PDA

View Full Version : What are you most looking forward to this summer?

mrlennie
12-May-10, 09:33
For me it is the sun when it comes out it makes me happy:cool::cool::cool:

emb123
12-May-10, 10:20
For me it is the sun when it comes out it makes me happy:cool::cool:
for me it is also the sun.... if it comes out :) Even better if it stays out !

I still find it weird how it never used to bother in the slightest me when I was young, but the older I get, the more I miss the simple pleasure of sunshine on my skin.

Roll on summer!

riggerboy
12-May-10, 10:39
the long and seemingly everlasting nights, the bright and cheery mornings the birds singing and the milkman clinking his bottles as he whistles along the garden path going about his daily chores ,the hellos and the very good mornings the smiles and cheer in the faces of people bringing a warmth that only the summer can bring,when you have done all the little bits and pieces for the day and its only 6am, the sauntering and lazing about, the i`m in no hurry approach, thats what i like about the summer,

and unfortunately if you study hard enough the faces of people you can see the mood change as the weather goes from summer to winter,

Anfield
12-May-10, 10:43
Hopefully an end to "The Election" dominating coversation, the media and forums.

The World Cup

An Indian Summer

upolian
12-May-10, 10:54
Sun + beer :D

mrlennie
12-May-10, 10:59
Beer how could i forget???

upolian
12-May-10, 11:02
Beer how could i forget???

Summer i just another excuse to work hard play harder[lol]

Vistravi
12-May-10, 11:46
Barbecue for my birthday and getting to know my baby.

achingale
12-May-10, 11:59
Sun, sun, sun and heat of course. Also long nights sitting out with a glass of wine and good company with the smell of the barbeque. Idyllic. :cool:

tonkatojo
12-May-10, 12:44
the long and seemingly everlasting nights, the bright and cheery mornings the birds singing and the milkman clinking his bottles as he whistles along the garden path going about his daily chores ,the hellos and the very good mornings the smiles and cheer in the faces of people bringing a warmth that only the summer can bring,when you have done all the little bits and pieces for the day and its only 6am, the sauntering and lazing about, the i`m in no hurry approach, thats what i like about the summer,

and unfortunately if you study hard enough the faces of people you can see the mood change as the weather goes from summer to winter,

Dear me RB, this is a bit deep from you.:eek:

Gronnuck
12-May-10, 12:54
Continental motorhome owners who travel slowly in convoy :lol:;)

shamrock2007
12-May-10, 13:01
Our family holiday to Majorca at the start of the school hols then just chilling out, bbq's & Rose wine! Bliss :D

riggerboy
12-May-10, 13:54

i can turn it on when required tonka, hope life is being good to you

bekisman
12-May-10, 13:57
A new Knee

Dadie
12-May-10, 14:02
Warm days with just enough of a breeze to keep the midgies away!
Letting the bairns play in the paddling pool without fear of frostbite.
And potty training Iona... will be easier as there will be less layers of clothes to remove.

porshiepoo
12-May-10, 14:26
Hot and sunny days. Last year it got so hot I could do nothing outside but lay on the decking with my feet in the lake/pond - bliss!

Also looking forward to my house finally being completed and ready to move in to.
I may even hold my first ever barbecue. :eek:

oldmarine
12-May-10, 14:45
My wife will soon be off from work at the local high school for the summer. We have plans to travel together to her small group of seven's (college classmates) reunion at Ames, Iowa. They get together every two years. I enjoy traveling with her to those reunions. They alternate between the various cities where the girls live. Three of the girls have lost their husbands. A husband of one of the girls and myself will be accompanying the group. I look forward to being with my lovely wife for this glorious event. We will spend 2 nights on the road coming and going plus the 4 nights at Ames, Iowa.

elamanya
12-May-10, 15:48
Bon Jovi in the saddledome in Calgary, and the stampede, and a couple of weeks in Canada

wifie
12-May-10, 16:59

I too was waiting for the punchline tonka!

I am looking forward to the long light nights and visiting Caithness! :)

Thumper
12-May-10, 17:34
Common pups-love it! Oh and of course the gala's,great fun! x

ducati
12-May-10, 17:59
New Bike, lots of travelling around Scotland mostly with the dogs but some on bike action, Barbies, Swimming at Dunnet beach (once, in about mid July) :eek:

Might get a boat or poss. a pair of JetSkis :cool:

Exploring Portgower :eek: on a very sunny day.

StacNKel
12-May-10, 18:11
Having my baby at the end of July! Not the labour part of it though :eek: lol but the getting to meet my baby and getting my body back! haha:D

nightspirit
12-May-10, 21:12
Coming home (well my wife's home and hopefully our family's soon) to caithness for at least a fornight !!

wifie
12-May-10, 22:16
Might get a boat or poss. a pair of JetSkis :cool:

Well that has conjured up an unusual pic - you on yer Jet Skis à la Ben Hur!!! :eek:

ducati
12-May-10, 23:42
Well that has conjured up an unusual pic - you on yer Jet Skis à la Ben Hur!!! :eek:

Have you heard about the rocket-powered skis? The second prototype had a rocket on only one ski, to avoid the unfortunate situation of your legs accelerating away from each other at 60 mph :eek:

wifie
13-May-10, 00:09
Have you heard about the rocket-powered skis? The second prototype had a rocket on only one ski, to avoid the unfortunate situation of your legs accelerating away from each other at 60 mph :eek:

Will you please stop wi the pic conjurin in ma heid! :eek:

trix
13-May-10, 00:10
am lookin forward til goin til america in july :cool:

....til 'e emerald city!

slinky
13-May-10, 02:54
well ur all very lucky il be looking forward to seeing my kids :):D dont see them much growing up to fast {fathers rights member:roll:)

sandyr1
13-May-10, 03:49

....til 'e emerald city!

I mean are you really going to the fictional City in the Land of Oz?? Wowee....

Margaret M.
13-May-10, 18:52

....til 'e emerald city!

So where is that -- Seattle?

trix
13-May-10, 19:13

indeed margaret...an il be takin more than one pair o' shoes wi' me ;)

oldmarine
14-May-10, 14:30

Seattle: the land of mist and rain where it's difficult to find the sun.