PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

Dr Evil
09-Jun-06, 13:30
What do you think of the scottish, welsh and irish people of the illustrious being made to salute England for the world cup?

Naefearjustbeer
09-Jun-06, 17:50
2 fingered variety? :roll: :lol:

Bulldog
09-Jun-06, 19:13
What do you think of the scottish, welsh and irish people of the illustrious being made to salute England for the world cup?

What a load of claptrap! WHO is making the other nations salute England? Obviously somebody who knows nothing about the game. Would England support France? NO! England has a huge army of fans and certainly does not need the support! There would be no fun at all if there was no banter - serious or not - name calling is the best part!:lol:

Rheghead
09-Jun-06, 19:21
I don't care if the entire Scotland supports all else but England. To me it is about the game of football, not politics and petty past rivalries, that is what McConnell said anyway and England play great allround football and that is what I want to see. I won't go around boasting if England wins but I will quietly and smugly revel in their victory of the world. Which appreciater of football wouldn't if their team wins?:Razz

Whitewater
10-Jun-06, 00:16
I always like a good game of football no matter which team wins. But there appears to be something in some football supporters minds that is unable to accept the success of what is classed as their main opposition. Take the European cup as an example, when Rangers or Celtic are playing as the only representatives of Scotland, will a Rangers supporter hope Celtic do well or a Celtic supporter wish Rangers well. No way!! their mind are not broad enough to see or accept the success for Scotland or see beyond their own little corner of the world.

But I must admit I'm rather tired of hearing about 1966.

Dr Evil
10-Jun-06, 10:43
[/QUOTE] There would be no fun at all if there was no banter - serious or not - name calling is the best part!:lol:[/QUOTE]

well said i know that at work we all ahve a laugh and a carry on about he world cup but when it comes to it we are all are proud of where we come from.

Chillie
10-Jun-06, 10:45
There would be no fun at all if there was no banter - serious or not - name calling is the best part!:lol:

It's all fun and banter, some people are too serious.:roll:

orkneylass
10-Jun-06, 17:25
Isn't it??????[evil]

Bulldog
11-Jun-06, 09:52
Isn't it??????[evil]

What? Racism?
I don't know what you have been reading but I'm sure it's not the same as I have. I have read the posts on the forum and not felt the slightest bit offended, if they were meant to offend I apologise for not sulking. The World Cup Joke thread had me laughing, as did the reply of being cattleprodded back to England. For petes sake, why are people so sensitive? I'm proud of where I live and where I come from, why shouldn't I be? It's a football thread and name calling, jokes, songs are a part of it, it's called passion! Get over it!

orkneylass
11-Jun-06, 10:19
Just pointing out that the "don't join if you can't take a joke "mentality used to be applied to what was said about the jews, the blacks, the handicapped, the mentally ill etc - worth thinking about where the line gets overstepped and the definition of racial abuse - something perceived to be racist by the person it is aimed at. Not trying to spoil anyone's fun but asking that this is borne in mind.