PDA

View Full Version : wind farms

onecalledk
19-May-10, 19:23
anybody watching the ONE show on bbc1 , interesting article on windfarms. Talking to someone who has literally got one in their back garden !

Residents of one street complaining of the flicker, headaches, lo level vibration and the strain of living so close to one ...

K

ywindythesecond
19-May-10, 21:16
anybody watching the ONE show on bbc1 , interesting article on windfarms. Talking to someone who has literally got one in their back garden !

Residents of one street complaining of the flicker, headaches, lo level vibration and the strain of living so close to one ...

K
This is interesting. I tried to catch up on the One Show on BBC I and it is not available because:
"You can watch or listen to the vast majority of programmes via the Programmes website within 7 days of their broadcast on BBC TV or Radio. Unfortunately, certain programming, is subject to rights restrictions. For further information on programme availability, frequently asked questions and an active messageboard community please refer to BBC iPlayer Help (http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/)." FAQs didn't help.
Did you see anything on the programme that might have a rights restriction on it ocdk? Did anyone tape it? Where was the windfarm?

badger
19-May-10, 22:28
Lots of programmes are not available to Watch/Listen again and all with the same reason so nothing sinister. I missed Any Answers at the weekend and got the same thing - it's really annoying sometimes.

Green_not_greed
20-May-10, 09:14
This is interesting. I tried to catch up on the One Show on BBC I and it is not available because:
"You can watch or listen to the vast majority of programmes via the Programmes website within 7 days of their broadcast on BBC TV or Radio. Unfortunately, certain programming, is subject to rights restrictions. For further information on programme availability, frequently asked questions and an active messageboard community please refer to BBC iPlayer Help (http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/)." FAQs didn't help.
Did you see anything on the programme that might have a rights restriction on it ocdk? Did anyone tape it? Where was the windfarm?

Suggest you drop an email to the BBC requesting the interview. I've done that before and had a reply within the week with movie clip.

GNG

onecalledk
20-May-10, 09:28
it was somewhere in england not sure where but it was astounding to see the windturbine which was the other side of the guys garden wall! The windturbine people agreed to switch it off when large chunks of ice starting flying off the blades of the turbine and hit surrounding houses.

The guy reporting , cant remember his name, the wee financial guy with the bald head, was pointing out that there is no legal distance for these turbines to be situated from your property. I thought that there was though ? He was advising people to check the planning applications to check if there was an application to build and if so if they objected to let their feelings be known ...

He also pointed out that there were more plans to build turbines in built up areas. One guy who was interviewed stayed on the same street as the guy with the turbine literally at the bottom of his garden. He commented that people visiting him said it wasnt too bad but within an hour or so of being in his house they would start to feel ill. Headaches was the most common symptom.

The other complaint was from the flicker especially on a sunny day with one resident complaining that her living was like "A DISCO". Another couple had had enough and decided to sell their property and stated the value of their house had dropped by about £20K due to the turbine so close by.....

It was unbelievable how close it was to peoples homes, if any part of the blade had come off people would have been killed! the ice was dangerous with pointed shards twice the size of a hand coming off!

The residents had a mobile number to phone if they were experiencing problems but complained that most of the time no one answered it and the turbine was kept switched on 24hrs a day despite being promised it would be switched off at night .......

K

badger
20-May-10, 09:46
Think you can watch it now
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sg920/The_One_Show_19_05_2010/

Is that what you want?