PDA

View Full Version : BT Vision

Bobbin
19-May-10, 18:27
I've just had a call from BT offering me a box for £15 and then £6.99 a month for a 12 month contract. Does anyone have this and is it any good?

pauline79
19-May-10, 19:10
we have had bt vision for 2 years now and are very happy with it, much cheaper than sky and still get to do the pausing of live tv thing, and set up series recordings, etc. Hope you get on okay with your decision.

charlie
19-May-10, 20:01
Please ensure you internet download connection speed is AT LEAST 2Mb or it won't work.

Kodiak
19-May-10, 20:22
we have had bt vision for 2 years now and are very happy with it, much cheaper than sky and still get to do the pausing of live tv thing, and set up series recordings, etc. Hope you get on okay with your decision.

Sounds not too bad but just how many channels do you receive? Is it the same amount as SKY, ie all the move channels, or are there les channels?

M R
19-May-10, 21:20
We have it, gf couldn't live without it now, the days of watching adverts are gone.

Come in, press pause. cook dinner, now watch all your progs
and fast forward the adverts, record a channel + watch another or, record 2 channels but then have to watch either recorded progs or on demand channels.

Gets the thumbs up from her :)

I guess you have BTBroadband ? if so, chance your hand to push to get the box for free !!!!!!

ShelleyCowie
19-May-10, 21:25
My OH found out we can actually get the box for free because he works for BT. Well he found out a bit late because we just got Sky HD installed! :roll:

Anyways, the BT Vision looks good. A darn sight cheaper than Sky anyways! So when we move, we might consider just cancelling the Sky and get BT Vision. Sky charge a re-installation fee when you move and i refuse to pay the £60 for it!! Rip off.

So i say go for it, i detest paying what i do for Sky! :mad:

northener
20-May-10, 00:26
I've just had a call from BT offering me a box for £15 and then £6.99 a month for a 12 month contract. Does anyone have this and is it any good?

Well, it's not bad I suppose.

But I've got a box you can have for £10.00 and then just £2.00 a month on a 6 month contract.

It's a very nice box, it's from Clarks' shoe shop and was only used to transport my new brogues home in..........

Violetsky
20-May-10, 06:57
I have had Vision for over a year now - its absolutely great - none of this sky box freezing carry on and having to go through the taking card out and turning box off etc etc

Also above and beyond the already mentioned benefits and 70 tv channels, you have a huge library of programmes to watch- On Demand - probably 1000's of them, then there is the Replay option if you have missed\not recorded your favorite soap, along with Channels on demand - which include Discovery - Warner(all the good US progs on here)- History - National Geographic and I have just found that there is a new Sony Entertainment channel - it also looks brill.

On the one occasion that I have called the Vision Helpdesk, which is in the UK, they were great - the problem turned out to be down to the Digital upgrades going on.

So all in all this is a superb service - cant believe its from BT!!!!

PS - if you get your bills online, you get approx £1 per month off the tarrif

The Angel Of Death
20-May-10, 10:34
What annoys me is there is no multi room feature i have two box's and cant have them plugged in and recording at the same time i can view tv and all that but the two box's seem to sync up and record the same programs rather than record programs independantly of each other

Given how sky are pushing the multi room feature you would think bt would be doing the same but they dont seem interested in it

phil_moonbeam
20-May-10, 11:24
have had it since it first was launched its excellent on demand is great so is replay have the film package too much better than sky have it linked up into 2 rooms 2 boxes but you can only use one at a time but recomend bt vision 2 anyone

Cattach
20-May-10, 18:59
I have Sky. Family have BT Vision. No comparison, Sky 'miles' better.

Kodiak
20-May-10, 19:31
We have it, gf couldn't live without it now, the days of watching adverts are gone.

Come in, press pause. cook dinner, now watch all your progs
and fast forward the adverts, record a channel + watch another or, record 2 channels but then have to watch either recorded progs or on demand channels.

Also above and beyond the already mentioned benefits and 70 tv channels,

Only 70 Channels with BT, look at the Hundreds that you get with sky and all the fantastic HD Channels.

Pause Live TV, Record 2 Channels at the same time, Fast forward over adverts or stuff you dont want to watch, Watch Anytime TV, over 20 Movie Channels + all the Movie HD Channels, More shopping channels than anyone else, over 40 Radio Stations, 28 Sports Channels, 30 Channels for Children, SKY Box Office and lots more than that. Also the Multi-Room can not be beat, I have Multi-Room and can watch whatever I like in either room at the same time.

No matter how good you think BT Vision is, it still has to go a long, long way before it will ghet anywhere near as good as SKY :D

Anfield
20-May-10, 19:46
What football coverage is available with BT Vision? and how does it (football coverage) compare, price wise, with Sky

ShelleyCowie
20-May-10, 20:00
Only 70 Channels with BT, look at the Hundreds that you get with sky and all the fantastic HD Channels.

Pause Live TV, Record 2 Channels at the same time, Fast forward over adverts or stuff you dont want to watch, Watch Anytime TV, over 20 Movie Channels + all the Movie HD Channels, More shopping channels than anyone else, over 40 Radio Stations, 28 Sports Channels, 30 Channels for Children, SKY Box Office and lots more than that. Also the Multi-Room can not be beat, I have Multi-Room and can watch whatever I like in either room at the same time.

No matter how good you think BT Vision is, it still has to go a long, long way before it will ghet anywhere near as good as SKY :D

I agree completely about them being nowhere near as good as sky!

But i can honestly say i only watch about 30 channels regularly on sky and gosh knows how many im payin for. Thats the bit that bugs me

If i could pick and pay for the channels i actually watch that wud be grand :Razz

Kodiak
20-May-10, 20:29
I agree completely about them being nowhere near as good as sky!

But i can honestly say i only watch about 30 channels regularly on sky and gosh knows how many im payin for. Thats the bit that bugs me

If i could pick and pay for the channels i actually watch that wud be grand :Razz

As the Author Robert Heinlein says, "Tanstaafl" or "No such thing as a free lunch" To me SKY is well worth what I pay, I don't smoke or drink and don't get out much and since this is the only entertainment I have I am more than happy to pay. I love the HD Channels specially the Movie HD Channels :D

M R
20-May-10, 20:40

It's plenty for most, tell me how many channels do you need in a day ?

Only reason i considered sky was because of our pathetic reception, still not enough to waste £50+ a month for 10 HD channels and a million others of mostly utter crap to just flick through all night.

;)

Kodiak
20-May-10, 20:58
It's plenty for most, tell me how many channels do you need in a day ?

Only reason i considered sky was because of our pathetic reception, still not enough to waste £50+ a month for 10 HD channels and a million others of mostly utter crap to just flick through all night.

;)

£50 + a Month and only 10 HD Channels, you do not know what you are talking about.

I get 33 HD Channels and all the other channels. The only thing I do not get is the SKY Sports Channels as there are enough Free Sports channels for me, but I get everything else. I also have Mult-Room and get exactly the same on the 2nd Box.

All for less than £50 a month

I admit I do not watch 70 channels in a DAY but I do watch more than 70 Different Channels in a Month. At least I have the choice to watch any of the Hundreds of Channels I receive. It is nice to have a decent choice.

Macwull
20-May-10, 21:09
Weve had Vision for 2 years and its been a pretty good service, comparing it to sky is prob not best as its more focused at entertainment on demand with just freeview channels.

BT just launched a NEWER box at the end of last year its black and more stylish, apart from that its a slight downgrade as the RF out wont send Vision to other rooms, Ive enjoyed BT vision but because the lack of HD (apart from buying movies at £4 a shot or a couple o documentaries(all of which you have to download)) and the lack of multiroom I have since installed SKY HD.

The new box was an ideal oppertunity to be at the forefront of the new freeview HD and also entice more customers with a multiroom package but they just dont seem to listen to demand where sky seem better. Bt seem to do themselves no favours.I would like to stay with BT only but its just lacking, they have a great concept but just struggle to deliver the perfect package.
I currently have the replay service (£2.99) which gives me free access to BBC, Channel 4, ITV & 5 programmes much of what you would find on iplayer and the like.

Other than that reliability is prob e same as a sky box, sometimes the BT box can be plagued with V04 or NR01 errors but SKY HD is playing up right now too (Modern Technology!)

I would recommend it to anyone that doesnt feel the need for HD programming and multiroom abilities.

M R
20-May-10, 23:18
At least I have the choice to watch any of the Hundreds of Channels I receive. It is nice to have a decent choice.

I am so jealous

Bobbin
23-May-10, 10:03
Thanks for the replies. I think I probably will take up the offer, that is if they phone back.