PDA

View Full Version : Talk Talk called ID

unicorn
18-May-10, 13:38
Just out of interest are any orgers experiencing problems with their talk talk caller ID on the phone, I called last week and though it was fixed but again today it says external call or nothing at all. It does intermittently show a number though.
I know my mum is having same problem in Thurso so wondered if we are just unlucky or if it is a general problem the last couple of weeks.

ShelleyCowie
18-May-10, 13:40
Just out of interest are any orgers experiencing problems with their talk talk caller ID on the phone, I called last week and though it was fixed but again today it says external call or nothing at all. It does intermittently show a number though.
I know my mum is having same problem in Thurso so wondered if we are just unlucky or if it is a general problem the last couple of weeks.

Im not with talk talk but i have the exact same problem! instead of the number it says "external call"

Doin ma nut in!! :mad:

unicorn
18-May-10, 13:41
How long has it been happening mine has been about 2 weeks but was ok for a couple of days.

ShelleyCowie
18-May-10, 13:43
About the same, when i reset my hub it is fine for a day then the same thing happens again. :(

Glad its not just me that is havin the problem!

Invisible
18-May-10, 13:43
Maybe its cos Talk Talk have recently bought Tiscali, perhaps teething problems

unicorn
18-May-10, 13:50
I am hoping this thread will give us an idea, as shelley is not with talk talk so maybe an exchange problem.

ShelleyCowie
18-May-10, 13:51
Maybe its cos Talk Talk have recently bought Tiscali, perhaps teething problems

But im not with either of them. Its all BT i have here. :(

mum23boys
18-May-10, 14:11
same happening to me caller not displayed just get "calling" Im with BT...

Kodiak
18-May-10, 18:45
I am with BT and having problems at all, all ID's are showing correctly.

dragonfly
18-May-10, 19:47
I'm BT and having the same, comes up as CALL no number, thought it was just of caller id viewer playing up as its a few years old

Buttercup
18-May-10, 23:30
I've also been having problems for the last week or two. Intermitently showing ID, but mostly just saying "Incoming call". Have BT line rental/caller display but calls with TalkTalk. Phone BT tonight and chap had me testing the line by unscrewing main phone socket and plugging phone straight into it internally. It worked so he told me it must be a problem with one of the filters. Will reserve judgement to see what happens over the next few days.

Moonboots
20-May-10, 08:28
Im with Tiscali (Talk Talk) and im having the same problems since a few weeks.. I did think it was the filter.. changed it but still happening... I thought it might have been my phone so now i know it isnt..lol

ShelleyCowie
20-May-10, 08:43
Im with Tiscali (Talk Talk) and im having the same problems since a few weeks.. I did think it was the filter.. changed it but still happening... I thought it might have been my phone so now i know it isnt..lol

Do ya think it would be an exchange problem then since its not just 1 person? Surely all them microfilters couldnt break at the same time.

I hate no havin my caller ID, cant decide who i want to ignore! [lol]