PDA

View Full Version : 6a,m text message.

cuddlepop
14-May-10, 08:18
Well I've been bright eyed since Vodafone decided to send me a text message at 6am this morning.I know I've waited a wee while for my internet package to be dispatched but did they have to scare the life out of me at 6 this morning.maybe its a woman thing but that early I alwas fear the worst.

riggerboy
14-May-10, 09:05
Well I've been bright eyed since Vodafone decided to send me a text message at 6am this morning.I know I've waited a wee while for my internet package to be dispatched but did they have to scare the life out of me at 6 this morning.maybe its a woman thing but that early I alwas fear the worst.

it may have been 6am with you but i reckon its has to 5pm somewhere,

rob1
14-May-10, 09:31
I managed to solve the problem of getting woken up by my mobile. The trick is to either turn it off or leave it in the lounge.

balto
14-May-10, 09:53
im exactly the same, if the phone goes in the middle of the night i always worry that there is something wrong.

Stefan
14-May-10, 10:29
I managed to solve the problem of getting woken up by my mobile. The trick is to either turn it off or leave it in the lounge.

That doesn't help if you have elderly relatives who may need to ring you at unsociable hours for help.... some people need their phone on all the time...
Natwest used to text me my balance every morning at 5am, but they must have gotten that many complaints that they now don't send them before 8am.

ducati
14-May-10, 10:39

Or.... be on 3 or orange and anywhere in Caithness :roll:

Leanne
14-May-10, 10:41
My other halfs mum frequently rings at 11pm (after she gets in from bingo :roll:). Calls at that time of night always panic me as I think it's an emergency. For a 'chat' I think it's damn rude to ring at bedtime - OH can't see the problem grrrr

Edit - I used to have text alerts for Facebook - turned that off pretty quick. People are up at funny times of the night :(

Phill
14-May-10, 11:21
I need the mowbyfone on 24/7 fer work, me tinterwebmail type stuff lands there as well.
The VAT man is showing his humorous side by reminding me via email at 2AM that I have my return due!

Also there is one guy that insists on sharing all his jokey texts and emails to my work accounts, he's travels a bit and always manages to be 12 hours out in his timezones. He doesn't quite understand why I don't find them funny at 3AM, 2AM, 4AM..................

cuddlepop
14-May-10, 12:08
I need the mowbyfone on 24/7 fer work, me tinterwebmail type stuff lands there as well.
The VAT man is showing his humorous side by reminding me via email at 2AM that I have my return due!

Also there is one guy that insists on sharing all his jokey texts and emails to my work accounts, he's travels a bit and always manages to be 12 hours out in his timezones. He doesn't quite understand why I don't find them funny at 3AM, 2AM, 4AM..................

With friends like that who needs enemies.:lol:

fender
14-May-10, 18:14
it may have been 6am with you but i reckon its has to 5pm somewhere,

Very clever!! You a CW fan?

Vistravi
14-May-10, 21:40

I hardly ever turn my phone of. It's only ever of if it dies and i have forgotten to charge it or i'm in a hospital.

It may sit on the bedside table near me but i never hear it in my sleep regardless of phone call or text ;)

Mind you i used to never go anywhere without my phone but now i'm often without it. For the first time since i've had a mobile i'm finding myself sometimes forgetting where it is or losing it.

Dadie
14-May-10, 22:06
My mum is good at random phonecalls at unfortunate times!
Bedtimes (mine or the kids) Bathtime for the kids, dinner time (5pm everynight is standard dinner time in our house)or stupid o clock in the morning just to let me know what bargains she has got in tescos or she has finished knitting something or is at a loose end....
My mobile does not get reception in the house so it only gets used when out and about... my texts come in then!

achingale
15-May-10, 11:01
I switch my mobile off overnight because if anyone needs to get me in an emergency they can use the landline.