PDA

View Full Version : Need small storage favour in Wick

orkneylass
10-Jun-06, 12:27
Hi there

You are sometimes so lucky to be in a beautiful, unspoilt part of the world that still counts as "the mainland". So many businesses deliver free or for reasonable charge to the UK mainland, but things get silly when you ask them to quote to the isles.

I am building a house in Orkney and getting some things delivered is a problem :(- I need a friend in the Wick area with space in a garage or similar who would be prepared to accept deliveries. I would them come over for a day in my car and pick stuff up, as well as visiting your new homebase etc (Is it good???)

Anyone able to help??? Happy to pay a fair fee or bring you a bottle of Highland Park! Or deliver something over from Orkney.
:lol:
Mary Anne

Ali
10-Jun-06, 18:01
Is it a lot that you want to store?
Through my work we have a truck going to Orkney every week. I'm sure the driver would help out for small fee.

Ali

orkneylass
10-Jun-06, 18:39
Could you PM me with your contact details? Would you be willing to have things delivered to your business address? I am looking at things like boxes of ceramic tiles, which are not bulky but are heavy and quite fragile.:eek:

stekar
10-Jun-06, 18:53
I've sent you a PM