PDA

View Full Version : Football-free zone

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:24
Just thought I would start a football free thread for anyone who, like me, is not going to watch the world cup.

I have nothing against it - just am not interested in football in general.

Rheghead
09-Jun-06, 19:26
Will you be watching the rugby instead? They are having it on in the comm tomorrow.

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 19:28
hey,just thought id mention......i tuned into itv1 there,they are covering the poland v ecuador game. 1966 was mentioned twice in the first 6 mins. C'mon Paraguay.

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:28
Will you be watching the rugby instead? They are having it on in the comm tomorrow.

No, although I admit I do like rugby, I will be watching Formula 1 - British GP from Silverstone.

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:29
hey,just thought id mention......i tuned into itv1 there,they are covering the poland v ecuador game. 1966 was mentioned twice in the first 6 mins. C'mon Paraguay.

Oi! This is a football free zone BeJay!!! [lol]

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 19:30
Oi! This is a football free zone BeJay!!! [lol]i know,you said that already

Rheghead
09-Jun-06, 19:31

Can you not read Bejaye!:lol: touche!

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:33
Can you not read Bejaye!:lol: touche!

See BeJay, there's two of us :lol:

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 19:34
Can you not read Bejaye!:lol: touche!like i said,i know its a football free thread,but im ignorant. narf narf

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:36
like i said,i know its a football free thread,but im ignorant. narf narf

Don't worry Bejay, we understand ......

JUST DON'T TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL :lol: :lol:

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 19:37
Don't worry Bejay, we understand ......

JUST DON'T TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL :lol: :lol:im not so ignorant as to not spell your name right tho.

mccaugm
09-Jun-06, 19:40
YES........I am all for that....its barely started and I am sick of it....[evil]

willowbankbear
09-Jun-06, 19:40
No, although I admit I do like rugby, I will be watching Formula 1 - British GP from Silverstone.

Each to their own, I admire ye for that statement on this day of such importance.LOL[lol]

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:45
im not so ignorant as to not spell your name right tho.

... not ignorant, just careless Bejaye. My apologies :o

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:47
YES........I am all for that....its barely started and I am sick of it....[evil]

So welcome to the sane thread :)

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 19:48
poland have got a free kick,

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:48
Each to their own, I admire ye for that statement on this day of such importance.LOL[lol]

Important? Why is it important? Please enlighten us. Oh no, perhaps not .... this is a football free zone ;)

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:49
poland have got a free kick,

Free kick at what?

A snowball, a sandcastle, a haystack, a molehill .............

willowbankbear
09-Jun-06, 19:50
Because I have left my job & start a new 1 next week of course

hammer
09-Jun-06, 19:50
i like rugdy and the comm sounds nice tomorrow how many org'er will be in the comm tomorrow?

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:52
Because I have left my job & start a new 1 next week of course

Ahhhhhh. Now that IS important! Hope everything goes well for you Stone Roses ;)

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:53
im not so ignorant as to not spell your name right tho.

Just realised ... you haven't tried to spell my name!!!!!!

Lugoony too :lol: ;)

willowbankbear
09-Jun-06, 19:54
Ahhhhhh. Now that IS important! Hope everything goes well for you Stone Roses ;)

Thankyou, but now I have to go & watch stv so Ill read ye all later[lol]

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 19:55
Just realised ... you haven't tried to spell my name!!!!!!

Lugoony too :lol: ;)DOH!!!!! !!!!!!!

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 19:55
Thankyou, but now I have to go & watch stv so Ill read ye all later[lol]

Isn't that where they are showing F******* ?

Hopefully not and you are watching a programme about knitting instead :D

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 20:04
Isn't that where they are showing F******* ?

Hopefully not and you are watching a programme about knitting instead :Dyeah it is......its still 0-0.

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 20:11
yeah it is......its still 0-0.

So does that mean knit one purl one, or is it just a plain row ........

:lol: ;)

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 20:14
So does that mean knit one purl one, or is it just a plain row ........

:lol: ;)i know nothin bout knittin sweetheart,but its 1-0 now.

laguna2
09-Jun-06, 20:20
i know nothin bout knittin sweetheart,but its 1-0 now.

Sweetheart? You are assuming that you know my gender!! Just because I don't like football . . . . . . . .

Enjoy the rest of your evening :D

Over and out . . .

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 20:22
Sweetheart? You are assuming that you know my gender!! Just because I don't like football . . . . . . . .

Enjoy the rest of your evening :D

Over and out . . .i always say sweetheart to the elderly,i just assumed you were old cause your pretty boring,and you know about knittin and such.

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 20:39
half time now laguna2......poland 0-1 equador.
put the knittin away and get with it.

Bingobabe
09-Jun-06, 21:48
I for one can not stand football and cant wait untill the world cup is over. The only thing i like about it is the men in little shorts.lol[lol]

willowbankbear
09-Jun-06, 22:04
I for one can not stand football and cant wait untill the world cup is over. The only thing i like about it is the men in little shorts.lol[lol]

Is that why ye keep buying me Lycra shorts? Wondered where the fetish came fae?

Bingobabe
10-Jun-06, 00:44
Is that why ye keep buying me Lycra shorts? Wondered where the fetish came fae?hehhehhehehehehehhe darn my secrets out lol.

badger
10-Jun-06, 19:09
Just seen this thread - yes please let's have a football free zone. I'm sick to death of it already and if anyone mentions that wretched man's foot once more I swear I shall scream. It's no wonder they get inflated ideas of their own importance when every news bulletin mentions a broken bone - as if we cared. Did wonder if I dare ask Niall to put all football threads in a separate forum so those of us who are actually not interested - not even one tiny bit - can be allowed to forget it for a while.

Why can't they have a separate tv channel for sport so those who like it can watch all day and the rest of us can get on with our lives. Keep it out of the main news and in the sports sections only. It's a game for heaven's sake. I do not want to know [disgust]

Am now going into hiding and listening for the tramp of the lynch mob :~(

laguna2
11-Jun-06, 14:43
i always say sweetheart to the elderly,i just assumed you were old cause your pretty boring,and you know about knittin and such.

I was going to ignore this post BeJaye, but I think you deserve a reply.

I have seen other posts from you and they are equally rude. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you see this as humour. Some people do/will not.

This forum is for everyone - and so, everyone is entitled to post messages. If you are not interested in a thread, or find it - or the people posting in it - boring, feel free to look at other threads, or start your own.

Have a nice day.

laguna2
11-Jun-06, 14:45
Just seen this thread - yes please let's have a football free zone. I'm sick to death of it already and if anyone mentions that wretched man's foot once more I swear I shall scream. It's no wonder they get inflated ideas of their own importance when every news bulletin mentions a broken bone - as if we cared. Did wonder if I dare ask Niall to put all football threads in a separate forum so those of us who are actually not interested - not even one tiny bit - can be allowed to forget it for a while.

Why can't they have a separate tv channel for sport so those who like it can watch all day and the rest of us can get on with our lives. Keep it out of the main news and in the sports sections only. It's a game for heaven's sake. I do not want to know

Am now going into hiding and listening for the tramp of the lynch mob :~(

I started to listen to the rugby yesterday - the mentioned the world cup

I started to watch Formula 1 GP - they had a bit about the world cup :(

Just think - we have weeks of this ahead ..... :~

badger
11-Jun-06, 14:58
I started to listen to the rugby yesterday - the mentioned the world cup

I started to watch Formula 1 GP - they had a bit about the world cup :(

Just think - we have weeks of this ahead ..... :~

It's awful - I can't bear it. Just looked through tv schedules for the week - nightmare. Where can we go to get away from it? Is there a club for non-addicts that we can join? :mad:

laguna2
11-Jun-06, 15:02
It's awful - I can't bear it. Just looked through tv schedules for the week - nightmare. Where can we go to get away from it? Is there a club for non-addicts that we can join? :mad:

It is hard to find a way of avoiding it. We could always watch Big Brother I suppose as they don't know what is happening in the football, but perhaps not .... :o

I am thinking of going through my collection of videos, DVDs and reading the odd book.

Any further suggestions?

willowbankbear
11-Jun-06, 16:03
I do feel sorry for ye 2, Its kind of hard to think of somewhere that ye can go to avoid it, I often feel that there is far too much of it on t.v & that every game is the most important match-since the last 1 !!
Must be annoying though

laguna2
11-Jun-06, 17:02
I do feel sorry for ye 2, Its kind of hard to think of somewhere that ye can go to avoid it, I often feel that there is far too much of it on t.v & that every game is the most important match-since the last 1 !!
Must be annoying though

Thanks Stone Roses

Must admit I laugh at the situation too [lol] as it is impossible to avoid.

Never mind, one weekend down - how many to go :lol:

Good luck with the new job by the way!

scrapydoo
11-Jun-06, 17:17
Must admit it's driving me mad all this football .

badger
11-Jun-06, 18:09
Thanks Stone Roses

Must admit I laugh at the situation too [lol] as it is impossible to avoid.

Never mind, one weekend down - how many to go :lol:

Good luck with the new job by the way!

Just to put me out of my misery - how long does it last? Maybe crossing off days on the calendar will help.

Tugmistress
11-Jun-06, 20:53
good luck with the job stone roses :)

everyone else, i have a football free zone at home !
how did i achieve this?
NO TELLY :D

obiron
11-Jun-06, 22:33
with no telly do you listen to the radio and read a bit.

Tugmistress
11-Jun-06, 23:03
i read, i sit on the computer, i go to work, i go out and about :D
i don't do the radio thing either usually .... though if i fancy some background 'noise' i put planetrock on the computer :D

willowbankbear
11-Jun-06, 23:26
i read, i sit on the computer, i go to work, i go out and about :D
i don't do the radio thing either usually .... though if i fancy some background 'noise' i put planetrock on the computer :D

Are ye the wife of the guy who does the wire splicing, sells rope,next door to Jock mackay?

melted_wellie
11-Jun-06, 23:33
Are ye the wife of the guy who does the wire splicing, sells rope,next door to Jock mackay?why do you ask that? has he not got a tv either, and you reckon there canna be 2 households in thurso without a telly.....haha

willowbankbear
11-Jun-06, 23:37
why do you ask that? has he not got a tv either, and you reckon there canna be 2 households in thurso without a telly.....haha

class, but Scrabster isnt thurso LOL hahaha[lol] Im stella`d up now man

Tugmistress
11-Jun-06, 23:41
Are ye the wife of the guy who does the wire splicing, sells rope,next door to Jock mackay?

nope sorry not her (though i think i know Jock Mackay) :)

add a little altitude and take away any neighbours and you have me nailed lol.

willowbankbear
11-Jun-06, 23:45
Nope, I ken where ye mean but I dont ken who ye are? Is that bloke still there? him withthe beard & the Aberdeenshire accent & the dog He had the shed next to Jocks house with the huge green doors

Tugmistress
11-Jun-06, 23:52
No he isn't there anymore, he was a ships chandler, his name is abbey (sp?) is all i know, he closed a while ago now.
If you are ever around scrabster harbour area while the ferry is in, or are travelling on the ferry, and see a female driving one of the blue 'trucks' that unload and load the ferry, or see a female tying up the ferry, then you will know who i am :D

willowbankbear
12-Jun-06, 00:02
I used to be there every monday for landing our crabs,but Im not at sea anymore & I dont go up there as much as Id like to im afraid but ill bear that in mind, goodnight all[lol]