PDA

View Full Version : Quiz 11th june at 8:30

angela5
11-Jun-06, 19:09
Quiz is tonight at 8:30pm, be there.:D

angela5
11-Jun-06, 22:31
Erli was the winner this week and is unable to do next weeks quiz.
Changilass kindly stepped in.:D

have a nice time erli and well done.:D

Moira
11-Jun-06, 22:38
Sorry I didn't make it in this week - I'll be suffering withdrawal sympthoms all week now :(

Well done to Erli for winning again - and good luck to Changilass for next week's quiz.

scorrie
12-Jun-06, 14:22
I have a permanent 15 to 20 second lag on the questions coming up in the quiz. There are always 3 or 4 answers already in when the question arrives on my PC. I am on 2 meg broadband so should not be suffering on that score. Does anyone else get this/know why it happens? I am using Firefox as a browser, would I be better with Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided :o)

DrSzin
12-Jun-06, 16:53
I have a permanent 15 to 20 second lag on the questions coming up in the quiz. There are always 3 or 4 answers already in when the question arrives on my PC. I am on 2 meg broadband so should not be suffering on that score. Does anyone else get this/know why it happens? I am using Firefox as a browser, would I be better with Internet Explorer?Yes.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago - the Chat Room barely works at all with Firefox.

Billy Boy
12-Jun-06, 18:17
I have a permanent 15 to 20 second lag on the questions coming up in the quiz. There are always 3 or 4 answers already in when the question arrives on my PC. I am on 2 meg broadband so should not be suffering on that score. Does anyone else get this/know why it happens? I am using Firefox as a browser, would I be better with Internet Explorer?

it's not any better with internet explorer either,it got so bad we stopped going in[evil]

connieb19
12-Jun-06, 18:29
it's not any better with internet explorer either,it got so bad we stopped going in[evil]I have the same problem. Wasn't Niall going to look into it a while back?:confused

DrSzin
12-Jun-06, 19:31
it's not any better with internet explorer either,it got so bad we stopped going in[evil]It's not very good with IE, but it seems significantly worse with Firefox.

scorrie
12-Jun-06, 23:18
Thanks to all. I'll try IE next week to see if it helps.

Moira
12-Jun-06, 23:22

I have the same probs as you Scorrie, and all the posts following from DrS, Mr&MrsBB & Connie - I'm on BT Yahoo BB - 2 meg - still waiting for the 8 meg update. The scoring system for the quiz has been a bit fairer using the 3,2,1 point system these past few weeks, but the Chat/Quizroom is definitely sadly lacking. Regular quiz members have played host to "the Ghost" a few times over the past few weeks. My understanding is that this Ghost has a connection with the admin of the site & I'd hoped he/she was working on it. We did appeal to Niall on the Techie forum some way back for some improvements here - my best guess is that they're still working on it. Here's hoping!!:)

Edited to include -
Here's the link to the "complaints" made before on the "Techie" forum:-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=8055

krieve
13-Jun-06, 00:29
I had alot of bother on Sunday with loss of connection :~( the screen freezing, not being able to view the questions until everyone else had answered. Sorry Angela for my disappearance i just couldn't take it anymore lol.[lol]

angela5
13-Jun-06, 09:12
it's not any better with internet explorer either,it got so bad we stopped going in[evil]

I use internet explorer, it's rubbish.

angela5
13-Jun-06, 09:14
I had alot of bother on Sunday with loss of connection the screen freezing, not being able to view the questions until everyone else had answered. Sorry Angela for my disappearance i just couldn't take it anymore lol.[lol]

That's ok krieve, you were pretty slow in passing the wine around, i just assumed you drank it all and feel asleep.:lol:

krieve
13-Jun-06, 12:51
That's ok krieve, you were pretty slow in passing the wine around, i just assumed you drank it all and feel asleep.:lol:
No sadly the bottle is still here and Ju had the only drink out of it .