PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

.D.
20-May-10, 11:55
I'm wanting to grow my own fruit & veg in order to sell it within the county.

Can anybody help me whether there's any rules or regulations? Is there any cerification needed? Health & Safety etc?

I've googled the subject & can't find any information regarding the subject. :confused

Help please? Plus would anybody be interested in fresh produce within the county?

Thank you.

D

Leanne
20-May-10, 15:00
What about starting a farmers market. The nearest one listed is Glasgow!

ShelleyCowie
20-May-10, 15:17
I'm wanting to grow my own fruit & veg in order to sell it within the county.

Can anybody help me whether there's any rules or regulations? Is there any cerification needed? Health & Safety etc?

I've googled the subject & can't find any information regarding the subject. :confused

Help please? Plus would anybody be interested in fresh produce within the county?

Thank you.

D

Not sure about rules and regulations.

But i would be interested in buying! Would you run local markets? deliver? Im in Thurso and dont drive.

Things i would be interested in buying are probably more fruit, but also interested in tatties, onions, carrots etc etc

Good luck :Razz

Commore
20-May-10, 18:13
We've been here nearly two years and have found it pretty hard going, in selling our homegrown produce, to the locals, however, we do have a few faithful customers and some interest through the local shops,
as for a farmer's market, well that is another story, the nearest I know of is Wick and then there are a whole lot of rules and regs, as well as health & food safety issues that must be considered.
Good luck though, :)