PDA

View Full Version : How many forums?

ducati
22-May-10, 09:13
Just interested to know if peeps post on loads of forums or just this one?

I just do this and a technical forum: I've broken my Alfa Romeo again

I tried Motorcycle news for a while but it was full of bikers :roll:

Leanne
22-May-10, 09:20
I have a forum for each of my hobbies - one for marine fish, one for lurcher rescue, one for horses (used to be two) and here. Oh and Facebook too...

I don't check in on all of them every day, the hobby ones I tend to do userCP and see if there are any replies to my threads and then read everyone elses once a week or so.

northener
22-May-10, 09:33
Here, two motorbike forums and occasionaly a lurcher forum.

I used to be on Facebook but I closed the account down as i was sick of wading through pages of people sending me oil for a farm, or wanting help building a pyramid, or inviting me to join groups that worshipped a dead badger, or inviting me to join a group intending to raise a rabble against rabble rousing.

Then there were people who i'd never heard of posting pish about their lives or ranting at someone else. Did me head in.

This place is quite sane by comparison.

arana negra
22-May-10, 10:17

I used to be on Facebook but I closed the account down as i was sick of wading through pages of people sending me oil for a farm, or wanting help building a pyramid, or inviting me to join groups that worshipped a dead badger, or inviting me to join a group intending to raise a rabble against rabble rousing.

Then there were people who i'd never heard of posting pish about their lives or ranting at someone else. Did me head in.

Oh I so agree about Facebook I hate the blloming place so have cancelled mine can't be bothered with it. I am quite a few fora including ones for expats ( I hate the word) also a couple for my hobby .

ducati
22-May-10, 10:31

What do the Lurchers say?

upolian
22-May-10, 11:13
I post on around 11 forums :roll:

horseman
22-May-10, 11:37
Two an the other one is filthy.;)

ShelleyCowie
22-May-10, 12:07
I post on a couple of others. Think its just the 2 tho....my memory fails me! :( [lol]

telfordstar
22-May-10, 13:02
Im just 2 and my facebook.

Fluff
22-May-10, 14:08
I have this one and a Sea Cadet forum. There is one for work I read but I don't post often. I don't have enough time to post on any more lol! I find myself posting on the Org less now. Not sure why, less time to look through all the posts and I don't find it interests me as much as it used to.

pegasus
22-May-10, 15:14
From my experience forums are a waste of time! I try to select a few that are worth my time. Most disintegrate into flame wars and heated arguments! It's too easy to clock up many hours and achieve nothing of value. :roll:

trix
22-May-10, 18:16
i hev a couple o' spiritual forums that i check in on, an a witchy one that i share spells an' ask for advice when i need til.

i da lek facebook either but its handy for 'e instant chat so i can blether til selected people. especially ma pals that da live here.

'e org is 'e numeral uno for me tho, its ma home page ;)

northener
22-May-10, 20:31
What do the Lurchers say?

They're usually banging on about chasing rabbits, but you get the odd nutter who believes there's an elite group of secretive Jack Russels hellbent upon world domination and who are also responsible for introducing fleas, choke leads, dodgy vets and removing lamposts....I'm sure you get the picture.

ducati
22-May-10, 20:38
Do they have this kind of expression? With the doggy equivilent of a tinfoil helmet?

northener
22-May-10, 20:43
Do they have this kind of expression? With the doggy equivilent of a tinfoil helmet?

Got it in one:cool:

Ricco
23-May-10, 16:19
Mostly this one. I do sometimes use an Exam Board forum for technical support.