PDA

View Full Version : Silicone Bakeware

Jenni
15-May-10, 00:58
This isn't a recipe, just a plea for help! I recently bought some of those silicone cake cases for making queen cakes etc but can anyone tell me where I am going wrong - the flipping cakes won't come out :-( I tried leaving it until they cooled down but still the bottom bit got stuck.

sintra307
15-May-10, 02:15
as far as i know you are not doing anything wrong. i use these all the time especially for fruit cake and i never ever have problems. mine go in the oven then into the dishwasher then back to the cupboard i never use anything on them. you could try flouring them first or using some oil, rapeseed or oliveoil it depends what you are cooking.

lauradur
15-May-10, 19:31
maybe using them inside out, shiny side on the outside

Baconbuttie
02-Jun-10, 22:40
I had problems with them sticking so now I put a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom and now they turn out easily.

Birdie Wife
03-Jun-10, 09:54
I've sometimes had problems with mine too - it's a right pain 'cos surely the point of buying this expensive bakeware is that you shouldn't have to line or grease it! It's often when the mixture is quite moist and delicate that I have problems. Try putting a knife around the edge of the cake and then poking it from the bottom to loosen it. With muffins, I've found the best way of turning them out is to turn the case inside out, which pushes the muffin up and out.