PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ronnie James Dio

zappster
16-May-10, 21:58
Very very sad Ronnie passed away today..One of the greatest voices in Rock

Tubthumper
16-May-10, 22:55
I'm broken. An amazing talent has gone. A decent bloke as well.

Julia
16-May-10, 23:58
Dream On Dio....

Metalattakk
17-May-10, 00:25
In the misty morning, on the edge of time
We've lost the rising sun, a final signThe world is a little darker today than it was yesterday.

RIP Ronnie.

\,,/

Boozeburglar
17-May-10, 01:34
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fender
17-May-10, 07:15
Very sad news indeed. One of rock's greatest singers with an amazing vocal range.

buddyrich
17-May-10, 07:44
Long live dio!

jimi1981
17-May-10, 09:28
One of the greatest frontmen in rock. Am glad i got to see him live a couple of times. Will be blasting out a bit of Sabbath today in his memory! [evil]

David B
17-May-10, 10:33
Rainbow Rising and Heaven and Hell are 2 of the best albums in rock. They truly stood the test of time.

And I loved his contribution to the charity single Stars by Hear'n'Aid (from the mid 80's) - which I listened to on my i-pod just a couple of weeks back.

Oops, showing my age again.

BonsBalls
17-May-10, 11:57
RIP Ronnie was fortunate enough to see DIO live a few years ago in Glasgow Carling Academy

We Rock

The Pepsi Challenge
17-May-10, 13:53
I wonder if he'll end up in Heaven or Hell?

killarifts
17-May-10, 18:26
R.I.P Ronnie , your not funny pepsi challenge i'd say thats a bit sick .

Tubthumper
17-May-10, 21:22
I daresay RJD would have seen the funny side... after all he did make his fortune based on those very concepts!

Any road, wherever he is I bet the house band is good...

The Pepsi Challenge
18-May-10, 01:35
Indeed, Tubthumper. T'was no slight on the great man at all. I'm sure fans and those aware of Dio's conceptual musicales would understand said comment was not intended as a sick joke. The world of rock is a grayer place without him.

Boozeburglar
19-May-10, 02:44
Och that's bang oot of order Pepsi, it will be a worse place no a gra'yer place.

I only saw Dio once at Donington, and I reckon he was as cool as heck.

For personal reasons I can't ever think about him in Sabbath but Rainbow worked for him.

It is totally bad that he died.

robglysen
19-May-10, 07:10
I'm not as familiar with his work as I should be to be honest, but i'll definetely be going through his work on youtube this evening.

We're stars and hungry for heaven were just amazing songs.

I thought he'd been on the mend and no news was good news....alas.

buddyrich
20-May-10, 14:26
Rainbow and Dio were his highlights. Man On The Silver Mountain is incredible as is everything on Holy Diver, even though it has that treacherous, traitorous villian Vivian Campbell on it.

Tubthumper
20-May-10, 20:21
I dug out me old vinyl Rainbow Rising and gave it full pelt on the record player ...

:~( sighs

Update - Been relegated to the headphones. Side 2, Stargazer, extended outro... "My eyes are bleeding" says M'lord Dio.

After three times through,"My ears are bleeding" says Ms Thumper.

Oh dear, that's another pillowcase ruined.