PDA

View Full Version : Newton Woods

scorpion
22-May-10, 14:24
Why do people still persist in taking thier dogs around here just now when it is clearly marked that it is closed due to contamination in the ground . Possibly its because the people doing this are wearing shoes so dont notice the battery acid the same way thier dogs paws will ,and of course then the dogs lick thier sore paws , ingesting some acid into thier stomachs , just something to think about next time you decide to ignore the signs !!

pegasus
22-May-10, 14:51
Good points, best avoided completely! :roll:

Invisible
22-May-10, 15:03
They want to turn into superhero's

Kirdon
22-May-10, 15:42
Why do people still persist in taking thier dogs around here just now when it is clearly marked that it is closed due to contamination in the ground . Possibly its because the people doing this are wearing shoes so dont notice the battery acid the same way thier dogs paws will ,and of course then the dogs lick thier sore paws , ingesting some acid into thier stomachs , just something to think about next time you decide to ignore the signs !!

A good point. But what about the people living around the woods, does the same contaminated water/acid not leak out onto their ground then contaminating the same. I think if it were me I would be asking questions like "where does the contaminated water run to?, is my ground/kids/livestock/dogs safe?". Or is the fence a special magical one that holds back contamination and lets the clean water through?.

wickblast
23-May-10, 15:42
Good job it is not you living near by the woods then if your that worried about it

pegasus
23-May-10, 15:45
should sepa not order the council to clean the area up? Isnt that there job?

Geo
23-May-10, 22:13
Is the contamination actually acid? I thought it was lead from batteries. Wouldn't acid dilute and seep away due to rain?