PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

Blarney
22-May-10, 00:43
This good weather makes you think about holidays but we are undecided what to do or where to go this year. Do we stay in this country with all the uncertainty over ash clouds, BA strikes and troublespots abroad? Where are you off to and what made you choose your destination?

Serenity
22-May-10, 01:34
This good weather makes you think about holidays but we are undecided what to do or where to go this year. Do we stay in this country with all the uncertainty over ash clouds, BA strikes and troublespots abroad? Where are you off to and what made you choose your destination?

Having nearly fainted and been feeling very nauseous in general today I am personally looking for somewhere colder to go on summer holiday. Have to admit this is how I usually feel but feeling the heat this badly already in May has made me think about it more seriously than usual.

Cattach
22-May-10, 08:39

Already holiday bookings are hugely up for this summer for this country. Also was booking caravan sites for July this week - lots are already heavily booked with some in the south fully booked up over weekends.

bullielove
22-May-10, 08:43
We are off to Turkey this year and the reason for this was the price. We found a company where kids go free all year round and not just the off peak times. This will be our last holiday abroad - the price of putting dogs in the kennels is just toooo much. We want to buy an old caravan next year, then dogs will becoming too, though I am sure they will enjoy their holiday this year in the Dunbeath kennels

ducati
22-May-10, 08:51
We are off to Turkey this year and the reason for this was the price. We found a company where kids go free all year round and not just the off peak times. This will be our last holiday abroad - the price of putting dogs in the kennels is just toooo much. We want to buy an old caravan next year, then dogs will becoming too, though I am sure they will enjoy their holiday this year in the Dunbeath kennels

Yep, we load up the dogs and where ever we end up and whatever the weather we all have a great time. Recently many more Hotels take dogs we've found.

Great charity BTW :cool:

brandy
22-May-10, 10:00
my dad is flying across and we are taking a mad cap dash across the UK in a two weeks sprint. been booked for months thankfully so have all the reservations! should be fun if exhausting!

horseman
22-May-10, 11:41
Florida in 3 weeks time.:):):)

ducati
22-May-10, 14:27
You hope :eek:

Serenity
22-May-10, 14:29
So it seems I am the only one who felt Caithness too hot yesterday? Turkey or Florida? I would melt.

ducati
22-May-10, 14:32
So it seems I am the only one who felt Caithness too hot yesterday? Turkey or Florida? I would melt.

Florida has a disgusting climate, 100% humididty and 100 degrees F at this time of year :eek: If it wasn't for Aircon no one would live there.

Kodiak
22-May-10, 14:56
I will be going to the same place I have for the last 10 years. The Golden Sands of Thurso Beach, as I cant afford anything else on my pension. :(

shamrock2007
22-May-10, 16:40
We are off to Majorca at the start of July. Can't wait, kids mega excited :D

im behind you
22-May-10, 17:15
im taking the family to blackpool in october. it may be a bit cooler at that time of year but its cheaper. £300 for a cottage for the week then my tesco vouchers to use to get into all the attractions.

Blarney
23-May-10, 00:18
No I felt it hot too and the worst bit is having to work in it. I can cope with heat when abroad as you can wear suitable clothing which would be entirely unsuitable to wear to work in Caithness!! Think Britain may be a good option this year if the forecast bears out as it's supposed to be a scorcher :D

Dadie
23-May-10, 00:34
Perthshire for 3 nights!
then down to hubbys sisters (near blackpool) for 3 nights...
thats it!
maybe get the tent dusted off and away for a couple of weekends though...as we will be able to take the dog!

starflower
23-May-10, 07:45
Yes i found it too hot yesterday unfortunately was travelling on the train from Inverness thought I was gonna pass out, kids were hot sweaty and grumpy. So if weather continues like this think our holiday will involve travelling in a car to a near destination with all windows open, think the dog would like that too! :)

Ricco
23-May-10, 16:16
We are doing 1 week in a cottage in South Devon - not far from Dartmouth, then driving north to spend another week in a second cottage north of Okehampton, Devon. This one is right on the side of a river - I can fish with a beer in my hand - woo hoo! :D

ducati
23-May-10, 18:23
We are doing 1 week in a cottage in South Devon - not far from Dartmouth, then driving north to spend another week in a second cottage north of Okehampton, Devon. This one is right on the side of a river - I can fish with a beer in my hand - woo hoo! :D

Come to Caithness instead, the fish bring you beer :lol: