PDA

View Full Version : Surrogacy

scrabster view
22-May-10, 11:19
Would you be a surrogate Mum?

And how much would you want to do it, ie financially?

dragonfly
22-May-10, 11:31
And how much would you want to do it?

do you mean financially or emotionally?

horseman
22-May-10, 11:32
I can do nothing more than admire the girls who do surragacy,thats a biggy, (in more ways than one) The world that opens up for the recipient!-A family a future, I can't put it into words nor properly visulalise the concept,but I know my feeling.:)

ShelleyCowie
22-May-10, 11:55
I dont think you can say until you are asked.

I think i could do it easier if i was doing it for someone really close to me like a friend or my sister. Actually my sister and me always said we would do it for each other if we couldnt have kids.

Money doesnt bother me, its for the sake of giving a child to a loving family who cant have kids. :Razz

horseman
22-May-10, 12:06
Super reply Shelly.:)

Amy-Winehouse
22-May-10, 16:11
I think the girls who do it are very brave and even though it,s not your baby it would be hard to give it away as soon as you have had it !! Although there is a part of me that would consider it if i could really help someone i think i would think about it. but thats me saying that now i dont really know what my reaction would be if someone came and asked me.

mums angels
22-May-10, 20:47
I have always said that i would do it for my sister ,one of my sister in laws or my best friend but after having four kids of my own i really don't know if i could give the baby up when the time came. Its just a shame that there are so many women out there having babies after babies and not caring for them properly when there is so many women that can't have kids of thier own that would make great parents :(

I wouldnt take any financial payment for doing it, doing it for the right reasons would be enough for me .

marlyn
23-May-10, 00:02
personally i would love to be able to do it - but in reality i would find it very difficult to give up a baby that i had carried for 9 months even if biologically it had nothing to do with me.

As far as I am aware you are not aloud to receive any payment for surrogacy all you are allowed to receive are expenses - I don't think you are allowed to 'make money' out of doing it.

Actually I know a couple who have had a surrogate baby and they begun their journey on this website www.surrogacyuk.org

richardson.laura
23-May-10, 00:12
I agree with the above posts, completing a family would be payment enough, although it would be very hard to give up a baby I had carried, I would like to think in the right situation for the right person I would absolutely do it, awful that theres parents out there who absolutely neglect their children when there are people battling to have one, to the point of investing thousands of pounds on a chance. I can't imagine how awful it must be to want something so much, makes me very sad.

Dadie
23-May-10, 00:20
I wouldnt be able to do it!
Emotionally and Physically it would be too much...
Hats off to those who can and do!
my family is complete but I wouldnt be able to come to terms with giving away a baby I carried for 9mths...emotional ties.
and the physical side of things ...I am diabetic now after having Euan so the medical implications would be high as well as leaving my family without a proper mum for the 9 mnths would be a price to high for me....

lynne duncan
23-May-10, 20:18
would love to do this, but think age would be against me now. the one condition would be that it wouldn't be my egg that was involved so then i could 100% think of the baby as someone elses and me as the oven for the duration. money not a priority but the knowledge that someone else was benefiting would be good

brandy
23-May-10, 20:47
i would like to say i wouldbe able to do it for some one close to me.. i dont think i could do it for strangers. i would always wonder if the baby would be cared for properly. was i doing the right thing.. ect.. it would just be something that would eat away at me and i would never be able to go on without wondering every day where the child i had given birth to was, were they happy and healthy.. ect.. if it was some one close to me i think it would be dif. where i could see the baby and be an auntie.. dont think i would have any problem then.
in a way i would want to say.. not my egg.. but at the same time i think i would be ok to have eggs harvested to help someone have a baby. as convulted as that sounds.
as im diabetic its all academic anyway.. but saying that i would love to have another baby and have thought about suragacy.. not that it would ever happen but its a lovley dream

Invisible
23-May-10, 21:57
I dont think it would be appropriate for me to do so.

BRIE
24-May-10, 11:13
I offered to do this for a friend & for my sister who were both having trouble concieving. My family is now complete so I would happily give someone else the gift of a child if they were unable to carry a child themselves.as for payment a loving stable home with a couple who desperately want a child is enough! :D