PDA

View Full Version : WICK Airport to be sold to Windfarm developer

CHESTER
10-May-04, 16:08
YES .It's a hoax , but it's closer to the truth than you think. Windturbines may need to be placed it places that may seem Mad to most.Could your house be demolished to make way for turbines. Well the answer could be YES .It's the same law a pylons came under ,they went up all over the place and Joe public could do nothing to stop it .
Let's take some of the best places to put turbines .YES YES YES the causewaymire/if we extend that run north ward to say Halkirk ,or even through to the 30 mph sign at Thurso and demolish all the houses in the way . Then from the airport to Bower (nice flat bit) and have a few turbines in the grouds of Achergill Tower (which has now been turned into flats as no one with money wants bloody Turbine in photo's or back garden ) Let's see how about Kiess North to Groat's all that SSSI ground held aside for wildlife . That ground could hold over 600 turbines 2.5mw 300ft Turbines . To off set the lost off housing due to the turbines ,why don't they put wider towers on the turbines so people can live inside these multistory flats (like old windmills) .The views would be stunning the electricity would be cheap and you can get a house in the country ,when a standard 3 bedroom house on the same plot would be Refused Planning .
I await your reply

Anonymous
10-May-04, 17:27
What utter nonsense...

If you want people to take you seriously then perhaps you should stick to making serious points.

JAWS
11-May-04, 00:13
I thought he was serious.

The way sites are being dreamed up I'm surprised one of the Power Companies haven't offered him a job yet as a Site Assessor.

scotsboy
11-May-04, 09:12
I sense a humour implant is required for the moderator :roll:

Riffman
11-May-04, 10:06
Well, if we don't do anything to stop it, then this seemily unlike situation could become reality. If you want to do something about it, why don't you come along to the Powergen Wind farm display in Watton village hall tonight from 5-8.00 pm. They want to put turbine up at camster—i can't imagine the picts will be very pleased.... so i'm going to see what grim schemes are being proposed... wish me luck

Riff

scotsboy
11-May-04, 11:14
What is the crux of the "protest" anything worthy of note or just a NIMBY approach. Surely a balanced energy policy has to be good - I mean our current oil based economy is the root cause of all major problems on the planet today. It seems that current renewable energy sources will not be able to provide for all of ourenergy needs - but what are the alternatives?

Donnie
11-May-04, 11:32
Bring on the windfarms!

Riffman
11-May-04, 19:11
Well, i went to the exibition and had a good nose round what they were wanting to do. I agree with them and think that this particular scheme would be quite suitable for Caithness. It wouldn't be quite as visable as the Causeymire ones and they have carefully positioned to make sure that none of them are in the tourist photos of the Cairns.

Bring on the Windfarms! Yes siree!! We want em!!

:cool: I'm a convert!! :cool:

Riff