PDA

View Full Version : Support your local shop

Chillie
10-Jun-06, 10:26
Aye well when there open, Wednesday afternoon i went up to Caithness chemicals for weed killer and what do i get, nowt! their closed. This half day rubbish should stop, what a cheek to moan about all these new shops ruining local shops.:roll:
So off to Homebase where i'm going to go for everything now.

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 10:30
So off to Homebase where i'm going to go for everything now.You're probably just as well doing that, because likely the other shops are closed on a Saturday too. [disgust]

Chillie
10-Jun-06, 10:31
You're probably just as well doing that, because likely the other shops are closed on a Saturday too. [disgust]

Shearers close at 12 on a saturday.:roll:

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 10:37
Shearers close at 12 on a saturday.:roll:As do the Pultneytown Post Office, Smiths Chemist and Macdonalds Bakery. :~(

scrapydoo
10-Jun-06, 11:01
Most of the local shop shut early yet they complain when they are losing trade to all the new shops .

gee
10-Jun-06, 11:12
i agree. shop owners are quick to complain about new businesses opening and taking away their trade. they are showing no incentive to keep shops local. i would like to see small shops succeed but due to costs and hours of trade it is an expensive business.

angela5
10-Jun-06, 15:36
I agree, how can we support half of them when they are closed most of the time.:roll:

Also, has anyone noticed Mcallans offering half price levi's and a £10 discount if you spend over £50 in the ladies shop and £60 in the mens?
I wonder what that is in aid of.:roll: New look perhaps!

Liz
10-Jun-06, 18:26
As do the Pultneytown Post Office, Smiths Chemist and Macdonalds Bakery. :~(

My sister works in McDonalds Bakery and the reason they close on a Sat afternoon is it is always so quiet then that it wasn't viable to stay open.

Buttercup
10-Jun-06, 18:41
Shearers close at 12 on a saturday.:roll:

Yes, why is it that the very days you have time to do DIY (Weekend) you can't buy the items you need? Surely that's just not logical or good business? :confused

Carlo Gambino
10-Jun-06, 18:46
Thats when those mentioned are doing their D I Y or living their life to the extreme. Why shouldnt they?