PDA

View Full Version : My duck

the grudge
16-May-10, 22:09
MY DUCK KEEPS SORT OF FALLING OVER BUT HE CAN WALK FINE BUT JUST SEEMS NOT TO BE STABLE SOME TIMES ON HIS LEGS. I HAVE TAKEN HIM IN WITH A FRIEND SO THAT HE COULD GET A REST ON HIS LEG I HAVE HAD HIM IN FOR A COUPLE OFF DAYS AND STILL NOT STABLE ON HIS LEGS AND I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE WHAT WRONG WITH HIM I THOUGHT HE MITE HAVE JUST HURT IT BUT NOT TO SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!!! :confused

Stefan
16-May-10, 23:28
Vet ?
They tend to know why animals are unwell ;-)

the grudge
16-May-10, 23:50
hes not un well hes eating and drinking like a normal duck just as i he doesnt want to walk .

Liz
16-May-10, 23:53
Stefan is right in that it would be best for you to take your duck to the Vet.

It could be a problem with it's leg but then again it could be a problem with balance so best to get it checked out.

Hopefully, it won't be anything bad.

the grudge
17-May-10, 00:05
thanks for all the replys :)

puffin croft
17-May-10, 19:02
ducks very often hurt their legs as their knees ar'nt very strong ,females when its mating season and the drakes are climbing on and off all the time often get a limp.i put them away quiet somewhere for a week and it usually clears up on its own.is there any swelling in its knees?

the grudge
19-May-10, 18:08
thanks for the reply he has been mateing with the girl a bit ago but he still falling over he was on his back the day bec he fell i no there legs are not strong so i think thats the problem. doesnt seem to back had speek to the vet but they were ok so i been keep an eye on it and just seeing how he goes . :)

Liz
19-May-10, 18:13
I had a couple of ducks years ago which had actually been intended for Christmas dinner but they became pets who lived to a grand old age.:lol:

Sadly though their legs had been so tightly bound that it left one with a permanent bad leg and she used to totter a wee bit but didn't bother her much.

Hopefully, as puffin croft says, rest will help.:D The homeopathic remedy Arnica is great for sprains etc so maybe you could put some in the drinking water?