PDA

View Full Version : tatoos has any one had 1 done from troy

transit
16-May-10, 20:41
in west banks avenue wick is he any good

im behind you
16-May-10, 22:11
my wife got one done not a bad job as it happens. so thought i would get one done on my wrist. gave him a text got things rolling went and seen him got sized up picked a design.and told me he would text me with a time and day to come back but that was 4 weeks ago.

superceltic
16-May-10, 23:34
as a friend of troys i know he is flat out but we shall pass ur message forward and hopefully he will get in contact with you soon :)

Tinkerbell09
16-May-10, 23:43
One of my mates has had a few tattoo's done by him, and they look pretty good!!

fender
17-May-10, 07:12
Didn't know there was a shop in West Banks Avenue. How much does 'Troy' charge fr his his/her services free. I sense this is another illegal non tax paying 'business'.

riggerboy
17-May-10, 07:32
Didn't know there was a shop in West Banks Avenue. How much does 'Troy' charge fr his his/her services free. I sense this is another illegal non tax paying 'business'.

o ye o little to do, get a life

thebigman
17-May-10, 10:34

Yep and an unlicenced one.

Fran
17-May-10, 10:37
the tatooist is coming up from dingwall, he has an advert in Haldeans

telfordstar
17-May-10, 12:24
Yep and an unlicenced one.

Is this a fact or just blatent crap!

riggerboy
17-May-10, 14:30
o my god call in the army and the police and the navy and the boys brigade for wick has a terrible secret that will have all a ghast, never before has such a act been unleashed by the devil himself you can smell the sulphur from haster and as far afield as thrumster, we have a ; wait for it, this will knock you bandy, your not going to believe this, honestly,are you ready for this, o just to much, we have an

unlicenced tatooist,

well its a bloke up westbanks with a wee sideline doing mostly his mates how very dare he

im behind you
17-May-10, 16:59
maybe you should get a tattoo of thrumster done

Connor.
17-May-10, 17:36
In my opinion, if the guy is practicing with sterile equipment and is a good artist I don't see any bother.

The most annoying thing about people who are unlicensed and do tattoos are the ones who just buy a kit off the internet and start giving them out willy-nilly. Not only are the tattoos going to be there the clients whole life, they've more than likely have no understanding about anything behind the profession.

I knew a few people up here did a couple of tattoos and quite frankly they were not exactly the greatest pieces of art nor were they hygenicly done.

I've heard good things from this Troy fellow and wish him best of luck, but for me I'd rather go to a parlour to get mine done, in a hygenic enviornment with hygenic equipment.

Fri_13
17-May-10, 17:50
i was there today pickin my design,seemed a fine guy,am gettin mines dun on friday:)

Julia
17-May-10, 17:58
i was there today pickin my design,seemed a fine guy,am gettin mines dun on friday:)

Post a photo so we can all have a deek will you?

Fri_13
17-May-10, 18:41
yeah no bother julia will do:)

Murph
17-May-10, 20:02
Hello can any one give me troys number please;)

jac1791
17-May-10, 21:48
got my last one done in dingwall and cant wait to go back, hope he does come to wick , could even manage an extra one that way!

superceltic
18-May-10, 22:32
just to rectify some comments which is all complete and utter bulls*** troy is FULLY LICENSED! he had his own premises in Edinburgh and is looking for premises in wick, his tattoo gun is a proffesional tattoists gun, he has been a tattoist for almost 20 years, he disposes of his needles in a wee yellow bin which is for needles and gets picked up by who ever does that...cant remember. Hope that helps the people who havent got a bloody clue what they are speaking about......and he does sterilise all his equipment.....

BillyEspie
18-May-10, 23:16
well now that i know that someone up here does tattoo's i might get his number or that from anyone who is willing to let me have it and i will get a tattoo by Troy, just a matter of will he do any design Hmmm can anyone pm his number please, i will give him my money and support him

ShelleyCowie
18-May-10, 23:29
Gosh i would love a tattoo right now!! Just gotta pop this sprog and finish feedin....then off til get a tattoo!!!!!!!!!! :Razz

fender
19-May-10, 07:15
just to rectify some comments which is all complete and utter bulls*** troy is FULLY LICENSED! he had his own premises in Edinburgh and is looking for premises in wick, his tattoo gun is a proffesional tattoists gun, he has been a tattoist for almost 20 years, he disposes of his needles in a wee yellow bin which is for needles and gets picked up by who ever does that...cant remember. Hope that helps the people who havent got a bloody clue what they are speaking about......and he does sterilise all his equipment.....

You seem well in the know. Where can this be verified?

Crackeday
19-May-10, 10:08
You seem to jump to conclusions even though its obvious that people on here are better informed and KNOW the guy rather than assume its a non tax paying business?
You better find out all the people who do favours/homers and start complaining about them too!!!![evil]

superceltic
19-May-10, 12:27
You seem well in the know. Where can this be verified?

By visiting troy......before he starts your tattoo he opens the needle packageing infront of you, his tattoo station is all sterile and very clean!

He has folders apon folders of designs and if you simply cant find the one you are looking for tell him what u fancy and he will draw one up for you.

why dont people go see him rather than posting complete and utter crap on here! bet half the stuff wouldna be written on here if you had to put your name to it!!

If anyone would like his contact details pm and ill pass his mobile number on or alternitvly if any orgers are on bebo add him his name is troy rush. I am away on holiday for a week so i am not ignoring any private mails.

Plum.
19-May-10, 14:20
My friend had one done by him.. the design looked great but the tattooing itself wasnt that great. She has had it done for about 5 months and the ink has faded and the colouring is gone and the outline of the tattoo is all cracked and broken. It has nothing to do with the way she has looked after it as she has done everything that she should of done to have looked after it properly. She will have to pay further £60 to get it fixed.
Rumour has it that he has actually been watering down his ink??

fender
19-May-10, 18:26

I'll look forward to visiting the shop once it opens.

fender
21-May-10, 07:11
By visiting troy......before he starts your tattoo he opens the needle packageing infront of you, his tattoo station is all sterile and very clean!

He has folders apon folders of designs and if you simply cant find the one you are looking for tell him what u fancy and he will draw one up for you.

why dont people go see him rather than posting complete and utter crap on here! bet half the stuff wouldna be written on here if you had to put your name to it!!

If anyone would like his contact details pm and ill pass his mobile number on or alternitvly if any orgers are on bebo add him his name is troy rush. I am away on holiday for a week so i am not ignoring any private mails.

Brilliant. The turkey is hardly going to vote for Christmas.

mama2
22-May-10, 01:43
Do you have to be licenced with the council aswell for these types of businesses? I'm sure I read somewhere that tattooists & body piercers etc all had to be licenced by their local councils.

fender
24-May-10, 19:06
Interesting advice -http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/news/newsreleases/2008/October/2008-10-08-02.htm

Nacho
24-May-10, 20:27
Troy obviously doesn't like publicity, not a thing about him online, even his bebo is set to private.

i've seen a few of his tattoos, one lad had a full arm celtic pattern and it looked so so, another one had a cross with some script around it that was completely unreadable.

i don't rate him and the fact that he doesn't have an online portfolio of his work says it all.

superceltic
31-May-10, 19:22
no he doesnt water his inks down......you would know if the inks were watered down when he is tattooing you by looking at it, commen sense :roll:

well no point downing troy if you havent had a tattoo done or if there is anything wrong with a tattoo wouldnt it be best to contact troy direct instead of moaning about it on here? i have known troy for a long time and am yet to see a bad tattoo, he has portfolios at home. He doesnt need all the flashy advertisement as word of mouth is better, especially in these small narrowminded parts of the woods. Hope this clears a few things up for people. And to all the people so interested in licenses, contact troy yourselfs to arrange a time so you can all view his licenses :lol:

Serenity
31-May-10, 20:04
I didn't see Nacho mention any flashy adverts. Just some online presence, something to give it a little more authenticity.
I do not think this is a narrow minded place. I know loads of people with tattoos etc around here, including myself.

Is there some kind of official department we could get to look into this business? Just to clear it up once and for all? This is not an attack on Troy, after all if his business is professional and legitimate he has nothing to fear from a tax check and an environmental health (or whatever the equivalent in the body mods world is) check? In fact he has everything to gain.

telfordstar
31-May-10, 22:04
I didn't see Nacho mention any flashy adverts. Just some online presence, something to give it a little more authenticity.
I do not think this is a narrow minded place. I know loads of people with tattoos etc around here, including myself.

Is there some kind of official department we could get to look into this business? Just to clear it up once and for all? This is not an attack on Troy, after all if his business is professional and legitimate he has nothing to fear from a tax check and an environmental health (or whatever the equivalent in the body mods world is) check? In fact he has everything to gain.

Bit rash that eh, why would someone go out of their way to go and do this? Someone with no life and too much time on their hands. If you are so interested pay the guy a visit and see with your own eyes what you want to see instead of writing it on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nacho
31-May-10, 22:20
He doesnt need all the flashy advertisement as word of mouth is better, especially in these small narrowminded parts of the woods.

how on earth can 'word of mouth' be better than showing us some pictures, and since when has advertising online been 'flashy' ?!

were talking visual here and as they say, 'a picture paints a thousand words'

i've also seen another victim of Troy's who now has his first initial tattooed on either side of his neck.
for nearly all respectable tattooists, the face, neck and hand areas are off limits, they'd rather lose business than give a customer a tattoo they'll likely regret in years to come.

i got in touch with Spacey at Bizarre Ink in Edinburgh who's done my tattoos and he's never heard of Troy.
Edinburghs a small town and if Troy was a tattooist of merit for 20 years in Auld Reekie then Spacey would have heard of him.

are you sure he wasn't serving 20 years in Saughton and tattooed a few knuckles while he was banged up ?!

sorry, joking aside, get Troy to post some pics on here and then we can move on and chew another bone.

Nacho
31-May-10, 22:24
just to add, i'm sure Troy is licensed and uses clean needles and proper ink etc
but from what I've seen, his tattoos are of poor quality.... which was the original question.

telfordstar
31-May-10, 23:03
Lol your post made me laugh what a sad loser!

Serenity
31-May-10, 23:15
Well even if he is licensed and a good tattoo artist I will not be giving him my custom if he has such rude friends as telfordstar and superceltic.
Nothing wrong with asking for evidence of these things and when you respond in such an offensive way it only adds to the idea something might be being hidden here.
No online presence, friends who get that defensive when asked, no one in his home town who knows him. All adds up to dodgy to me.

Would be no skin off his back to prove me wrong.

Serenity
31-May-10, 23:21
Bit rash that eh, why would someone go out of their way to go and do this? Someone with no life and too much time on their hands. If you are so interested pay the guy a visit and see with your own eyes what you want to see instead of writing it on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not that interested. I have no plans of getting a tattoo in someones front room with possible watered down ink while abusive friends stand around.

Now, just maybe, if he showed some of his art online and proved he was legit he would get more customers.

But while all we get is people name calling and over using exclamation marks I do not have high hopes.

telfordstar
01-Jun-10, 08:29
I am not that interested. I have no plans of getting a tattoo in someones front room with possible watered down ink while abusive friends stand around.

Now, just maybe, if he showed some of his art online and proved he was legit he would get more customers.

But while all we get is people name calling and over using exclamation marks I do not have high hopes.

Wow that musto took a while to come up with that wee rant!!!!!!!!!!( by they way those are all just for you), cannot be bothered with the punctuation police crap yet again I post as I please, get over it.

Just to clear up I an NOT a personal friend of troys, yes I had a tattoo done by him but that was it. I really hate folk picking on the crappy things and especially when the blokes not here to defend himself.

groater
01-Jun-10, 09:21
telfordstar could you not post a picture of your tattoo done by troy?

telfordstar
01-Jun-10, 11:13
Sure thats no problem, bearing in mind its on my right arm so took it with my left hand(in right handed) Ive tried adding pic as an attachment ni idea if its worked.

telfordstar
01-Jun-10, 11:14
Sorry its not clearer to show proper detail its kinda hard using my left to take a pic!

Nacho
01-Jun-10, 15:06
Sure thats no problem, bearing in mind its on my right arm so took it with my left hand(in right handed) Ive tried adding pic as an attachment ni idea if its worked.

thank you telford for finally confirming my opinion with your picture :lol:

superceltic
01-Jun-10, 19:00
as its a - PUBLIC FORUM - i will indeed say what i like, as many other orgers on here i cant be bothered with sad people bitching on here like a 10 year old, perhaps if you do indeed have any issues you would like to raise then the best solution would be to pay troy a visit, that would put a stop to all the sleepless nights people seem to be haveing regarding his tax donations etc.

As for viewing his work he has folders apon folders with his OWN work and designs, also pictures on his bebo if you add him on bebo he will accept.

And the last time i checked Edinburgh was indeed a city :roll::lol:

golach
01-Jun-10, 19:07

Yes I can confirm that Edinburgh is a city, with more tattoo parlours than pubs, there are nearly two tattoo shops to every street [disgust]

Nacho
01-Jun-10, 20:22

i'm quite aware that edinburgh is a city, i lived there for long enough, calling it a town is in reference to its 'new town' and 'old town' areas.

anyway, this debate has been drawn out so long you've been reduced to mocking my geography skills.

the OP asked if Troy's tattoos are any good, i say he's not, you say he is, Telfordstar kindly showed us her tattoo, which unfortunately displays no obvious skill or talent, so there you have it. End of.... or not if you want to argue that her tattoo is great then go ahead.

telfordstar
01-Jun-10, 22:31
i'm quite aware that edinburgh is a city, i lived there for long enough, calling it a town is in reference to its 'new town' and 'old town' areas.

anyway, this debate has been drawn out so long you've been reduced to mocking my geography skills.

the OP asked if Troy's tattoos are any good, i say he's not, you say he is, Telfordstar kindly showed us her tattoo, which unfortunately displays no obvious skill or talent, so there you have it. End of.... or not if you want to argue that her tattoo is great then go ahead.

What are you slevering about no skill or talent!!! the tattoo was done to my exact spec, colour lines, design all he had to do was follow what i wanted which is what he did, i can say without a doubt that pic was crap but trying to take a pic of the hand you write with and use is pretty darm difficult, feel free to arrange to see if for yourself if you please how it looks to the normal eye, but i guess that wont happen.

Nacho
01-Jun-10, 22:50
What are you slevering about no skill or talent!!! the tattoo was done to my exact spec, colour lines, design all he had to do was follow what i wanted which is what he did, i can say without a doubt that pic was crap but trying to take a pic of the hand you write with and use is pretty darm difficult, feel free to arrange to see if for yourself if you please how it looks to the normal eye, but i guess that wont happen.

if you're happy with the tattoo then that's great, my point is though that it doesn't demonstrate the best of Troy's skills... if indeed he has any.

this thread is like picking a scab, no pun intended, but i can't leave it alone.
the reason being is that superceltic and yourself are recommending Troy as a tattooist, yet i've seen the evidence to suggest not.
were not debating who makes the best chips or pizza in Caithness, were talking about people getting permanent pictures on their bodies that will live with them forever and that is something which can't be done lightly and certainly not by word of mouth.

to quote superceltic ' i have known troy for a long time and am yet to see a bad tattoo'

and herein lies the problem, superceltic is obviously blinkered by their friendship to see that Troy's tattoos actually aren't that great. either that or superceltic hasn't seen any great tattoos in her time to compare them to.

take a look at Bizarre Ink's website,
http://www.bizarreink.co.uk/gallery.asp
this is the kind of work i definitely would recommend.

please bare in mind that I've seen Troy's work and have yet to see one that looks okay, never mind great.

Bazeye
02-Jun-10, 11:27
thank you telford for finally confirming my opinion with your picture :lol:

What picture? Have I missed something?

dragonfly
02-Jun-10, 11:41
yep, TS removed it for some reason

unicorn
02-Jun-10, 11:41
Great site and this made me say wow http://www.bizarreink.co.uk/gallery-details.asp?fldBizInkCatID=8&index=5

telfordstar
02-Jun-10, 12:07
Yip I removed it, nacho really peeved me off with his critisism and really really wasnt in the mood for anymore.

flash
02-Jun-10, 12:25
Looked fine to me (other than being a bit blurry) If you like it, thats what counts, sod every one else.

telfordstar
02-Jun-10, 13:19
Looked fine to me (other than being a bit blurry) If you like it, thats what counts, sod every one else.

Thank you flash Im delighted with it so not really bothered about what everyone else thinks, lol I know it was hard to take a pic with my left hand!!!

ShelleyCowie
02-Jun-10, 14:04
The thing is, IF you do not want a tattoo done by someone who isnt doing it in a shop....then dont. If you do then go to the place you desire!

I had 3 tattoos done in alness that now im not overly joyed about but i still love my tattoos. And i had my boyfriend do 1 right here in our house! It was our sons name, and after i have next baby and stop feeding he is doing that babys name for me too. Because its something between the 2 of us!

I chose that i wanted my OH to do it, he happily obliged! He is an excellent artist, has tattooed himself and me. But will NOT do anybody else.

He has looked into getting a shop, contacted the council and local police and they have confirmed its ok for him to have the needles as long as he isnt charging. Simple!

Each to their own i say! And the tattoo that my OH done is the best one i have! Lines are excellent. No infection as all necessary hygiene requirements were met. So there ya go! :Razz

telfordstar
02-Jun-10, 15:00
The thing is, IF you do not want a tattoo done by someone who isnt doing it in a shop....then dont. If you do then go to the place you desire!

I had 3 tattoos done in alness that now im not overly joyed about but i still love my tattoos. And i had my boyfriend do 1 right here in our house! It was our sons name, and after i have next baby and stop feeding he is doing that babys name for me too. Because its something between the 2 of us!

I chose that i wanted my OH to do it, he happily obliged! He is an excellent artist, has tattooed himself and me. But will NOT do anybody else.

He has looked into getting a shop, contacted the council and local police and they have confirmed its ok for him to have the needles as long as he isnt charging. Simple!

Each to their own i say! And the tattoo that my OH done is the best one i have! Lines are excellent. No infection as all necessary hygiene requirements were met. So there ya go! :Razz

I knew you had strong opinions about tattoos and was waiting for you to reply. Your post is very well put Shelley well done you :) there are some right s on here at the mo!

Serenity
02-Jun-10, 15:13
I agree Shelley, good post. Big difference is though that he is doing it for you and him only. This other guy is charging members of the public.
I also agree if people want to use the service fair enough. ALL I am saying is if Troy has nothing to hide what's all the fuss here about? Why are his friends getting so defensive? That's what I don't understand.

ShelleyCowie
02-Jun-10, 15:36
I knew you had strong opinions about tattoos and was waiting for you to reply. Your post is very well put Shelley well done you :) there are some right s on here at the mo!

Lol! Sorry it took me so long, wasnt sure if what i had to say would have mattered before now but i have been following the thread.

I just think get it done the way you want it, if the individual is happy with the tattoo then thats great! Its not everybody else you have to please but yourself! :D

I agree Shelley, good post. Big difference is though that he is doing it for you and him only. This other guy is charging members of the public.
I also agree if people want to use the service fair enough. ALL I am saying is if Troy has nothing to hide what's all the fuss here about? Why are his friends getting so defensive? That's what I don't understand.

Thanks Serenity, i think Troys mates are trying to defend his name maybe? Cant be sure. iv never met Troy and didnt actually know there was someone doing them up here. Would love to see some more of his work though.

Serenity
02-Jun-10, 15:40
Thanks Serenity, i think Troys mates are trying to defend his name maybe? Cant be sure. iv never met Troy and didnt actually know there was someone doing them up here. Would love to see some more of his work though.

I would like to see more for sure. I never meant to get involved in this discussion in the first place, silly me had to reply though!

And to the tattoo links above, they are amazing, especially the cover ups.

Bazeye
02-Jun-10, 18:28
Mine have all faded. :(

golach
02-Jun-10, 18:49

So have mine :~(

ducati
02-Jun-10, 18:51

That's because you are really, really old. :eek: Bizarrely, for the same reason, all my wedding photo's have faded :cool:

Bazeye
02-Jun-10, 19:27
That's because you are really, really old. :eek: Bizarrely, for the same reason, all my wedding photo's have faded :cool:

I wasnt wearing my glasses.

K.B
02-Jun-10, 20:31
Ive seen Troys work and met him hes a genuine guy and the thing is if any1 is unsure then go see him and ask him if hes "licensed" or watever :roll:
why are people that are not interested in getting a tattoo so bothered about whether he is or isnt reg ...licensed and so on??thought you would only be bothered about it if you was to get one?
sometimes licensed tattooist with premises and the full set up can do crap tattoo's both me and my partner have experienced this and wont be going back to him again thats for sure!

superceltic
03-Jun-10, 20:10
i am defending him as wick is a small place and it only takes a few sad people to moan on here to tarnish his reputation and with having a young family to support i think some people are being unfair.

If you dont know what you are speaking about best not to get involved......

As i have already said for the people who have yet to see Troys designs or would simply like tattoo advice or to the some people who would like to see his licenses, qualifications and what toilet roll he uses to wipe his back side i will be more than happy to pass on his number via a private mail.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bazeye
03-Jun-10, 20:28
i am defending him as wick is a small place and it only takes a few sad people to moan on here to tarnish his reputation and with having a young family to support i think some people are being unfair.

If you dont know what you are speaking about best not to get involved......

As i have already said for the people who have yet to see Troys designs or would simply like tattoo advice or to the some people who would like to see his licenses, qualifications and what toilet roll he uses to wipe his back side i will be more than happy to pass on his number via a private mail.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hope he washes his hands before the needlegun comes out.

superceltic
03-Jun-10, 21:04
Hope he washes his hands before the needlegun comes out.

obviously :lol:

fender
14-Jun-10, 18:20
I'll look forward to visiting the shop once it opens.

Any word of this guy opening up a shop yet?