PDA

View Full Version : Weight, perceptions and time!

Dadie
15-May-10, 23:55
I looked at an old diary i kept when 17/18 yo and I said if I ever reached 9 st to shoot me now im a bit older and 3 kids later im really happy to reach 9 st again!
I shot up to a size 18 after having Lauren and never really lost all the weight before finding out I was pregnant with Iona then never lost the weight before finding out I was pregnant with Euan....it was a breeze to get down to 9st though as I have had to cut out all the bad stuff at night times due to getting type2 diabetes (thogh I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy) but if I hadnt got that I would still be really struggling .....
No eating plans, no dieticians......
But I wish I never put the weight on in the first place!
What chnged your preceptions on acceptable weight for you?
And how did you stop the weight creeping up over the years?
Looking for tips to keep the weight off now I have lost it!

John Little
15-May-10, 23:59
The key is carbohydrates. Just eat less of them.

Having a curry? No rice. Stick to the main dish and naan - you don't need both.

Cut out the sweets

Magnum Bars are flavoured packs of butter.

Eat as much fruit as you like - though not too many bananas, Go for protein instead of carbs.

Aaldtimer
16-May-10, 02:57
Moderation in all things.
Eat to live...do not live to eat!:confused

Apparently there's a new Atkin's Diet... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1261442/The-new-Atkins-Diet-How-stick-new-improved-diet-plan-reach-target-weight.html

Go figure.

brandy
16-May-10, 09:11
ok now this is what is burning me up.. people go on and on about eating healthy and exercise that it will keep the weight off... it doesnt.
i am still gaining weight.
i drink water.. nothing else..
if i feel a wild streak i will have a glass of skim milk.
i basically live off salad.
chicken ceaser.. but wait.. i just add a few pieces of chicken a tiny sprinkle of cheese some crutons and a Drizzle of dressing.
i exercise... in fact i walk a lot. and as i get to run around the indoor school every wed with the rda.. and usually on a sunday with the boys on lead reign its not just strolling along. and thats on top of having a spastic spaniel.
but i swear since starting to take insulin in dec. i haev put on nearly 2 stone and i cant get it off. im at my wits end dont know what to do.. other than just quit eating and i do kinda want to continue breathing.. which again takes me to where i need to loose the weight before i have a heart attack..

ShelleyCowie
16-May-10, 09:18
Before having Athrun i was a nice slender size 8, bout 10st and im 5ft 9. After having him i was 12 stone :lol:

I did go to slimming world with my mum, but i found it really wasnt the "diet plan" for me. Also i found out i was pregnant again! [lol] But before finding out i was pregnant i got down to 11st.

After this baby i am determined to get down to a size 10 again like i did after Athrun. Although im happy with a size 12 aswell and my OH prefered that too...so he says lol.

The thing that bugged me was having all them pairs of jeans that didnt fit anymore! Thing is....after kids yer bust doesnt go down much does it :eek:

Leanne
16-May-10, 10:35
I think people underestimate how much exercise is needed - 30 minutes aerobic exercise per day and probably more like 2 hours of light exercise. A 20 minute stroll to the shops and back isn't enough. Also portion sizes have got larger over the years. Your stomach is the size of your fist - do we really need a full plate?

I'm off to practice what I preach now - I'm as guilty as anyone :blushes:

kriklah
16-May-10, 11:41
Thing is....after kids yer bust doesnt go down much does it :eek:

??????? where'd you get that idea??!!! i was a modest 36B before the kids, they ballooned with breast feeding. but now, 2 years after my 5th baby, im a 34A!!! where did they go??:confused

then again, im one of those disgusting people that can eat any rubbish they want, no real exersise (unless you factor in the 5 kids!!) but stay at 7 1/2 stone, size 8/10[disgust]

ShelleyCowie
16-May-10, 11:44
??????? where'd you get that idea??!!! i was a modest 36B before the kids, they ballooned with breast feeding. but now, 2 years after my 5th baby, im a 34A!!! where did they go??:confused

then again, im one of those disgusting people that can eat any rubbish they want, no real exersise (unless you factor in the 5 kids!!) but stay at 7 1/2 stone, size 8/10[disgust]

Gosh i wish mine went away like that! I was a 32B before, 36F when i had athrun, after stopped feeding down to a 34 DD. Im an E again already! :(

gosh ur one of those are u! ugh u make me sick! haha jokin

sweetpea
16-May-10, 23:07
For me it's wheat that's to blame. As long as I avoid it my weight stays down. Sometimes if I eat bread I feel ill.

Dadie
16-May-10, 23:11
It was the thought of being 9st when I was 17/18 that horrified me (it is within the healthy range for my height)
I was too skinny (under 8st) thinking back on it...but thought I was fat at the time:eek:

sweetpea
16-May-10, 23:17
I've always been more or less the same and I believe it's because I try eat to suit my body but if I overinduldge in thing like butties I get bloated and feel yuk so I try not to do it again. Trouble is eating out, that always gets me.

ShelleyCowie
16-May-10, 23:46
im a snacker! Love snacking. Whether its a cupcake or a bag o crisps. Love it! Dont over-do it though. Well usually.....im pregnant so thats my excuse to eat a wee bit more! lol

And i dont really eat breakfast. Hate the feeling of eating early in the morning. Have a cup of coffee and thats it til about 11am usually.

My eating is weird, all over the place and stupid! But i love ma dinner :Razz

sweetpea
16-May-10, 23:57
Shelley I'm opposite, if I don't have something when I get up I can't go on lol. Usually I have cereal and tea. Then about half 10 I have more cereal or fruit of something little.
Then I have my denner at night:D

Dadie
17-May-10, 00:01
I have to have breakfast now but I used to skip it!
If I dont have breakfast I get low sugars and feel a bit shaky then eat something bad like a marsbar which sends my sugars soaring and feel awful for it...but its still a struggle to eat in the mornings:lol:

sweetpea
17-May-10, 00:11
I have to have breakfast now but I used to skip it!
If I dont have breakfast I get low sugars and feel a bit shaky then eat something bad like a marsbar which sends my sugars soaring and feel awful for it...but its still a struggle to eat in the mornings:lol:

Exactly, its all about the habits you adopt! I get the shakes as welll.