PDA

View Full Version : Brora 10K

cazmanian_minx
19-May-10, 20:38
Has anyone run in the Brora 10K before?

I'm looking to do my first ever 10K (first ever race actually!) this year and am slightly nervous of turning up on the start line with loads of superfit people who streak off into the distance and I end up trotting slowly in 45 minutes after everyone else (I may be having flashbacks to school here :lol: ). Does Brora attract all levels of runner or is it a fast-paced race? I can see from the Born2Run site that there are some KW14 and KW1 entrants, are you all speedy or are there any ploddy runners like me?

porshiepoo
19-May-10, 20:43
Has anyone run in the Brora 10K before?

I'm looking to do my first ever 10K (first ever race actually!) this year and am slightly nervous of turning up on the start line with loads of superfit people who streak off into the distance and I end up trotting slowly in 45 minutes after everyone else (I may be having flashbacks to school here :lol: ). Does Brora attract all levels of runner or is it a fast-paced race? I can see from the Born2Run site that there are some KW14 and KW1 entrants, are you all speedy or are there any ploddy runners like me?

I've entered it too. I'm certainly not going to be one of the 'faster' runners lol.
I'm hoping the terrain is less hilly than Meys 10k but I'm sure we'll love it all the same.

Good Luck

ashaw1
19-May-10, 21:57
I wouldn't worry about it. I ran the Mey 10k last weekend with only 2 weeks notice and no training at all! At first i was a little bemused by the number of professional runners but everyone was really nice and there were so many people who were doing it for the first time too! There were all kinds of people from pensioners to children and it was definately an experience that i intend to repeat (but with training next time)!

cazmanian_minx
20-May-10, 06:58
Thanks, I shall be brave and have a go then!