PDA

View Full Version : Should Kenny MAcAskill resign????

golach
19-May-10, 18:59
Kenny MacAskill granted Abdelbaset Al Megrahi, a compassionate pardon 9 months ago, on medical grounds, Megrahi, a convicted murderer is still alive, he when he was released only had 3 months to live!!!!
I think MacAskill was conned, or had an ulterior motive!!![disgust]

By the way I think he should, and take Wendy and wee Eck with him!!

macbreeza
19-May-10, 19:10
I agree, i never thought it was right to free him under any circumstances! I would have left him to rot in jail without treatment if i had my way :)

Ridiculous that someone can be freed from such a sentance under compassionate grounds, there should be no such thing as compassionate grounds for anything involving criminals. Tough matey thats life, hope karma does its thing soon.

Anfield
19-May-10, 20:44
Kenny MacAskill granted Abdelbaset Al Megrahi, a compassionate pardon 9 months ago, on medical grounds, Megrahi, a convicted murderer is still alive, he when he was released only had 3 months to live!!!!
I think MacAskill was conned, or had an ulterior motive!!![disgust]

The latter
Everyman and his dog knows that the reason Al Megrahi was released was because his conviction was unsafe, and he would have been freed on his appeal.

The embarrassment of the Government losing such a high profile court case was too much to bear so a deal was struck.

northener
19-May-10, 23:53
Courts have to work upon the available medical evidence. That's how it works in the UK.

So to force a politician out of office because someone lives longer than they were meant to is a bit odd....

crayola
20-May-10, 00:32
The latter
Everyman and his dog knows that the reason Al Megrahi was released was because his conviction was unsafe, and he would have been freed on his appeal.

The embarrassment of the Government losing such a high profile court case was too much to bear so a deal was struck.I didn't know that but then I don't do blind belief and I'm not a dog. :confused

But I do wonder how much of your speculation was in the minds of the powers that be when he was released.

crayola
20-May-10, 01:02
By the way I think he should, and take Wendy and wee Eck with him!!I suspect you were thinking of Nicola and Wee Eck. :confused

pegasus
20-May-10, 02:17
MacAskill was right to release Mr Megrahi whether it was due to medical reasons or the unsoundness of the convictiuon.

peggy

scotsboy
20-May-10, 08:07
He made a decision based on the evidence that was presented to him on the guys medical condition - don't see why he should resign, I dont think he has done anything wrong.

piratelassie
21-May-10, 00:08
No, he should not resign,

Anfield
21-May-10, 00:33
He was merely a puppet.
The decision to release him was taken at Westminster

scotsboy
21-May-10, 19:45
He was merely a puppet.
The decision to release him was taken at Westminster

..........and your evidence for this is??

Anfield
21-May-10, 20:04
..........and your evidence for this is??

http://megrahimystory.net/

Andfield
21-May-10, 20:32

And you consider that to be evidence [lol][lol][lol].

Cos I read it on the internet it must be right !

Sara Jevo
21-May-10, 21:40
You can't blame the Minister for the medical assessment carried out at the time, surely. He could only go on the prognosis given to him by the experts.

scotsboy
22-May-10, 09:38

Sorry I can't see any evidence that indicates that a minister in the Scottish Parliament was instructed to authorize the release from London.......and even if he was, so what?

Anfield
24-May-10, 13:08
Sorry I can't see any evidence that indicates that a minister in the Scottish Parliament was instructed to authorize the release from London.......and even if he was, so what?

Do you really think that a "minister in the Scottish Parliament" had any involvement in the release of Al Megrahi?

Any important decisions to be made and Holyrood just does exactly what it is told to do by its puppet masters in London, who in turn do what they are told to do by Washington.

Andfield
24-May-10, 13:41
Its obviously all a conspiracy by all the gubmints in the whole world :roll:

Whitewater
24-May-10, 14:01
One short answer. YES.

piratelassie
25-May-10, 01:50
Is,nt it about time the U.K. people dumped the monarchy. After all it is the 21st century.

Andfield
25-May-10, 08:06
Is,nt it about time the U.K. people dumped the monarchy. After all it is the 21st century.

Quite right too - Megrahi for El Presidente [lol]