PDA

View Full Version : tv coverage

gee
10-Jun-06, 11:20
would there be the same type of support shown if it was scotland in the world cup. i doubt it very much. even mars bars have different name now to support england. whenever you put television on, read paper, go on internet there it is staring you in the face, the england team. grrrrr

mccaugm
10-Jun-06, 11:23
[evil] I am sick of all the football nonsense...even coop radio was spouting on about it. I am not anti England/English...I am anti the media frenzy.

porshiepoo
10-Jun-06, 12:21
[evil] I am sick of all the football nonsense...even coop radio was spouting on about it. I am not anti England/English...I am anti the media frenzy.

I think you're right there.
The media causes such a frenzy at these times that we all end up turning on each other to let off steam cos we can't do it to the real culprits (the media)

Gee- I'd like to think that there would be the same kind of hype if Scotland were playing. That may be a little naiive of me but I'd be rooting for them all the same.

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 12:28
To be honest, I havn't really noticed any hype, except here on the org.:cool:

willowbankbear
10-Jun-06, 12:33
To be honest, I havn't really noticed any hype, except here on the org.:cool:

Where have ye been hibernating chikky?:Razz Have ye beeen past Sinclairs bar? all the wee flags outside, Blackstairs is having a Barbecue today but Goodie is from Wigan so thats kind of expected & the Coop has been showing Engurland videos all week until 1 of the staff changed the dvd to Scotlands fine win in 67

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 12:38
Where have ye been hibernating chikky?:Razz Have ye beeen past Sinclairs bar? all the wee flags outside, Blackstairs is having a Barbecue today but Goodie is from Wigan so thats kind of expected & the Coop has been showing Engurland videos all week until 1 of the staff changed the dvd to Scotlands fine win in 67Oh well, I have been sleeping. I havn't had the tv or radio on all week and I havn't been down in the town either. There's no England flags here in my house and the cat hasn't mentioned 1966 once. I might just take a wander out this afternoon though and see what's happening out there..:eek:

changilass
10-Jun-06, 12:40
Oh well, I have been sleeping. I havn't had the tv or radio on all week and I havn't been down in the town either. There's no England flags here in my house and the cat hasn't mentioned 1966 once. I might just take a wander out this afternoon though and see what's happening out there..:eek:

Its been going on for the last month, not just a week lol

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 12:45
Its been going on for the last month, not just a week lolWhere have I been then because I honestly havn't noticed. Apart from a sweepstake at work and all the posts on here, I havn't heard that much about it. Jeepers, I really must waken up a bit..lol:eek:

gee
10-Jun-06, 12:57
connie. have you noticed that a well known choc bar has changed name to believe. this is for the footie

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 13:02
connie. have you noticed that a well known choc bar has changed name to believe. this is for the footieNo, I han't noticed until I read it on here and I've still to see one in the shops.:cool: Does some-one want to come round and take me out for the day? I promise I'll be on best behavior and wont get to excited..:Razz

gee
10-Jun-06, 13:05
there is ads on tv for beer for footie, fast food places with menus based on footie. supermarkets based on stuff for footie. its everywhere. even mobile phone ads

EDDIE
10-Jun-06, 13:16
For me i find it very anoying if the usual run of the mill tv programs are being disrupted in showing because of sports program i just wish they would have seperate channel for these events so we have the choice of watching the sports or not especially when theres as much freeview channels one more channel dedicated to sports would be the anwser

angela5
10-Jun-06, 13:21
No, I han't noticed until I read it on here and I've still to see one in the shops.:cool: Does some-one want to come round and take me out for the day? I promise I'll be on best behavior and wont get to excited..

you really have been going around with your eyes closed. Just as well ye have'na had your telly on, all i've heard since 7am this morning is rooney, rooney, rooney.
I'll come around and take ye out for the afternoon, you can guide me around i'll keep my eyes closed because i've seen enough.;)

scrapydoo
10-Jun-06, 13:22
I hate it when they change my programs for football, cricket, tennis[disgust] . I get very angry it makes me mad cause us creature's of habit don't like our routine being disturbed.[mad]

mccaugm
10-Jun-06, 16:49
For me i find it very anoying if the usual run of the mill tv programs are being disrupted in showing because of sports program i just wish they would have seperate channel for these events so we have the choice of watching the sports or not especially when theres as much freeview channels one more channel dedicated to sports would be the anwser

This is exactly what I was saying on a different thread. How often does "The Bill" get pushed aside for some bleedin football game. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR[evil] (I love the Bill)