PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers and Plumbers

ducati
15-May-10, 07:02
Why are there so many Lawyers?

In a snap survey (conducted in my head) in any city street you will find 18 Solicitors and no Plumbers.

Surely in your lifetime you will need a Plumber more often than a Lawyer.

I am 50 and I have called a Plumber 3 or 4 times, but I have never called a Lawyer (and my sister is one) :confused

Even in Caithness, there are way more Lawyers, than any other single kind of business.

Errogie
15-May-10, 10:51
In my experience plumbing is a lot easier than it used to be with new pipes, connectors and other aids for fixing things and at the same time managing to cheerfully abandon the old stuff like lead and clay pipes and solder.

However, Acts of Parliament here and in Europe just goes on piling up more and more, rules and controls on top of each other that affect our existence on the planet and every now and then require someone to unscramble it all. So that is my humble explanation for an excess of lawyers over plumbers although if you really have to deal with the brown stuff give me the latter profession every time.

mrlennie
15-May-10, 11:10
They say the last real art in plumbing went when they stopped welding lead pipes for waste and water and whatnot.

Commore
15-May-10, 18:00
Why are there so many Lawyers?

In a snap survey (conducted in my head) in any city street you will find 18 Solicitors and no Plumbers.

Surely in your lifetime you will need a Plumber more often than a Lawyer.

I am 50 and I have called a Plumber 3 or 4 times, but I have never called a Lawyer (and my sister is one) :confused

Even in Caithness, there are way more Lawyers, than any other single kind of business.

I have called a lawyer milllions of times, usually not very nice names.

Bazeye
15-May-10, 18:40
They say the last real art in plumbing went when they stopped welding lead pipes for waste and water and whatnot.

Ah! Lead pipes for water supplies, the good old days.