PDA

View Full Version : Tiresomely talkative

Commore
18-May-10, 19:32
We've all met at least one in our lives.

People whose whole "point of being" is in living for the "pub" and whose demand for attention from the landlord, made obvious from noon until dusk,
starting with some pleasant banter,
but quickly degrading as the "tipple takes hold" and bolder thoughts and beliefs,are spoken out loud.
Garralous gossips, rants about everything from their own own business to everyone else's business and further sinking into the inevitable oblivion causes confusion to everyone but the ranter.

The barman smiles,
appreciative of the fact that the twerp on the other side of his bar is spending so much money, that he the barman can afford a quick jaunt to Barbados or some other far flung place,

The twerp, blissfully unaware of the thoughts and beliefs of his audience,
as he carries on regardless.

What a fool, the bottle makes of the tiresomely talkative chappie, whose neighbourly chatter and worldly woes led him into the bar.

Aaldtimer
18-May-10, 19:45
Then gently scan your brother man,
Still gentler sister Woman,
Tho' they may gang a kennin' wrang,
To step aside is human:
One point must still be greatly dark,
The moving Why they do it;
And just as lamely can ye mark,
How far perhaps they rue it.

Who made the heart,'tis he alone
Decidedly can try us,
He knows each chord it's various tone,
Each spring it's various bias,
Then at the balance let's be mute,
We never can adjust it,
What's done we partly may compute,
But know not what's resisted.

Robert Burns
The address to the unco guid, or rigidly righteous:eek:

northener
18-May-10, 20:07
We've all met at least one in our lives.

People whose whole "point of being" is in living for the "pub" and whose demand for attention from the landlord, made obvious from noon until dusk,
starting with some pleasant banter,
but quickly degrading as the "tipple takes hold" and bolder thoughts and beliefs,are spoken out loud.
Garralous gossips, rants about everything from their own own business to everyone else's business and further sinking into the inevitable oblivion causes confusion to everyone but the ranter.

I didn't realise you knew me, Commore......:Razz

Margaret M.
18-May-10, 20:14

I know a few who are this way when sober.

Kenn
18-May-10, 20:55
I must have been misinformed, I thought that was what a pub was for,the more drinks sunk, the easier it is to solve all the world's problems,create a few conspiracy theories,not listen to any one else and the voice volume get louder.

Bazeye
18-May-10, 21:39
I must have been misinformed, I thought that was what a pub was for,the more drinks sunk, the easier it is to solve all the world's problems,create a few conspiracy theories,not listen to any one else and the voice volume get louder.

And dry humping strangers.