PDA

View Full Version : for mums

Dadie
11-May-10, 23:26
I bought my girlies a dolls house... which is great, but, I dont really like the brats dolls that came with it.....
Me and my sis slagged them off like crazy today...tarty is all I can say on here without getting my hands slapped.... but how do other mums cope with unsuitable provocative stuff our kids are subjected to and how do you cope with the enivitable tantrums of everyone else has (whatever)but me...cos I dont entertain it whatever...(bad mum??) oops.

ShelleyCowie
11-May-10, 23:48
Well i dont have daughters, but me and my sister used to play with barbies when we were little!

But i really detest them brats dolls. As if there isnt enough out there that make kids try and grow up too fast without a doll showing a big bust, high heels, pouted lips etc etc.

Im with you Dadie. Dont like em, think they are too provocative for kids. Barbie was subtle with the bust and things. Brats just have everything standing out :eek:

Dont like em. lol

Dadie
12-May-10, 09:19
I dont really like barbie either....

Vistravi
12-May-10, 11:59
I bought my girlies a dolls house... which is great, but, I dont really like the brats dolls that came with it.....
Me and my sis slagged them off like crazy today...tarty is all I can say on here without getting my hands slapped.... but how do other mums cope with unsuitable provocative stuff our kids are subjected to and how do you cope with the enivitable tantrums of everyone else has (whatever)but me...cos I dont entertain it whatever...(bad mum??) oops.

Good mum i think. Should never entertain a tantrum. I let no child tell me how it's going to be.

I think in general kids are being pushed to grow up faster. Just look at the adverts for some toys now. One in particular springs to mind about make up. A toy thats bascially just make up and you've got two 8 year olds putting it on delighted with it. At that age my bike was much more interersting, make up was useful for creative purposes only then lol.

It really shows just how quickly kids are being pushed into growing up when you hear kids talking about who they fancy in school and who they want to be their boyfriend/girlfriend. Maybe my not wanting to follow the crowd extends further than i thought it did as i wasn't interested in men at all untill i was 18. As my dad told me a few times then, i had my head screwed on.

When i hear teenage girls going on about how much they really want a boyfriend and a baby i cringe. They're wanting too much too young and not seeing what is out there before they tie themselves to an adult life.

One of my step sisters is like this. she's rushing into marriage and into having a baby for all the wrong reasons. (marriage to beat her sister to it and baby is to prevent from going to afgan) I love her too much to just sit back and let her do this. But i have to as she will not listen to reason and wait untill the time is right properly.

Dadie
12-May-10, 13:29
Where can I get dollies that look like little girls?
And I should have looked at the bag of dolls better before getting them....my sister banned brats after her girl wanted to dress like them:eek:
I never really took note of them in the shops as I dont go up and down the toy aisles (unless I want to spend a fortune)
They are only little for such a short time... I dont want them growing up too fast!
I love hello kitty as I think it is more innocent ....
I know kids love to dress up and play with make up even my 2 girls love lipstick/gloss at only 4 and 2 but they get scrubbed before leaving the house and anyway Iona just likes the taste!

kgs
12-May-10, 16:16
I got my niece lovely traditional accessories and a wooden peg family for her dolls house in the toy shop in Thurso. They are fab and she loves them.

Venture
12-May-10, 17:19
Where can I get dollies that look like little girls?

http://www.dollymania.co.uk/gotz-dolls-c-59.html

I've bought a couple of times for presents from this website but it's been rag dolls. There are hundreds of different dolls on here, some are a bit pricey but the quality and detail are good.:)

Highland lad
12-May-10, 19:08
Why don't you try sylvanian families. My daughter loves them and there are loads of different families.
Only down side is they are a bit expensive, but isn't everything.

ks
12-May-10, 22:47
My daughter loves Polly Dolls, they are quite small though and some of the clothes are difficult to get on the first few times.