Its also better to speak about things than let it all go over your head!

If Inverness is so expensive then why would you want to move, oops i forgot, you were hoping the council would foot the bill. If you haven't been offered a job that would justify a move then why bring it up here. like i said earlier feel free to send me a pm if you are loking for work

Bobbin
22-May-10, 22:16
BECAUSE WE CAN BOTH GET JOBs THERE!!!!! and with a year working we ll be able to get a mortgage ourselves

Im no adding anymore comment as im so suprised at how small minded your being and I cant believe you cant see the bigger picture.

Im not arguing anymore its a pointless waste of my time specially when Ive lived and seen both sides of the coin.I have no intention in argueing with you, there is no argument to be be had here. You were just looking for sympathy and i'm afraid youre not getting it here. Good luck in the job hunting. youre going to need it with your attitude.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:18
Ive applied but ive still not heard back !!! .............

Sorry to heat that things are not going as hoped .Maybe you should apply to be a Councillor .The position good for at least 5 years with all those perks and i'm sure with the £50 grand plus a year, getting a house will be no problem ..

big kahuna
22-May-10, 22:19
NO CHANCE - You have spoken to me like a piece of dirt on here and even with how desperatly I want a job you can shove it,
What gives you the right to speak to people like scum OH WOW you have money and this somehow gives you the right to look down on people WRONG!!

I brought it up on here as its a public forum and getting peoples ideas is an important part of living and means being able to re-evaluating things.
Its also better to speak about things than let it all go over your head!

oh dear i seem to have upset you, many thanx for telling me 'shove it' i hope you do well in your quest for a job (boy are you going to need it) good luck and i hope the council do find you a home in Inverness as Caithness certainly doesn't need someone like you

Anfield
22-May-10, 22:21
This is not meant as a criticism but I can not believe some of the statements that OP made with opening post.

"so called local council wont help with re-housing"
"but it is the councils fault that I cant get a house near Inverness"
"as for people not having time to reply if thousands of people apply thats complete and utter rubbish"

As I do not know you, I cannot comment on your individual circumstances, but perhaps you should take a step back and take a new look at situation.

When you point the finger of blame at someone, you point at that person with one finger.
To whom are the other three fingers pointing at?

As Snarfer posted, maybe it would be a good idea to contact people whom you have had interviews with and ask why you did not get job.

Have you been in touch with Department of Employment (or whatever they are called nowadays) to help you with completing application forms.

Have you consulted your local councillor, or even your new Tory MP.

As for the lack of council properties, look no further than Margaret Thatcher's "Right To Buy" scheme which removed a massive of council properties from the UK housing stock, without rebuilding more homes to replace them.

Good luck

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:21
My attitude isnt the one that stinks !!
Mmm there was no argument till you made one, You just dont like people standing up to you and think you can say what you like and get away with it.
No actually I wasnt wanting sympathy thats where your very wrong ...again. I wanted to see other peoples experiences and opinions, so I could try and understand where they were coming from,

I have no intention in argueing with you, there is no argument to be be had here. You were just looking for sympathy and i'm afraid youre not getting it here. Good luck in the job hunting. youre going to need it with your attitude.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:24
Thank you thats appreciated. it wasnt without good reason

oh dear i seem to have upset you, many thanx for telling me 'shove it' i hope you do well in your quest for a job (boy are you going to need it) good luck and i hope the council do find you a home in Inverness as Caithness certainly doesn't need someone like you

catran
22-May-10, 22:25
Ok so youre complaining how expensive inverness is but yet you expect the council to move you down there, yes?

iNVERNESS IS EXPENSIVE TO BUY AND RENT ACCOMMODATION.

wHERE IN cAITHNESS DO YOU LIVE, COUNTRY OR TOWN?

What work experience and qualifications do you have and why are you unemployed at present. Were you made redundant? Do you have family living nearby to help with child care ect ect..I would imagine the council has a lot to deal with in Caithness all the sixteen years olds getting flats and reaking havoc, single mothers getting rent paid whether private or council and the issuing of all the blue disability badges for the mobility cars, well they are a busy lot and not forgetting all the grants points for the disabled to get new boilers and lordy knows what else so be sensible, only fools work.

It is a shame for those that really try and it is so bad that firms do not reply and it is even worse that no offer of help when you do get a job albeit out of your area but still within the council scope. Hope all goes well for you at least you are trying...Good luck.

Bobbin
22-May-10, 22:32
What is wrong with you that you expect the council to provide everything for you and everything that dosnt go your way is down to them? Get your own life sorted out and stop blaming other people. Big Kahuna offrered you a job and you told him to stuff it. With an attitude like that I'm not surprised youre not working.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:36
Thank you and yes I can see what your saying it was maybe worded wrong,
You dont get interviews never mind replys though thats the annoying bit.

No ive never heard of them, but I get help with the Cvs,

A little note in the paper to let everyone know wouldnt hurt surly,

I said Inverness as thats where the employment offers were from there wouldnt be a point me getting a house to far away.

Its not so much the lack of council houses its the fact its a bent points system thats what is getting me surly you can understand that.

You have definatly made some valid points which i will try and find out about like Department of Employment ive never heard of them but anything is worth trying.

Thank you its appreciated

This is not meant as a criticism but I can not believe some of the statements that OP made with opening post.

"as for people not having time to reply if thousands of people apply thats complete and utter rubbish"

As I do not know you, I cannot comment on your individual circumstances, but perhaps you should take a step back and take a new look at situation.

When you point the finger of blame at someone, you point at that person with one finger.

As Snarfer posted, maybe it would be a good idea to contact people whom you have had interviews with and ask why you did not get job.

Have you been in touch with Department of Employment (or whatever they are called nowadays) to help you with completing application forms.

As for the lack of council properties, look no further than Margaret Thatcher's "Right To Buy" scheme which removed a massive of council properties from the UK housing stock, without rebuilding more homes to replace them.

Good luck

Bobbin
22-May-10, 22:37

Good luckSorry, dosna make sense. i'm not the best at this computer malarky but even after a few reads this iosnt make ANY SENSE, SORRY!

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 22:45
Thank you for your message thats what im getting it why do people punish and look down on the people that try :~( Never been in such a depressing situation in my life and feel loads better after the way some people have treated me on here tonight not.
But thank you Catran for high lightening what Im getting at :~(

Yes very true just seems to be the place with lots of jobs just now for some reason??

Country

What work experience and qualifications do you have and why are you unemployed at present. Were you made redundant? Do you have family living nearby to help with child care ect ect..I would imagine the council has a lot to deal with in Caithness all the sixteen years olds getting flats and reaking havoc, single mothers getting rent paid whether private or council and the issuing of all the blue disability badges for the mobility cars, well they are a busy lot and not forgetting all the grants points for the disabled to get new boilers and lordy knows what else so be sensible, only fools work.

It is a shame for those that really try and it is so bad that firms do not reply and it is even worse that no offer of help when you do get a job albeit out of your area but still within the council scope. Hope all goes well for you at least you are trying...Good luck.

Bobbin
22-May-10, 22:49
Yeah I know how you feel. ive just been paid off myself but I've not got the council or anyone else to blame, I've just got to get on with it eh!

poppett
22-May-10, 23:12
Can you not get a house exchange via the council or housing associations? There is a new system now where one application does for all areas and the local offices have notice boards on which to advertise your needs.

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 23:22
Were on them Poppet, But thank you for the suggestion x

Yea you pay so much a week on some sites and so much a month on other sites I think the council exchange site is £10.95 per 6 months but dont quote me on that.

Amy-Winehouse
22-May-10, 23:36
Talk about kicking someone when there down !! Pretty shocking if you ask me, I know exactly were your coming from with housing points system i applied for a house about 6 months ago in the LOCAL area where i live already !! Because my son has a disability i need a bigger house and i bought the one im in with only 2 bedrooms in it i also have a 1 and a half year old and it is not possible to put them in the same room due to safety reasons,

But i only got thirty points and thats with a medical piorty form and apparently there,s people higher on the list than me because they have decided they dont like the area there in !! thats fair yup of course it is !!

S&LHEN
22-May-10, 23:55
My heart goes completely out to you as I know exactly how it feels specially when you see some of the people that get lots of points and all I can think is why, You start thinking its you and it really gets you down.
I honestly hope that you can get one in my opinion its even more important that you get a house than it is me as I know how awful it must be for you it must be a constant worry for you.
I so wish I could help you but at the moment I cant help myself :~( It might be worth asking for a review (i had no joy) But anything is worth a try.
Thank you for your message though it means alot x

Talk about kicking someone when there down !! Pretty shocking if you ask me, I know exactly were your coming from with housing points system i applied for a house about 6 months ago in the LOCAL area where i live already !! Because my son has a disability i need a bigger house and i bought the one im in with only 2 bedrooms in it i also have a 1 and a half year old and it is not possible to put them in the same room due to safety reasons,

But i only got thirty points and thats with a medical piorty form and apparently there,s people higher on the list than me because they have decided they dont like the area there in !! thats fair yup of course it is !!

Anfield
23-May-10, 00:04
Sorry, dosna make sense. i'm not the best at this computer malarky but even after a few reads this iosnt make ANY SENSE, SORRY!

What bits don't you get?.
Let me know or send me pm and I will do my best to clarify for you.

My previous post did have a little bit of criticism about OP bur I hope that I balanced it out with some constructive criticsm

That is what the general idea of forum is all about. If a person from Caihness ,has a problem, we should all be here to help them.
I know that I will now be criticised of double standards by the "racist bigot" who wants us to pay for her hoilday in China, but some cases are just indefensible

Dadie
23-May-10, 00:06
small suggestion..
can you not get 1 bed in a houseshare or something and work away through the week and come home at the weekends?
Just until something more permanent comes up!
Not ideal I know but if it gives you a good job.... would it be worth it in the long run?

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 00:23
I wouldnt leave my children for the world, For the kids not to see me for a week is not going to benefit them or anyone, I never had them to push them onto agencys and strangers,Where i go they will go no matter what they come first, im sorry if it sounds selfish or strange but at the end of the day I had them to look after them and thats all im trying to do and failing it as it would seem :~(
But if I was child-less I would have done that months back but thanks for the idea though.

small suggestion..
can you not get 1 bed in a houseshare or something and work away through the week and come home at the weekends?
Just until something more permanent comes up!
Not ideal I know but if it gives you a good job.... would it be worth it in the long run?

Dadie
23-May-10, 00:31
It was just a thought....
My dad went back to uni(away from home...to far for weekend visits even) when I was really little and money was really tight!
If its your goal you will find a way ......
Sacrifices now to have a better future, or sacrifice the job front to have more time with family....
dont envy your choices there!
Im at the do I go back to a job I love to not earn any money ... maybe pay out more than I take in...or jack it in stage...and I want to keep my independance...and money too...

richardson.laura
23-May-10, 00:42
have you tried looking further than inverness? glasgow have a completely different housing scheme, you put in bids for houses, a friend did it and got a house within a month and theres a more jobs going further south! its a good system and gives you more control over where you end up. the website is www.homechoicegha.org.uk (http://www.homechoicegha.org.uk) or something along those lines (google may be your friend there)

david
23-May-10, 09:08
Prior to the recent election, priority need was to be abolished in 2012, meaning that the points system for council housing will end. This would mean that everyone applying for housing would be treated the same. How it would work in practice is another thing though....

Angela
23-May-10, 09:56
have you tried looking further than inverness? glasgow have a completely different housing scheme, you put in bids for houses, a friend did it and got a house within a month and theres a more jobs going further south! its a good system and gives you more control over where you end up. the website is www.homechoicegha.org.uk (http://www.homechoicegha.org.uk) or something along those lines (google may be your friend there)

There's a similar system here in Edinburgh:
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/housing/CEC_applying_for_affordable_housingin_edinburgh

The houses available on the Ed Index change every week and you can apply for up to three each time. :)

Certainly more jobs available down here too.

If you don't want to move further than Inverness, HEN, can you not consider renting privately for a while? Once you've got a job you should be able to find somewhere for the short term, and if your income's low the council would still be able to provide some financial help with your rent and council tax.

I do sympathise with your plight, but to be honest there seems little point in applying for jobs where you know you won't get accommodation.

I'm afraid that not acknowledging job applications has been the norm for quite a while -it's usually stated that unsuccessful applicants will not hear any further. :(

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 11:21
Thank you so much I never realised such a thing existed I will definatly be looking into that, I just assumed every city would have been the same hence why I never looked further a field.
I really appreciate that Thank you !!!! xxxx

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 11:23
Thanks for that David, Well I hope it does as I wouldnt wish a situation like this on anyone its a catch 22, Im definate theres a way they could change the points system so that its fair on everyone xx

Prior to the recent election, priority need was to be abolished in 2012, meaning that the points system for council housing will end. This would mean that everyone applying for housing would be treated the same. How it would work in practice is another thing though....

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 11:31
Thank you Angela you and Laura have just hit the nail on the head and im now glad i started the thread as you have both hit the nail on the head. I never realised such things existed I just assumed every place worked under the same system I was just hoping id missed something in my search which I obviously have,
Thank you so much ... Guess what i ll be busy at today :D

There's a similar system here in Edinburgh:
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/housing/CEC_applying_for_affordable_housingin_edinburgh

The houses available on the Ed Index change every week and you can apply for up to three each time. :)

Certainly more jobs available down here too.

If you don't want to move further than Inverness, HEN, can you not consider renting privately for a while? Once you've got a job you should be able to find somewhere for the short term, and if your income's low the council would still be able to provide some financial help with your rent and council tax.

I do sympathise with your plight, but to be honest there seems little point in applying for jobs where you know you won't get accommodation.

I'm afraid that not acknowledging job applications has been the norm for quite a while -it's usually stated that unsuccessful applicants will not hear any further. :(

upolian
23-May-10, 11:48
It is a pain,people who want to work can't get a job,people who seem to be not bothered about working walk into a job no problem.

It's the typical case of 'not what you know,but who you know'

Bad times!

Doreen
23-May-10, 20:31
Having applied to a daycare centre in wick i got shortlisted for an interveiw which i thought i did well they said they would be in touch within a week fair enough 2 weeks passed still no word so by chance thy advertised for a kitchen assistant so i phoned them up and said i was intrested an let them know that do i have to go through all the application again as i have been inteveiwed for the carer job a few weeks ago but let them know that i was still waiting to hear. The woman told me once i gave my name said oh i remember her intrveiwing me she said i sill have you on file so its ok she would considar the application i already had done.She said she would be in touch soon that was 3 weeks ago Mmm dont think i would want to work for them i do notice they are always looking for workers .

catran
23-May-10, 21:00
Having applied to a daycare centre in wick i got shortlisted for an interveiw which i thought i did well they said they would be in touch within a week fair enough 2 weeks passed still no word so by chance thy advertised for a kitchen assistant so i phoned them up and said i was intrested an let them know that do i have to go through all the application again as i have been inteveiwed for the carer job a few weeks ago but let them know that i was still waiting to hear. The woman told me once i gave my name said oh i remember her intrveiwing me she said i sill have you on file so its ok she would considar the application i already had done.She said she would be in touch soon that was 3 weeks ago Mmm dont think i would want to work for them i do notice they are always looking for workers .

Well I suppose if it is a caring role they will have to follow up references, criminal disclosure thingy and all that chazzzzzzz.............Kitchen person well are you dangerous with cutlery?????????

david
23-May-10, 21:20
Thanks for that David, Well I hope it does as I wouldnt wish a situation like this on anyone its a catch 22, Im definate theres a way they could change the points system so that its fair on everyone xx

Theres folks in Caithness lived all there days here and can't get a Council house, yet there appears to be lots of strangers who are in council housing. Speak perfect English- probably are from England. Globilization I think they call it. South of the border they complain about Poles etc thats why we have so many folks migrating up here. Sort it out Cameron/Clegg/J Thurso!!

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 21:32
I know exactly how your feeling and what your going through :~( its what i got told before its not what you know its who you know here :(

Doreen
23-May-10, 21:36
No i have also done health and safty and food hygine.

Doreen
23-May-10, 21:41
Al.so may i add that having been a carer within the community we do have to feed disabled people think i know how to use cutlery

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 21:41
I dont honestly think that will be completely correct, it seems if you have family here reguardless of your situation your straight in with 30 points quite honestly thats true.
People complain about lets say the Polish for instance but no-ones said anything about how the companies exploit and use them, They get treated like slaves in all fairness and i dont think thats very kind or fair :~(
And no im not Polish But I see deeper into situations and i always look at both sides, I dont listen to gossip and I make my own mind up based on facts.
I completely agree though that the points system needs looking at its not working right for alot of people x

Theres folks in Caithness lived all there days here and can't get a Council house, yet there appears to be lots of strangers who are in council housing. Speak perfect English- probably are from England. Globilization I think they call it. South of the border they complain about Poles etc thats why we have so many folks migrating up here. Sort it out Cameron/Clegg/J Thurso!!

S&LHEN
23-May-10, 21:51
Got exactly the same :)

Everyone assumes its an easy job being a carer/nurse but in all truthful ness its hard, tiring and back breaking and can be completely heart breaking and doesnt pay enough or get recognised enough,
But the people that do it care enough about people that they do it for how rewarding it is and seeing how happy that you can make people and you really can single handedly change lives.

Ive changed my career completely since moving up here due to not seeing enough carers job.:(

Al.so may i add that having been a carer within the community we do have to feed disabled people think i know how to use cutlery

catran
23-May-10, 22:05
Got exactly the same :)

Everyone assumes its an easy job being a carer/nurse but in all truthful ness its hard, tiring and back breaking and can be completely heart breaking and doesnt pay enough or get recognised enough,
But the people that do it care enough about people that they do it for how rewarding it is and seeing how happy that you can make people and you really can single handedly change lives.

Ive changed my career completely since moving up here due to not seeing enough carers job.:(

Where did you move from and if you have changed your career since you moved up here why do you need to move again? Did you have a job to come too and did the council give you a key workers house or what. I am getting confused.You have no job, have children desperately looking for a job my goodness what happened? Were you made redundant as what appears to be the name of the game in this region these days. I was under the impression that carers could get a job no bother if they passed the criteria of whatever is necessary nowadays? I think it is dreadful if you camne up here to the wild wooly North under false pretences of jobs ect.I understand your concerns as it is not at all funny when one is so willing to work.

youoldduffer
23-May-10, 22:18
People complain about lets say the Polish for instance but no-ones said anything about how the companies exploit and use them, They get treated like slaves in all fairness and i dont think thats very kind or fair :~(
And no im not Polish But I see deeper into situations and i always look at both sides, I dont listen to gossip and I make my own mind up based on facts.

I'm sorry but i must disagree, minimum wage apply's to everyone no-matter what your nationality or creed, Whats the problem is that british people will complain about doing every little thing where as polish ect will not they do the job you've asked and more.

I agree with the OP it is downheartning when you dont get reply's, I have been back in wick for over two years and have just got a job from the loads I have applyed for, all i can say is just keep at it and hopefully you'll get one too.

Good luck and keep trying.

Doreen
23-May-10, 22:18
Well i have been a carer and an auxillary nurse and it has been the most rewarding job ever but circumstances change i have been a carer for approx 15 years and because of no jobs of that nature at the moment i do a few hours cleaning but id rather work than sit on my backside i feel ive got so much to give and a lot of experience as well as training and its wasted

purplelady
23-May-10, 22:34

Ok have been reading this post and thinking how silly it is to argue over a simple post that was made was not going to comment until single mums were mentioned saying we had our rent paid well i do not have my rent paid i work and i pay FULL rent , it is the same with every council i want to move to perth have ma name down but have been told will probabaly have to rent private to start with x

Doreen
23-May-10, 22:39
S&LHEN WHY IS PEOPLE GIVING YOU SUCH A HARD TIME NEVER MIND THEM I FEEL THE SAME WAY AS YOU DO KEEP SMILING:lol:.

upolian
23-May-10, 22:46
This site is just getting worse and worse! Simple question turned into a daft argument:lol:

richardson.laura
24-May-10, 02:12
Thank you so much I never realised such a thing existed I will definatly be looking into that, I just assumed every city would have been the same hence why I never looked further a field.
I really appreciate that Thank you !!!! xxxx

not a problem :D definately worth a wee lookie!

also agree with purplelady! i am also a single mother, im just about to return to work a week tomorrow after 7 months of a little one! and i pay rent. i would love to take longer with her as she was in hospital for the first 3 but simply cant afford to stay off, as id rather work than go on benefits to provide, im lucky enough i had a job kept open for me, leaving a job then trying to get back into employment is ridiculous, i moved back up here the end of 2008 and didnt get a job for nearly 6 months despite qualifications and plenty experience! job market is a nightmare just now!

feel very lucky for my job atm!