PDA

View Full Version : Cons/LD coalition. The 1st crack

Anfield
14-May-10, 11:31
It has been reported that coalition is facing its first revolt after just two days in power.
Backbench MPs were said to be furious to discover that PM David Cameron and deputy Nick Clegg had struck a backdoor deal to keep them in power for a full five-year term by introducing a bill which would require a majority of 55% (up from a simple majority) to force a vote of no confidence

Commons arithmetic shows that the coalition would survive even if a significant number of disgruntled Conservatives and Liberal Democrats break away.

Kodiak
14-May-10, 11:47
I have been reading all your Negative Posts, and what a good laugh I had, about both the Conserative and Liberal Democrat Political Parties and their members.

It comes across quite clear that not only do you not know what you are talking about but you are twisting the facts to to give the impression that what you state is true.

Get over it, your Party lost the Election and you stirring the pot will not make any difference at all, as your objectives are just too transparant.

But to give you a little help, believe you me you need all the help you can get, here is a wooden spoon to enable you stir your pot a bit faster.

http://i43.tinypic.com/30auw08.jpg

John Little
14-May-10, 11:47
It's been clarified now. It mirrors the Scottish and Welsh assemblies in that if the majority ruling party in a coalition tries a vote of confidence then they would need 55%. That's to stop the Cons walking out on the Lib Dems before the term agreed.

But if Labour or Lib Dem try it then it's still simple majority.

On the other hand it is saying that the Lib Dems do not entirely trust their new pals.

Anfield
14-May-10, 11:59
I have been reading all your Negative Posts, and what a good laugh I had, about both the Conserative and Liberal Democrat Political Parties and their members.
It comes across quite clear that not only do you not know what you are talking about but you are twisting the facts to to give the impression that what you state is true.

So you will admit that there are "facts". pm me if you seek any clarification on any facts that I have "twisted".

Andfield
14-May-10, 12:00
It has been reported that coalition is facing its first revolt after just two days in power.

You can really tell them Anfield m8 :lol:.

I say bring back Degsy and his mates and all us self employed Merseyside "business persons" will make yet another fortune. Might even scam enough to buy another yacht/Rolex/BMW.[lol]

Viva la revolution :Razz

Kodiak
14-May-10, 12:04
So you will admit that there are "facts". pm me if you seek any clarification on any facts that I have "twisted".

Now why would I want to do that. Reading you spurious posts here is more than enough.

I am happy though that you admit on twisting the Facts.

Anfield
14-May-10, 13:09
Now why would I want to do that. Reading you spurious posts here is more than enough.

I am happy though that you admit on twisting the Facts.

Read again, I did not say that I had twisted facts.
By the way, my initial post is now official (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8681624.stm ) so now look like you have a bit of the yellow stuff on your face

file:///E:/DOCUME%7E1/KEVINL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8681624.stm)

achingale
15-May-10, 11:02
I think there will be many cracks in this partnership and do not see how it can last for 5 years. Perish the thought.

golach
15-May-10, 12:37
Your stuck with the Con-Libs for the next 5 years, first thing they did on getting power was to change the playing field in favour of themselves, and have agreed a full 5 year Parliment even if in the future they will get defated.

northener
15-May-10, 13:26
New Party gets in power.

New Party seeks to ensure their long-term longevity.

What makes this Government any different from any of it's predecessors?

I'd say one of the most basic rules in any situation when you're taking something over is consolidate your position and ensure it's long-term stability. Otherwise you have nothing.

Attack, Supress, Reserve.

Kodiak
15-May-10, 14:47
Read again, I did not say that I had twisted facts.

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8681624.stm)

Ahh what you said was and I quote you :- "pm me if you seek any clarification on any facts that I have "twisted"

This means you wanted me to PM you so you could explain the Facts that you twisted.

So this means that you admit to twisting the facts, QED !!

Anfield
15-May-10, 17:21
Do you agree that subsequent events have proven my OP to be true?

Ahh what you said was and I quote you :- "pm me if you seek any clarification on any facts that I have "twisted"

This means you wanted me to PM you so you could explain the Facts that you twisted.

So this means that you admit to twisting the facts, QED !!

I think you will find that it was yourself that first mentioned "twisting facts"
which as mentioned above is now a proven fact i.e that MPs are not happy in planned changes for term of Parliament.

ducati
15-May-10, 17:34
Suck it up Anfield, they are here to stay.........for a while :eek:

crayola
15-May-10, 17:53
You are right to draw this to everyone's attention Anfield. They are trying to rush constitutional change through parliament without adequate discussion in just a few days.