PDA

View Full Version : Windows

bobbyjoeufb
12-May-10, 20:29
Been looking to have my windows replaced. I have had a couple of companys over and given me quotes but not sure who to go with.

Can anyone recommend any company or give feedback good or bad?

Gronnuck
12-May-10, 21:57
Have you had a look at Norscot over at Bower? We've had a look around their showroom there and were quite impressed.

sweetpea
12-May-10, 22:02
I recently had mine put in by Norscot and have to say they were the best price and the guys who did it made a really good job and were a pleasure to have in the house, really tidy. It was a fairly big job and the finishins were really well done.

coppertop 1958
12-May-10, 22:05
Been looking to have my windows replaced. I have had a couple of companys over and given me quotes but not sure who to go with.

Can anyone recommend any company or give feedback good or bad?

Norscot over at Bower did my sisters house very good work in and out side ...

theone
12-May-10, 22:25
I was happy with the price and impressed with the workmanship of Sinclair windows.

The salesman is also first class. He comes, measures and quotes. No hard sell, no 'special discount if you order today' etc. I can't remember if it was cairngorm or everest but I couldn't get rid of that salesman, he was so pushy trying to get a sale.

Heres some previous threads:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=88675

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=73164

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46827

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=32491

Liz
12-May-10, 22:34
I am really happy with the windows and doors we got fitted by Sinclairs Windows.

The lads were so nice and friendly and tidied up after themselves. Also the customer service from Terry Clark is excellent.:D

DIH
12-May-10, 22:37
I've just had new windows and doors fitted by County joiners Wick and can highly recommend them.

upolian
12-May-10, 22:38
sinclair windows definately,i have recommended them to many people and never had a complaint,good prices,quality windows and tidy up well after them :D

sweetpea
12-May-10, 23:37
Em forgot to say this... if your looking for someone to clean your new windows and remove the marks left from the stickers be prepared to do it yourself. I have tried to entice several people with the offer of money to do this but without success.
I got quotes from Sinclairs and Everest but Norscot beat them and County never showed up to do a quote.

Foxy
12-May-10, 23:39
I had new windows fitted last year by Garry Dickson of windowcraft tel: 01856841719 or mob: 07831630234. Windows were excellent quality and price, neat and tidy workmanship and nothing was to much trouble.

windswept
18-May-10, 18:23
I wouldn't recommend Cairngorm Windows. Long story but turns out there windows are not good at keeping out the wind. If you want to look at the job that they did send PM, best viewed on a northwestly wind. Despite instigating court proceedings against us they wouldn't let it get to a hearing - very strange but not uncommon.

Try to get a company that is a member of the glass and glazing federation (or similar) It may afford you some protection if it goes badly. And directly ask the question will they be wind and watertight.

Good LUCK - in the words of Cairngorm Window/Profile 22

FENESTRATION IS NOT A PANACEA.....

cherokee
18-May-10, 18:48
Hey Windswept !!

Yes, totally agree with you with regards to "Cairngorm" ....

Cowboys in the first degree - we were left with all five of our windows "done" by them, leaking !!!!

Cairngorm reactions to our many queries were - "Nothing at all to do with us - Your problem!!!"

The "manager" from Inverness refused, point-blank, to discuss the situation with "Trading Standards" after we contacted them...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Our windows still leak water and after having "Proper" companies in to peruse said windows - verdict - from everyone (qualified) ....

"What at aboslute shambles made by Cairngorm Windows !!!!!"

cherokee
18-May-10, 19:02
P/S - We ended up getting Sinclair Windows from Wick to replace our other windows....

Brilliant job and very tidy workmen !!! - Really recommend them !!!!

Kim00020
19-May-10, 17:25
i had windows fitted by andrew bremner joiner contractor.by far the cheapest out the other local companies and windows are great.:D.he did everything and was very helpful.made an excellent job. 07723327028

windswept
20-May-10, 13:16
Hey Windswept !!

Yes, totally agree with you with regards to "Cairngorm" ....

Cowboys in the first degree - we were left with all five of our windows "done" by them, leaking !!!!

Cairngorm reactions to our many queries were - "Nothing at all to do with us - Your problem!!!"

The "manager" from Inverness refused, point-blank, to discuss the situation with "Trading Standards" after we contacted them...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Our windows still leak water and after having "Proper" companies in to peruse said windows - verdict - from everyone (qualified) ....

"What at aboslute shambles made by Cairngorm Windows !!!!!"

Similar story with us Trading Standards go nowhere if it had got to court and the court ruled in my favour then TS said they would pursure a prosecution.
The law of this land is truely an ass and justice belongs to the one with the most money, being in the right counts for nothing. Trading Standards will take action against a market trader selling a 22p kiwi fruit that is 2mm below the EU standard but glazing companies such as our friends Cairngorm can badly install substandard products costing thousands of pounds and the consumer is on their own. The law does not protect the consumer as it should.
I would like to know how often Cairngorm Windows aka Inverness Galzing Alba Windows etc raise court action compared to how many cases they actually go thro with.