PDA

View Full Version : How stupid can you get?

Invisible
19-May-10, 13:01
I was selling my phone on ebay and got an offer to buy of £120. It was acceptable so phone sold. Good times.

Then I get 3 emails in the space of 7 minutes asking to retract the bid, retract the bid, I didn't want to buy it I only wanted to look. Next email said cant buy it, no money.[evil]

1. Why put an offer on if you don't want it.
2. Why put an offer if you can't afford
3. This is now the third time ive relisted the phone due to non-payment

Boozeburglar
19-May-10, 13:41
Sorry, I just couln't make my mind up.

Have you tried restricting the people who can bid?

:)

Invisible
19-May-10, 13:44
Sorry, I just couln't make my mind up.

Have you tried restricting the people who can bid?

:)

Didn't know you could if I'm honest.

Vistravi
19-May-10, 14:35
Didn't know you could if I'm honest.

I think you can. I know that you can make sure that no one with 0 feedback bids on it. not sure how its done though. Best to get in touch with ebay themselves.

macbreeza
19-May-10, 14:43
you can put restrictions on such as paypal only etc I only ever sell through pay pal because it's less hassle. There are a lot of idiots that waste your time I know but that's ebay for you!

onecalledk
19-May-10, 14:56
once you have bid and won you enter into a contract to buy that item. Report them to ebay for non payment ....

I wasnt aware that you could get out of not paying without ebay doing something to your account ?

there are numerous reminders BEFORE bidding that you are actually entering into a contract to buy when you press the bid button therefore the "i was only looking " ... wont wash with EBAY.....

good luck

K

bish667
19-May-10, 16:13
once you have bid and won you enter into a contract to buy that item. Report them to ebay for non payment ....

I wasnt aware that you could get out of not paying without ebay doing something to your account ?

there are numerous reminders BEFORE bidding that you are actually entering into a contract to buy when you press the bid button therefore the "i was only looking " ... wont wash with EBAY.....

good luck

K

Think you'll find ebay wont care, it would be up to the person that sold the item to go their own way about getting the money, ie small claims court. Ebay wont chase the money from the buyer.
Could be wrong about that but thats what I was under the impression would be the case.

ducati
19-May-10, 17:05
I had the same think with a Motorbike last year. Just put it down to experience and report the bidder so you can get your final value fee back. :roll:

On the whole I have found ebay a good experience, the odd fly in the ointment I can live with.

onecalledk
19-May-10, 21:17
Think you'll find ebay wont care, it would be up to the person that sold the item to go their own way about getting the money, ie small claims court. Ebay wont chase the money from the buyer.
Could be wrong about that but thats what I was under the impression would be the case.

I have only ever done it the other way round, sent back an item and the firm then didnt reply, ebay recovered the money for me out of the firms paypal account...

K

Invisible
19-May-10, 21:40
That ebay member has been reported. I have now another bidder with no feedback purchased the phone, ill wait 4 days to see if payment comes.

M R
19-May-10, 21:52
You can set it so people who buy it now, have to pay immediatly, if not the transaction doesn't go through ???

Can't remember how, but i purchased items which had this option.

Every sale, i add:

Buyers with less than 10 feedback need to contact me 1st before bidding.
UK Buyers ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or bid will be removed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Had numerous dodgers in the past asking to post to nigeria and all that tosh. Becomes well annoying.

Rictina
19-May-10, 22:10
GRRRrrrrrrrr

I have no time for E-bay, it does my nut in, [lol][lol].

George Brims
20-May-10, 03:06

Had numerous dodgers in the past asking to post to nigeria and all that tosh. Becomes well annoying.
However do spare a thought for those of us outside the UK who ask to have stuff shipped to our British relatives, for pickup next time we're over. The Mrs is fond of certain ceramic type knick-knacks and they are a fortune to post internationally.

scotsboy
20-May-10, 08:05
You can set it so people who buy it now, have to pay immediatly, if not the transaction doesn't go through ???

Can't remember how, but i purchased items which had this option.

Every sale, i add:

Strange as it may seem people all over the World use Ebay. It is annoying when people put postal restrictions on items - I get round this by using Aramex PO boxes in USA and UK if sellers wont ship to the Middle East..........but as George says it can be expensive.

Thumper
20-May-10, 08:08
Sometimes the mistake can be genuine,my son was looking at stuff on ebay and I was signed in,he clicked the buy it now by mistake and rather than get neg feeback I had to go ahead and pay for the blooming item!Although that may have been bloomin clever on my sons part lol x

ducati
20-May-10, 08:09
Sometimes the mistake can be genuine,my son was looking at stuff on ebay and I was signed in,he clicked the buy it now by mistake and rather than get neg feeback I had to go ahead and pay for the blooming item!Although that may have been bloomin clever on my sons part lol x

What was it? :lol:

Thumper
20-May-10, 08:12
A lumping great big bar of kendall mint cake :roll: x