PDA

View Full Version : iphone query

silverlady
13-May-10, 15:14
Anyone got an iphone on 02 in Caithness - does your phone do everything its supposed to or are there certain things, particularly internet applications etc, that dont work up here? Thanks

floyed
13-May-10, 16:31
Had the iphone since they came out on O2 had no probs with anything:D

EDDIE
13-May-10, 16:51
if you try sending a photo via email and your not in 3g area it plays up and keeps trying to resend and runs slow

roses123
13-May-10, 17:11
I have an iphone on o2 and it works perfectly, not had any problems.

Raven
13-May-10, 17:18
No probs at all with our iphones here in Caithness! Wouldnt want to miss it for much! ;)

Perambulate
13-May-10, 19:41
mine works fine. however if i go out of signal or send a lot of txts then none come through for ages and then i ge like 8 at once but i think thats a software issue

silverlady
13-May-10, 19:56
Thanks everyone! Considering an upgrade from a Samsung, can get iphone at a little more each month and looks like fun! You guys may have just swung it!!!!

LMS
13-May-10, 20:37
The iPhone is brilliant and I couldn't live without it now. Quite sad, I know, but it is great.

To diversify slightly - I am on Vodafone and service can be a bit unpredictable. I had perfect reception with various phones with Vodafone but for some reason, the iPhone doesn't get as good reception. Any ideas anyone?

Stefan
13-May-10, 21:09
yep, it's the iphone... nothing you can do. i have better reception with my htc hd2 than my other half with her iphone when placed in the same spot... both on o2...
wick has o2 high speed but all other areas are still gprs, everything seems to work on the iphone, just a tad slower...

Stefan
13-May-10, 21:42
btw, my other half uses the home router to download stuff to her iphone, which is a lot faster than gprs...

Phill
13-May-10, 21:47
To diversify slightly - I am on Vodafone and service can be a bit unpredictable. I had perfect reception with various phones with Vodafone but for some reason, the iPhone doesn't get as good reception. Any ideas anyone?

Yup, does be the iPhone. I had the same problem on Vodafone, checked it out with other users on O2 & Orange and they had the same issues.
As a fun gadget with app's it's great, but as a communications tool it's bobbins. Binned it and went back to a Blackberry.

silverlady
14-May-10, 23:44
Just a thought, is Wick a 3g area???