PDA

View Full Version : CHaP Handover will destroy community

dozy
21-May-10, 13:43
In the past I have voiced my concerns on the ORG and in the local paper .I did warn the Council of their misplaced trust in Companies when it comes to Reneweable Energy Schemes ,that has now come true in the CHaP project in Wick which has cost and is costing the Taxpayer dearly (the total will be close to 20 million ) .
Now i have to warn the community of Wick that the course of action the Council has embarked on will cause great harm to the community as a whole and to the folk of Pultney in particular.The new company that will take over CHaP will no doubt initially use timber as a fuel but since the gasifier was originally designed to use WDF(waste derived fuel)this means that the community of Wick is being used as a spring board to force communities into incineration/gasifiers to deal with waste. After the council hands over CHaP the community will not be able to stop the new company from applying for a change of licence to burn waste. All the protests and all the shouting will fall on deaf ears as private companies have no masters. It is with regret that the council have yet again taken the wrong road and the taxpayer will be the fall guy.They should have turned CHaP over to a community run charity to safe guard the folk of Wick and their children.