PDA

View Full Version : More PC madness

Bazeye
18-May-10, 17:22
Taxi drivers in Blackpool have been told they will have their licences to operate revoked, if during the World Cup, they display anything with the word England, the Cross of St.George or the Three Lions shield on the grounds that it may offend some people. Meanwhile flying from Blackpool Town Hall is the Gay Pride flag. What other country would put up with this? Why is it ok to be proud of being gay and not ok to be proud of your country?[disgust]

Andfield
18-May-10, 18:06
Why is it ok to be proud of being gay and not ok to be proud of your country?[disgust]

'Cos it just is - right :mad: [lol]

The Drunken Duck
18-May-10, 18:13
Why is it ok to be proud of being gay and not ok to be proud of your country?[disgust]

Simple. Take up Morris Dancing and do both !!

See ..

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6427/morrisdancers03.jpg

Phill
18-May-10, 21:30
What happens if yer a gay footyball supporter and print 3 lions over yer rainbow flag???

Assuming it falls into the PC stereotypes to be gay and support football, but that will probably get somebody's knickers in a a twist just to suggest such a thing. OMG knickers in a twist, what a sexist thing to say, jeeze, I just dunno when to stop. Don't mention prima donna footballers and their flamboyant dives 'cos they missed the ball.........We should just ban football then we can't offend anybody can we, in fact lets ban all competitive sports then we can't be accused of upsetting anybody by supporting somebody. We can all be in the 'closet' secretly being supporters of whatever sport and nationality we follow (within the UK of course, fine elsewhere). There will be backstreet clubs, behind closed doors where a secretive knock will allow access to watch your 'national' team carry out their 'obscene', 'sexist', 'racist', 'homophobic' sport. But!....then there will be the 'outings'...you will be outed as some kind of 'nationalist supremacist' because you support your national team in a competitive sport between nations. Hmmm, now that is multicultural.

Tubthumper
18-May-10, 23:10
Taxi drivers in Blackpool have been told they will have their licences to operate revoked, if during the World Cup, they display anything with the word England, the Cross of St.George or the Three Lions shield on the grounds that it may offend some people. Meanwhile flying from Blackpool Town Hall is the Gay Pride flag. What other country would put up with this? Why is it ok to be proud of being gay and not ok to be proud of your country?[disgust]
I'd say it's more about what happened to live and let live?
The sad thing is, it's probably because some twisted little jock with an attitude problem that's caused this. You know, some Scottish folk can take the 'anyone but England' thing too far...

Metalattakk
18-May-10, 23:18
The sad thing is, it's probably because some twisted little jock with an attitude problem that's caused this.

I love a good bit of irony, so I do.

Aaldtimer
19-May-10, 02:33
Simple. Take up Morris Dancing and do both !!

See ..

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6427/morrisdancers03.jpg

So all Morris Dancers are gay huh?

You ever tried it?

I have...took about a fortnight to recover!!

As for the Rappers...just check out their knuckles!:eek:

Bazeye
19-May-10, 09:34

You ever tried it?

Rapper MC Hey Nonny Nay.

RecQuery
19-May-10, 10:30
I love a good bit of irony, so I do.

LOL, indeed. My irony detector just overloaded. Wide sweeping generlisations FTW it seems.

I find any rampant patriotism or pride in a sub-culture etc slightly disturbing. Plus English nationalism has certain racist connotations. Until someone gets rid of those negative connections its never going to be alright. Also do you have a particular hatred of homosexuals to use them as an example. Remember you don't justify bad behaviour by point to worse.

Anfield
19-May-10, 13:41
"..A council leader is to say sorry to a pensioner after England flags she strung across a street were cut down.

Doreen Carnelley, 74, said she had put the full-sized flags across Sturgeon Avenue, Nottingham, to mark the World Cup which starts next month
The city council cut the rope and left the flags on her hedge. Officers said it was illegal to attach items to street lights and complaints were made.."

But attaching political posters to street lamps is ok?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8691257.stm

The Drunken Duck
19-May-10, 14:02

You ever tried it?

Does that guy look Hetero ?? .. :D

Is it possible to make a joke on here without someone getting "outraged" about it ??

ducati
19-May-10, 17:49

Is it possible to make a joke on here without someone getting "outraged" about it ??

No, how long have you been here? :lol:

Aaldtimer
19-May-10, 17:52

Oh DD, you think that's "outrage"...for an ex crabfat you must have had a sheltered life!:roll: