PDA

View Full Version : Castle Mey 10k run

veekay
15-May-10, 09:50
Good luck and enjoy yourselves to everyone taking part in tomorrows 10k run ( or walk or crawl). You must all be mad but I hope all who can will be out there cheering you along.

donnick
15-May-10, 10:03
good luck to veronica ,Gail ,Beatrice and James who all work at the castle enjoy ur run x

porshiepoo
15-May-10, 10:23
I'm getting really nervous now. lol
My first ever "run" and although I know I can do the distance I'm now panicking about all the little things that can and probably will go wrong. :eek:

pops
15-May-10, 10:38
I'm running it too! I am both nervous and excited for it. It will be my first proper run (and maybe my last :lol:) When I first signed up I couldn't even run for a mintue, so I don't mind how long it takes me just to finish it will do me!

Good luck to anyone else that is running it!

wifie
15-May-10, 12:59
Good luck to everyone taking part! Hope the weather is kind to you!

Anfield
15-May-10, 13:17
Good luck to all runners who are raising much needed funds for charities who receive the majority of sponsorship monies raised.

Boozeburglar
15-May-10, 14:55
Good luck Porshie, hope it goes well. :)

porshiepoo
15-May-10, 16:12
I'm running it too! I am both nervous and excited for it. It will be my first proper run (and maybe my last :lol:) When I first signed up I couldn't even run for a mintue, so I don't mind how long it takes me just to finish it will do me!

Good luck to anyone else that is running it!

Good luck to you.
I was exactly the same when I agreed to be a featured runner. lol. Running for 1 minute just about crucified me and I never thought I'd get to the point where I could run 10k non stop.

Good Luck to every other runner tomorrow.

Moira
16-May-10, 10:39
Good luck to everyone taking part today. The weather is looking favourable so far. Enjoy your day! :D

guitarzan
16-May-10, 16:55
It was a great day for it and was good craic - legs aren't as sore as expected!!

It was won by Andrew Douglas - not sure of the winning time though.

rainbow
16-May-10, 18:47
Andrew Douglas had a course record - think it was about 31mins 40 secs - what does that guy have for breakfast as I want some. I completed the run 2 mins faster than last year, but it was soooo hot, and we did not have the rain that seemed to be falling in other parts of Caithness. A very scenic race, with excellent organisation - you even got a print out of your chip time at the end, which never happens in any other race. Well done to all participants and to the organisers. Tip to the organisers for next year - try to remove those hills that drain your energy??????

porshiepoo
16-May-10, 18:52
Those hills!!!!
Undulating??? I thought that meant the odd incline. lol. The hills wouldn't have been as bad for me if they'd been a bit further in but as it happens they sapped a load of energy that I just don't have at the beginning of a run.
Had a great time though, the atmosphere was great, the marshalls fantastic and the support was just brilliant, in fact the support was kept me going a few times.
I did pray for hot weather lol, but this was too hot. lol. Still I'd rather contend with heat than gale force winds.
Having said that, I was awestruck at the speed some of those front runners went at. How on earth do they manage to sprint that far!!!!!

Well done to all the organisers. This was my first run and I suspect it's going to be a lot for other runs to live up to.

Had a blast!

veekay
16-May-10, 20:32
How brilliant you all were. I have quite a few photos of you poor souls making it up the hill - the one just before you turned onto the main road. Don't know what they are like yet I am about to download ( or upload never quite sure which) them from my camera.
Hope your achy bits won't be too bad in the morning

porshiepoo
16-May-10, 21:29
How brilliant you all were. I have quite a few photos of you poor souls making it up the hill - the one just before you turned onto the main road. Don't know what they are like yet I am about to download ( or upload never quite sure which) them from my camera.
Hope your achy bits won't be too bad in the morning

Don't know if I want to see them or not. :lol: I can well imagine what I looked like.

As for achey bits. I thought I'd gotten off lightly. I had numb feet most of the way round and the arch of my left foot was agony but that's it. However my Achilles tendon is painful on both legs now.
All worth it though! :)