PDA

View Full Version : Stack overflow error message?

mrsmo
19-May-10, 08:28
Was on Facebook and I got an error message pop up.
"Stack overflow at line 26" and then line 27, its happened before and it went away but this time it just kept repeating itself?
What causes this and how do I stop it??
Help!!!:eek:

Bobinovich
19-May-10, 09:04
Got exactly the same while on FB last night so just shut down my browser and started a new session - worked fine after that!

fred
19-May-10, 09:13
Was on Facebook and I got an error message pop up.
"Stack overflow at line 26" and then line 27, its happened before and it went away but this time it just kept repeating itself?
What causes this and how do I stop it??
Help!!!:eek:

If the message is on a web page then the problem is on the server not your computer.

dx100uk
19-May-10, 13:09
as most Facebook pages tend to have a lot going on, with ads, applications, media, etc., it would seem a likely candidate to incur the most occurrences of issues like stack overflows. For starters, you could try to run IE without Add-ons to determine if that might be causing your problem. To do this:
Go to Start, then
All Programs, then
Accessories, then
System Tools and click
Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

Try relaunching and going to Facebook. If this works, you likely had an incompatible add-on installed. If not, are you running some kind of antivirus software? There have been many cases of stack overflows caused by A/V, malware, spyware, etc. It wouldn't hurt to try disabling it to test out the potential cause. You could also try resetting Internet Explorer, but be sure to have your favorites, passwords, etc. backed up before you do. To do this:

click Start</B> http://support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/VistaStartButton.jpg
Type the following command in the Start Search</B> box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl
The Internet Options</B> dialog box appears.
Click the Advanced</B> tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings</B>, click Reset</B>. Then click Reset</B> again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close</B> in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings</B> dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

Let us know if this helps!

dx

mrsmo
20-May-10, 15:12
just shut the browser and started it up again, it worked after that.

thanks again.