PDA

View Full Version : Pope's visit to cost £15m.....

Phill
21-May-10, 13:21
....and we pick up £7m of the bill! :eek:

The kiddy fiddler in chief is due in his popemobile and during these times of 'economic uncertainty' we pick up a £7m bill!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8692756.stm

'The total bill for the invited visit - without the cost of police and security - is estimated by the Foreign Office to be about £15m. Of this, £7m will come from the Catholic Church, the rest will be shouldered by taxpayers.'

Just what is he up to that costs £15m?

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 13:35
The kiddy fiddler in chief

So that is what he did in his youth! I thought he was in the SS.

ducati
21-May-10, 14:02
Why is the RC church not paying the whole bill? The visit isn't for anyone elses benifit :mad:

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 14:16
He is a head of state, regardless of his position in the Church.

Invisible
21-May-10, 14:50
So if Jesus paid a visit would we have to fork out a lot more in taxes?

ducati
21-May-10, 14:53
He is a head of state, regardless of his position in the Church.

I still maintain no one other than RCs care :Razz

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 14:59

Depends if we elect to give Mr. Dawkins a state funeral or not.

Bazeye
21-May-10, 15:46

Dont you mean tacks?;)

Invisible
21-May-10, 15:55
Dont you mean tacks?;)

well thats not very fair, Jesus doesn't wear shoes

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 16:06
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bob.dunning/icke.jpg

Very true, they are more often known as boots.

annthracks
21-May-10, 16:54

no, we'd just chuck a few nails on the hotel counter and ask for him to be put up for the night.

peedie man
21-May-10, 17:02
only £7m thats money well spent

Anfield
21-May-10, 17:08
only £7m thats money well spent

Quite agree.
Look how much the Windsor mob cost us

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 17:30
If we pay the whole £15 million can we keep him?

jm.mack
21-May-10, 18:21
I find this absolutely ludicrous that we have to foot any part of the bill to bring him here. The Catholic church should pay for the visit entirely. I have absolutely no interest in his visit, which probably is the same as the vast majority of the population, unless of course you are a practising catholic.

A total waste of taxpayers money, yet again.

Andfield
21-May-10, 18:29
Quite agree.

Certainly any visit by the Pope should be paid for by all these philanthropic Scousers who are of that bent and leave the rest of us patriots to support the Windsor family.

The Pope is, I trust, a charity meeting with your approval [lol]

Anfield
21-May-10, 18:57
A total waste of taxpayers money, yet again.

You mean like the £19 million to host a "recession summit" in London last year
or how about the £12.7 million it cost for Gleneagles in 2005?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5884250.ece

It cost £41.5 million to keep Mr & Mrs Windsor in a life of luxury for the year ending June 2009 or £1.33 per tax payer
http://news.scotsman.com/themonarchy/Cost-of-Royal-Family-rises.5410561.jp

Remember we have to foot the bill for these parasites, year after year after year after year

How much does it cost us every time that the US President pays us a visit, usually just before they want British soldiers to shed blood in their illegal wars.

Andfield
21-May-10, 19:35
It cost £41.5 million to keep Mr & Mrs Windsor in a life of luxury for the year ending June 2009 or £1.33 per tax payer

A whole £1.33 per annum each !! - now thats what I call value for money.:Razz
How many parasitical Scousers (and their piggies) could we keep for that amount [lol]

scotsboy
21-May-10, 19:44
Why does the Pope need security anyway??

The Drunken Duck
21-May-10, 19:57
Why does the Pope need security anyway??

In case someone tries to "pope" a cap in his ass.

redeyedtreefrog
21-May-10, 20:04

Should be the first thing to be cut by the new government.

Anfield
21-May-10, 20:24

Should be the first thing to be cut by the new government.

It will not happen.
1st priority for Government is to plan where £6 billion spending cuts can be made.
You can guarantee that the Mr & Mrs Windsor family will not be forced to give up their home and seek a nursing home, just because she has more than a couple of thousand in the bank

Amy-Winehouse
21-May-10, 20:31
no, we'd just chuck a few nails on the hotel counter and ask for him to be put up for the night.

Classic [lol][lol]

Amy-Winehouse
21-May-10, 20:43
Quite agree.

Aye but theyre not renowned for hiding Paedophiles, So Id much rather pay for them through my taxes ( which im not too keen on btw) than take old Ratzi the Nazi on an all expenses paid junket to Sunny Bellahouston Park in September.

The RC church want him here then they should be paying for him .

Jim Murphy most certainly did not speak for me last month when he apologised on behalf of the whole country to his holiness the pope , after the wee incident where some civil servants mocked his forthcoming visit
by saying the pope was gona visit an abortion clinic, bless a gay marriage & och I canna mind what the ither things were ? Did the Pontiff come oot & apologise for all the child abuse his priests have done ? No , well why Not ???
Rant over

scotsboy
21-May-10, 21:33

Aye..........but surely he has no doubts about where he is going in that case........or does he?

Anfield
21-May-10, 22:33
Did the Pontiff come oot & apologise for all the child abuse his priests have done ? No , well why Not ???

Are you sure about that? as the BBC seem to think that he has.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8577740.stm

Have Mr & Mrs Windsor, in their role as employers of staff at their home in London, apologised to the children who were abused by one of their employees over a 30 year period?
Just to remind you:

"..introduced the lad to his Royal employers and took him for tea with the Queen Mother in the late 70s..."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1066171/Buckingham-Palace-butler-ran-paedophile-sex-ring-working-Royal-Family.html#ixzz0obNCP3dr

Andfield
21-May-10, 23:11
This quote from another thread just about sums up my fellow Scouser :

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 23:23

Classic.

:)

Amy-Winehouse
21-May-10, 23:27
Have Mr & Mrs Windsor, in their role as employers of staff at their home in London, apologised to the children who were abused by one of their employees over a 30 year period?
Just to remind you:

"..introduced the lad to his Royal employers and took him for tea with the Queen Mother in the late 70s..."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1066171/Buckingham-Palace-butler-ran-paedophile-sex-ring-working-Royal-Family.html#ixzz0obNCP3dr[/quote]

Did they try to cover it up like yer man did ??? Did they know about it ? If so why has it not been mentioned in the media widescale like the pope & his naughty priests ?

This is like tit for tat tbh, and I find it rather disturbing, but the Catholic church unfortunately imo surpass by far anything that the windsors do or have done in the disgusting stakes & have done for centuries abused the trust & power entrusted to them

Wickbhoy
21-May-10, 23:45
Just to remind you:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1066171/Buckingham-Palace-butler-ran-paedophile-sex-ring-working-Royal-Family.html#ixzz0obNCP3dr

Did they try to cover it up like yer man did ??? Did they know about it ? If so why has it not been mentioned in the media widescale like the pope & his naughty priests ?

This is like tit for tat tbh, and I find it rather disturbing, but the Catholic church unfortunately imo surpass by far anything that the windsors do or have done in the disgusting stakes & have done for centuries abused the trust & power entrusted to them[/quote]

You seem to fancy yourself as well read on the history of the Catholic Church. You should know about the history of anti-catholic feeling in this country as well then. For centuries, British society and media have found the Catholic Church as fair game. Look at fancy dress costumes, nuns, priests, not offensive though a bit of fun, eh?

Unfortunately you find this all rather disturbing, well think about catholics on the org reading some thinly veiled attacks on their faith.

Once again as usual, anti-catholic bigotry in Scotland has found it's voice.

Also as Head of State for the Vatican City, the UK government should be footing the bill, as they do with every other head of state. The Catholic Church has part funded his trip.

Metalattakk
21-May-10, 23:57
Not for the first time, football idiocy takes over.

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 00:19

Oh no, not another person who thinks they know better than football fans. Because of course, football fans sing and shout about things they know nothing about, especially those big bad old firm fans.

Can't football fans have an opinion? There is no mention of football in this thread, so why are you bringing it up?

Yeah I know why, because from my screen name it's apparent I'm a Celtic supporter, which you obviously see as a 'catholic' team.

So my opinion is classed as 'football idiocy', even though everything stated in my post is fact. I have come across people like you all through my life, when they can't say anything back they hide behind these assumptions, like the one you've made about me.

You think I'm on this thread because I'm a Celtic supporter. Just shows how silly it is to presume things about people.

Anfield
22-May-10, 00:19
Just to remind you:

You are not very good at this are you?
When a person has been convicted in a UK court and story appears in the media, like the above case, then you can not cover it up it is in public domain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1066171/Buckingham-Palace-butler-ran-paedophile-sex-ring-working-Royal-Family.html#ixzz0obNCP3dr

Do you think that Billy boy introduced youth in question to Granny Windsor/Battenberg and Mrs Windsor as:
" Morning maam, this is the boy who I am sexually abusing"

For all those org members who think that sexual abuse is purely a Catholic thing, have a look at the following independent web site:
http://sexual-abuse.suite101.com/article.cfm/church-sex-abuse-scandals-are-not-just-a-catholic-crisis

This shows that the protestant church is a lot better at "covering up" sexual abuse than the Catholic church.

Boozeburglar
22-May-10, 00:25
Also as Head of State for the Vatican City, the UK government should be footing the bill

Agree 100%.

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 00:34
Oh no, not another person who thinks they know better than football fans.

I am a football fan.

You're a Celtic fan arguing against a Rangers fan (Amy-Winehouse).

Predictably, you're both reverting to type.

As such, I'm ashamed to be a fan of an Old Firm team, and to be dragged into (and tarred unwillingly with) this religious bollocks that surrounds both our football clubs.

Just give it all a rest, eh?

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 00:43
I am a football fan.

As such, I'm ashamed to be a fan of an Old Firm team, and to be dragged into (and tarred unwillingly with) this religious bollocks that surrounds both our football clubs.

I wasn't aware of Amy-Winehouse's football sympathies, of which I have no interest.

I was commenting on the anti-cathoilc feeling expressed by some on this thread, has absolutely nothing to do with football.

When I do something I'm ashamed of, I try not to repeat it, maybe you should find another team if the 'old firm' upset you so much. However, that's for another thread.

I suggest you're the one that should give it a rest, as you're the only one here who seems to be tarring people with 'religious bollocks', eh?

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 00:48
As a football fan, Wickboy, I suspect that you're no more religious than anybody else.

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 00:58
As a football fan, Wickboy, I suspect that you're no more religious than anybody else.

Wow, you really haven't take in anything I've typed. I've already told you how silly it is to make presumptions about people.

What you 'suspect' is exactly that, complete presumption about me as a person. A presumption which is very strange and has no founding, from what I can gather is you believe that no football fan is religious.

Also, who qualifies as 'anybody else'?

You are extremely difficult to get through to. Anyway, whether I'm religious or not what does that have to do with me expressing an opinion on anti-catholicism?

I'm not black, so if someone is expressing racism against black people I can't have an opinion?

I'll repeat myself here, it's very unwise to presume things about people, you do not know me.

By the way, it's Wickbhoy with an 'h'.

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 01:02
By the way, it's Wickbhoy with an 'h'.

Sorry. I just thought you were illiterate.

Can you explain why "boy" would have an "h" in it?

Anfield
22-May-10, 01:03

Well said Metalattakk, sectarian bigotry has no place on this forum.

But where do I stand?

I am a Catholic, and since the last papal visit 20 years ago, have had to pay, through taxes for security, for the likes of Mugabe, Bush, (both), Pinochet and various other despotic leaders coming to the UK.

Dog-eared
22-May-10, 01:14
The Dhalai Lhama would probably tour Britain for the cost of a rail ticket , munchies and a little protection from crazies.

He's my man ! :D

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 01:15
Sorry. I just thought you were illiterate.

Can you explain why "boy" would have an "h" in it?

Yeah, it's a reflection of the Irish accent of the immigrants and their offspring who founded Celtic FC.

Looks like you need to check the meaning of illiterate.

Anfield, I completely agree, bigotry of any kind should not be tolerated.

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 01:17
Well said Metalattakk, sectarian bigotry has no place on this forum.

But where do I stand?

I am a Catholic, and since the last papal visit 20 years ago, have had to pay, through taxes for security, for the likes of Mugabe, Bush, (both), Pinochet and various other despotic leaders coming to the UK.

Quick question to you Anfield:

Are you a Chapel-going Catholic, or are you a lapsed Catholic.

I see plenty of religious people proclaiming their faith, yet the statistics show that a minute proportion of them actually practice their faith.

I feel it's an important point to make, and consider.

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 01:18
The Dhalai Lhama would probably tour Britain for the cost of a rail ticket , munchies and a little protection from crazies.

I'd pay for the munchies, no probs! :D

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 01:21
Yeah, it's a reflection of the Irish accent of the immigrants

Eh? Can you explain that? Did those immigrants acually say 'b-h-oy' or what?

Please elucidate further.

Serenity
22-May-10, 01:22
I am not reading the last few posts as old-firm rivalries seem to have been brought into it.

I for one think the public funding of this visit is wrong. As a member of the National Secular Society I signed the March petition against it.
Also any arguments saying we pay so much to so and so, so we should be happy to pay for the pope are wrong. Each case has to be taken on it's own merits, not compared to others. As it stands I would like removing all public money going to the monarchy and any rights above any other citizen that they have.

I would like the aids spreading; homophobia, anti womans-rights and kiddy fiddler allower to not be allowed in the country full stop. To actually pay for him to come here makes me sick!

Serenity
22-May-10, 01:23

Like it :)
I seem to have missed a few posts while writing my last one, sorry if I labelled anyone as old firmers in error.

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 01:30
Eh? Can you explain that? Did those immigrants acually say 'b-h-oy' or what?

Please elucidate further.

Sorry, I'm no language expert, so how the 'h' signifies accent I can't properly explain. Same way I can't explain why through and rough aren't pronounced the same.

It was also used as a word to describe Irish immigrants to the USA by US press in the 19th century, but don't know if this spread to Scotland or why they used the word boy with an 'h' added.

Some have also suggested that it reflects the Gaelic background of the immigrants as many Gaelic words possess a silent 'h'.

However, from various conversations regarding this, the accent explanation has been the one presented to me by far the most.

Hope this has helped, if not I'm afraid I have no further knowledge on the word.

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 01:40
Sorry, I'm no language expert, so how the 'h' signifies accent I can't properly explain.

Shockeroonie. :roll:

Anyway, back to the topic.

I personally have no gripe with His Holiness visiting the UK, and I certainly have no issue with half the cost applying to the UK government.

Every penny is worth it to see religious bigots outraged.

Having said that, if his visit was limited to only those who actually attend his church, it'd be a pretty short (and cheap) visit.

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 01:51
Shockeroonie. :roll:

Anyway, back to the topic.

I personally have no gripe with His Holiness visiting the UK, and I certainly have no issue with half the cost applying to the UK government.

Every penny is worth it to see religious bigots outraged.

Having said that, if his visit was limited to only those who actually attend his church, it'd be a pretty short (and cheap) visit.

Love how you disregard 95% of my post in which I attempted to answer your question, in a pathetic attempt at some sort of 'point-scoring'.

Then, conveniently after 7 posts with nothing to do with the thread, you decide to finally post regarding the topic.

I'm going to bed now, you've just made a fool of yourself by stating you really aren't interested in the Papal visit. The real reason you came on this thread was to try to stir up some sort of football hatred like a schoolchild.

I don't know how limiting his visit would reduce the cost? He is a head of state so will be visiting the usual haunts these people go.

Metalattakk
22-May-10, 01:59
I don't know how limiting his visit would reduce the cost? He is a head of state so will be visiting the usual haunts these people go.

Again, I'm omitting the irrelevant parts of your post and concentrating on the part I'm interested in. Don't like it? Tough. Welcome to the internet.

Can you elucidate further on these 'usual haunts'? Seeing as you're in the know and I'm not. ;)

Andfield
22-May-10, 09:02
[quote=Wickbhoy;710227]Yeah, it's a reflection of the Irish accent of the immigrants and their offspring who founded Celtic FC.
Bigotry should not be tolerated

quote]

Not that I use Wiki very often but this just confirms what I learned in my early days in the ould country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Walfrid

Of course this is probably wrong - its on the internet after all [lol]

To agree with Anfield that bigotry should not be tolerated is the best & biggest joke yet - take a look at Anfield's posts and justifications on any subject - undoubtedly he is the most most bigoted miserable being on the .org.
If you are not sure about that have a look in your dictionary for the definition of bigotry.

scotsboy
22-May-10, 09:33
Sorry, I'm no language expert, so how the 'h' signifies accent I can't properly explain. Same way I can't explain why through and rough aren't pronounced the same.

It was also used as a word to describe Irish immigrants to the USA by US press in the 19th century, but don't know if this spread to Scotland or why they used the word boy with an 'h' added.

Some have also suggested that it reflects the Gaelic background of the immigrants as many Gaelic words possess a silent 'h'.

However, from various conversations regarding this, the accent explanation has been the one presented to me by far the most.

Hope this has helped, if not I'm afraid I have no further knowledge on the word.

Does that explain why KELTIC becomes sellick?

As for the Pope, if his visit makes people happy cést la vie, I'm all for people having a good time, even devil worshippers.

horseman
22-May-10, 12:02
No big deal, he is a head of state...Our head of state,an we have one regardless of the neanderthrals, must be accorded the same privlige. Voila.

Andfield
22-May-10, 12:07
Of course its no big deal - only made so by the bigots on both sides of a religeous/political argument

series2A
22-May-10, 12:16
Quite agree.

They are not really Windsors as they adopted this name during WW1 so they had to get rid of their german name (Gotha?) to seem more british

Wickbhoy
22-May-10, 12:54
Again, I'm omitting the irrelevant parts of your post and concentrating on the part I'm interested in. Don't like it? Tough. Welcome to the internet.

Can you elucidate further on these 'usual haunts'? Seeing as you're in the know and I'm not. ;)

He will be received by the Queen and members of the Royal family and giving a speech in the Houses of Parliament.

You should be a politician, you only concentrate on the bits of an argument that you like, not the most mature from of debating.

Andfield
22-May-10, 12:54
So the Windsors are really Goths then ? :Razz

annthracks
22-May-10, 13:37
I think some people should listen to Tim Minchins Pope song on youtube :)

Serenity
22-May-10, 14:16
I think some people should listen to Tim Minchins Pope song on youtube :)

Or just Tim Minchin in general. He talks (sings?) a lot of sense!
Good call :)

Anfield
22-May-10, 14:52
They are not really Windsor’s as they adopted this name during WW1 so they had to get rid of their german name (Gotha?) to seem more british

Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to be precise.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/HistoryoftheMonarchy/KingsandQueensoftheUnitedKingdom/TheHouseofWindsor/TheHouseofWindsor.aspx

As for Phil the Greek, you can see why they use this shortened name when you find he is part of the "Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg" dynasty.
http://en.allexperts.com/e/s/sc/schleswig-holstein-sonderburg-gl%C3%BCcksburg.htm

Also worth noting is that:
The Queen and Prince Philip both have Queen Victoria as a great-great-grandmother.
They are also related through his father's side.
His paternal grandfather, King George I of Greece, was Queen Alexandra's brother.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/TheDukeofEdinburgh/TheDukeofEdinburgh.aspx

Now my scientific knowledge of inbreeding is pretty poor, so I did a search and found the following:

"..when excessive inbreeding takes place, undesirable recessive genes become expressed and genetic defects and disease are more readily perpetuated.."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/)

Need I go on?

mrlennie
22-May-10, 21:51
Who cares as long as it doesn't come out of the tax payers money......oh right...

gleeber
22-May-10, 22:03
The Popes a very important world figure and Britain should give him all the respect his position symbolises.

luskentyre
22-May-10, 23:43
I'm not sure we would welcome any other religious extremists into the country, let alone pay millions for the privilege. If he wants to come then let him, but at his own cost.

Anfield
22-May-10, 23:45
The Popes a very important world figure and Britain should give him all the respect his position symbolises.

I agree, but I sometimes wonder if the Vatican realises what a powerful player they are in world affairs.

There are after all over one billion Catholics in the world, and 14 million Jews, but look at the amount of influence that Judaism exerts over the world. Is this proportionate to numbers of the population?

Let us look at numbers:

Christian 2,199,817,400
of which
Roman Catholics 1,121,516,000
Independents* 433,096,000
Protestants 381,811,000
Orthodox 233,146,000
Anglicans 82,586,000
Muslims 1,387,454,500
Hindus 875,726,000
Chinese universists 385,621,500
Buddhists 385,609,000
Sikhs 22,927,500
Jews 14,956,000
http://www.wholesomewords.org/missions/greatc.html#religions

Why should a minority religion have such a massive influence on the rest of the world.

Choosing Cardinal Ratzinger as Pope was, in my opinion, a regressive move by the Vatican
The Holy See did not like the liberalism of Pope John Paul II and when he died, they wanted a return to more conservative values, hence Pope Ratzinger XVI.
The Vatican should have built on the popularity of John Paul II and brought the church into the modern world with a reform of such policies as contraception etc
I see a lot of things which can be improved, but is that not the same for everything in the world, either on an individual basis or from a Goverment, Corporate or Religious basis.

Aaldtimer
23-May-10, 03:04
I'm not sure we would welcome any other religious extremists into the country, let alone pay millions for the privilege. If he wants to come then let him, but at his own cost.

Maybe the substantial numbers of Roman Catholics in the UK are quite happy for their taxes to contribute to his visit.:confused

Amy-Winehouse
23-May-10, 23:38

Where did I mention football or Rangers or Celtc ??????? Where did WickBhoy mention it ???????????

Amy-Winehouse
23-May-10, 23:40
I am a football fan.

You started it, none of us mentioned football- you did

Amy-Winehouse
23-May-10, 23:51
http://i46.tinypic.com/2d9p57c.jpg

If it was this guy coming to visit as pope- Id have no objections, just I had none with John Paul II . Im sick of being labelled as a bigot by some of you , Im not.

As Ive said on here before, My best friend is a practising R.C does that not register ?
I do not agree with the visit of the current pope, & thanks to Anfield for bringing to my attention the despots we have or rather shouldnt have welcomed to this country in the last few years- thankfully the government has changed & hopefully the thinking has too .

Anfield
24-May-10, 12:02
Maybe the substantial numbers of Roman Catholics in the UK are quite happy for their taxes to contribute to his visit.:confused

I would be more than happy to divert my contribution from the Windsor mob to help pay for the papal visit.

Where do I get the forms?

Maybe the "News Of The World" would pay me £500,000 if I arranged to for one of their "reporters" to have access to the Pontiff.

davie
24-May-10, 13:19
Its going to cost a lot more than your £1.33p contribution to our Royal Family to get His Holiness to visit Skerray [lol]

David Banks
24-May-10, 21:10
If successful, this "plot" might increase the costs and extend the visit.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article7127805.ece

"The American neuroscientist is seeking financial backing for the campaign that is being led by British writers Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. The pair have asked human-rights lawyers to produce a case for charging Benedict XVI over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic church."

Anfield
24-May-10, 21:22
"The American neuroscientist is seeking financial backing for the campaign that is being led by British writers Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. The pair have asked human-rights lawyers to produce a case for charging Benedict XVI over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic church."

I assume these guys have a book coming out and need some publicity for it.
I got it in one.
"The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values" by Sam Harris

Pre-order now from Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Moral-Landscape-Science-Determine-Values/dp/1439171211/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269464167&sr=1-1 (http://forum.caithness.org/Pre-order%20now%20from%20Amazon%20at:%20http://www.amazon.com/Moral-Landscape-Science-Determine-Values/dp/1439171211/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269464167&sr=1-1)